PDA

View Full Version : seat time on new valk

xzvs
08-02-2014, 08:01 PM
guys this is a great bike -- not going to go sullen -- it freaken hauls ass. It still look like a walrus (and I can't get past that) . I't pretty nimble but no where near the intuitive nature of the F6 . Comfort -- good -- once again not close to F6b . It's a solid bike . It pulls like a damn freight train

srt8-in-largo
08-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Whats the power and torque rating on the Valk... same as the 6?

Wetrudgeon
08-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Whats the power and torque rating on the Valk... same as the 6?

Same motor as F6 but 100lbs lighter. Rode one recently and agree with xzvs. The thing is formidable. Few cruisers can equal it. Fewer still can surpass it.

We trudge on.

srt8-in-largo
08-02-2014, 08:41 PM
I saw that the engine is the same, but that doesn't mean power levels have to be the same.

Sometimes a manufacturer will create an OEM tuner package that'll make 10 or 20 more hp or so. This is what I was wondering about.

Jimmytee
08-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I saw that the engine is the same, but that doesn't mean power levels have to be the same.

Sometimes a manufacturer will create an OEM tuner package that'll make 10 or 20 more hp or so. This is what I was wondering about.

They are the same. 100 lbs, makes quite a difference though.

opas ride
08-02-2014, 09:15 PM
A couple of bike mags say the power increase in the Valk is mainly due to the different air intake needed to put gas tank on top and the special valve installed in the exhaust to give it more "honk"...They both said the thing is really quick due to the 100 lighter weight also....

srt8-in-largo
08-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Its nice looking... but definitely no 6.

I'm glad to see this engine getting more use; maybe that'll wake up the performance aftermarket a little bit.

mtcgun
08-02-2014, 10:15 PM
so that makes it almost 200lbs lighter than a regular wing. it should haul.

hiflyer
08-02-2014, 10:18 PM
so that makes it almost 200lbs lighter than a regular wing. it should haul.

Passed one on the street today, with a windshield. Looked cool.

bobbyf6b
08-03-2014, 12:30 AM
What's the top speed? Is it governed like the F6?

ED209
08-03-2014, 05:28 AM
I was wondering about the rev-limits also. Plus the magazines do not post any 1/4 mile times anywhere. If the F6B put down a "magazine pro rider" best time of 11.86 seconds at 111mph, than one could only imagine that 1/4 mile time is better on the F6C Valkyrie. :yikes:

xzvs
08-09-2014, 04:15 PM
the 1500 wing and the 1500 valk engines were different with 6 carbs vs 2 on the wing and different cams and cam timing -- the old valk engine was a lot peppier than the wings. I am not sure, but think wing and new valk have the same basic powerplants

xzvs
08-09-2014, 04:22 PM
also if I get a chance to line up the f6b with one and run I'll do it but if it were me on both bikes the valk will pull it for sure. Then again I will have no bugs in my teeth and listen to my ipod on the highway through the stereo the valk doesnt have -- with cold beverages in my sealed saddlebags that it doesn't have either.

ED209
08-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Certainly no matter what color the Valkyrie, it will be the fastest. But a red F6B will give you a run. :biggthumpup:

shooter
08-09-2014, 10:53 PM
They are the same. 100 lbs, makes quite a difference though.

It's not the same. More timing and more fuel have been dialed in according to Honda.

srt8-in-largo
08-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Got a link to that info about more timing and fuel? If they recommend 91 or 93 in the Valk then something has certainly been tweaked and more power is being created.

I thought I saw a magazine tester go 11.4s in the quarter mile on an F6. 850lbs... 115hp... we should be mid to low 11's easily.

ED209
08-10-2014, 04:34 AM
They got an 11.86 second run out of a 2013 F6B, so I can only imagine that the Valk with at minimum shave off a couple tenths if it has the same fuel adjustment, gearing, and redline as an F6B. I just want to hear some kick-arse stories from you Valk guys. :icon_cool: You guys have the fighters, go kick some booty. :biggthumpup:

Jimmytee
08-10-2014, 08:07 AM
It's not the same. More timing and more fuel have been dialed in according to Honda.

According to Honda where? Where did you get your info from? I wouldn't trust some sales guy."coffee"
I've rode both. The Valk is quicker, but it should be. It's lighter. However, I figured that by the time I added what I'd want to add to the bike, hard bags, hopefully a fairing, there wouldn't be that much of a weight difference.

I did test ride a 14 F6B that had had custom exhaust work, cat removed, a bazzazz etc... It was a noticeable difference. I think it would definitely give the new Valk a run for the money. I wanted to buy there and have the same done, but the sales guy and I were just too far off. He was trying to clown me.

srt8-in-largo
08-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Jimmy, what octane does the Valk need?

Jimmytee
08-11-2014, 05:37 AM
Jimmy, what octane does the Valk need?

I believe it is the same requirements. The octane wouldn't necessarily need to be higher if changes had occurred. However, I have not read, been told, or heard of the Valkyrie being any different in the motor. The hp ratings are the same.:shrug:

Madmax
08-12-2014, 07:29 AM
I also had the chance to ride the new Valkyrie before I purchased my F6B ... The F6C is a great machine but like my vmax bike server no purpose . It's in many ways like the 2008 Suzuki B-King , I had one of those great naked bike with tons of power but never really took off with sales and only manufactued one year .
Not hating on the Valkyrie and if I was independently wealthy living off a trust fund I would have the blue one ... LOL

CheesyRider
08-12-2014, 09:06 AM
I saw one in blue for the first time yesterday. Photos don't do the color justice. The bike is stunning in person. The paint quality seemed very good and appeared to have plenty of clear coat.

I find it much more interesting and attractive than the F6B. But, it is unlikely I'll choose it over the F6B.

I will need two things to happen for me to seriously consider buying the Valkyrie over the F6B:

Madstad needs to come out with a shield similar to the one they have for the Yamaha FZ09 (http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.12041/.f) with the option to change quickly between a full windshield and a fly screen.

Easily removable locking hard saddlebags that don't leave ugly hardware behind when off the bike.

I like the idea of being able to quickly convert the bike to suit my mood. I'm not buying until next year, so I'll wait and see what the aftermarket comes up with. It seems like Honda isn't selling many of these. I'll be surprised if either item on my wishlist materializes.