PDA

View Full Version : ED209 make a booboo, dropped fairing bolt into fairing

ED209
08-04-2014, 01:46 PM
ED209 make a booboo, dropped fairing bolt into fairing, cant find. :yikes: spent hours with magnet sticks and all. Found washer but no bolt. I just knew it would happen, darnit, left my magnet on the table and it happened. :icon_doh:

I dropped it on the right side opposite kickstand side. WILL THIS GET INTO RADIATOR ? gulp :icon_redface:

Fla_rider
08-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeaup, we all pretty much did that. I lost the mirror screw when I replaced the windscreen on week two. Never did find it.

hiflyer
08-04-2014, 01:51 PM
ED209 make a booboo, dropped fairing bolt into fairing, cant find. :yikes: spent hours with magnet sticks and all. Found washer but no bolt. I just knew it would happen, darnit, left my magnet on the table and it happened. :icon_doh:

I dropped it on the right side opposite kickstand side. WILL THIS GET INTO RADIATOR ? gulp :icon_redface:

You sir, are not the first to lose a bolt or nut into the abyss!!! My bike eats em for breakfast. I don't worry about it.

jkelley
08-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Don't beat yourself up too bad, I dropped one or two.

When I had the bike completely apart for cruise and paint, I found them all.:banghead:

ED209
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
ED209 drop other side too, but found it. ED209 not having good day :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MS4sLlBvbE

RcBtx1999
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Simply enough, which I never though of, but putting my Klockwerks windshield on I watched the video first. It says, stuff a rag under the mirror where you are removing bolts to keep from dropping the bolt into the cowling. I did, and I'm glad. Dropped one one each side to fall about a quarter of an inch into the rag.:stirthepot:

CheckpointChcky
08-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Yep, I managed the lose the left fairing bolt EVEN using the rag to block the loss.