PDA

View Full Version : My oil leak......................

F6B-RICH
08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
I was finally able to bring my 6 to the dealer to check the oil/something leaking on the left side and blowing on my side covers while riding.After them having it for a few days they called to say they found nothing :icon_doh: They wiped the area clean and rode it for 20 miles and found nothing leaking :icon_doh: They did say Honda sprays the motor with a anti-corrosive spray :shrug: and maybe thats what I am seeing.So I went to pick up my 6 and started talking with a few mechanics about all my mods and how much they loved the things I did to my 6 so I mentioned a few mods they did not notice or can not see and WHAM BAM we figured it out.I must have over sprayed my K & N air filter with the spray oil :icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh: I did the filter in the middle of Winter and while riding this year it would leak and some times not leak and I completely forgot I did it and never thought that it might be that.The mechanics said at the bottom of the air box there is a vent hole or something :shrug: and it must be coming out of there.I do have to give my dealer a BIG :yes: up for taking care of my bike and not parking it outside every day and getting shit on it.It was very clean when I dropped it off and it was very clean when I picked it up .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
08-04-2014, 12:23 PM
:icon_doh:

:spank: :spank: :spank:

:crackup:

:yes:

'riding'

ghostrider
08-04-2014, 12:50 PM
We knew there had to be some logical explanation for this strange thing you call an..... "oil leak".

XKnight
08-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Glad to hear it. Seems that most of the F6B issues mentioned on the forum are easily corrected and often not what they appear to be.

F6B-RICH
08-04-2014, 04:46 PM
If I remembered I did the K & N filter I probably would have figured reddish oil = the K&N filter oil.Well its a good heads up and do not use so much spray oil on the filter like I did .batman-smilie.