PDA

View Full Version : Cagers

Memphian
06-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Had my second accident ever on a motorcycle yesterday. Cager changed three lanes of traffic to hit me and I thought the Deer were bad. I was not injured at all but my poor girlfriend took the cagers bumper to her leg and I'm more upset about that than anything.
The cager and I were traveling in the same direction on the same street, he was three lanes from me in the curb lane and I was traveling the inside lane. He deciced he needed to make a left turn (from the outside curb lane) so he did and we met in the way you don't want to meet other people on the road. His car clipped my girlfriends leg and the right rear bag. I was able to keep it up on the rubber side and pulled it over. It was a hard hit and the bike faired quite well. The F6B is a strong machine and I'm positive I would have gone down on a different bike.

Here is the damage.

Darkknight
06-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Was your girlfriend OK?

Memphian
06-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Was your girlfriend OK?

Yes!! but my Attorney advised me not to discuss it in details. Thanks for your concern it means alot.

MichaelG
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
I hope that your girlfriends' leg will be okay. I also hope the car driver was ticketed for improper lane change, reckless driving, and for being an idiot.

The bike can be fixed, but...that is also a psychological bummer. I notice you have the larger passenger floorboards on your bike. Nice touch.

I wish the best for your girlfriend.

TennX
06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Danny, sorry to hear this..hope you guys are ok.....

Darkknight
06-13-2013, 12:38 PM
I saw a bumpersticker that read:
"Don't Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly" .
Glad yours were nearby.:icon_biggrin:

F6BEE
06-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Had my second accident ever on a motorcycle yesterday. Cager changed three lanes of traffic to hit me and I thought the Deer were bad. I was not injured at all but my poor girlfriend took the cagers bumper to her leg and I'm more upset about that than anything.
The cager and I were traveling in the same direction on the same street, he was three lanes from me in the curb lane and I was traveling the inside lane. He deciced he needed to make a left turn (from the outside curb lane) so he did and we met in the way you don't want to meet other people on the road. His car clipped my girlfriends leg and the right rear bag. I was able to keep it up on the rubber side and pulled it over. It was a hard hit and the bike faired quite well. The F6B is a strong machine and I'm positive I would have gone down on a different bike.

Here is the damage.

WOW ! You're very fortunate that you did not lose the bike after a hit like that. I'm guessing that you saw him coming and not going to fast. Hopefully your GF is not banged up to bad.

Memphian
06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Danny, sorry to hear this..hope you guys are ok.....
Thanks Phil, The accident happened in the Precinct where I work so the Precinct Supervisor had to make the scene along with the Traffic Officers. The scrutiny they put us under while off duty is unreal.

Memphian
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
I hope that your girlfriends' leg will be okay. I also hope the car driver was ticketed for improper lane change, reckless driving, and for being an idiot.

The bike can be fixed, but...that is also a psychological bummer. I notice you have the larger passenger floorboards on your bike. Nice touch.

I wish the best for your girlfriend.

Thanks Miles, in my best southern voice "we gonna make it". The driver was issued a traffic citation. Luckly for us he has good insurance and my girlfriend loves the GL1800 floorboards.

MNF6B
06-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Glad that you and your GF are ok.
Got to keep our heads on a swivel. F*^king stupid drivers.

MYSTER REE
06-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Glad you and your girlfriend are doing okay.

Alberta Beagle
06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Sorry about the accident but glad to hear that everyone is going to be alright.
It really is amazing some of the stupid things cagers do that put others in danger. Drove past a guy on the freeway here the other day with a phone being held to his ear on one side, sandwich in the other hand and a newspaper draped over the steering wheel!!!:shock:
Dialed the police non emergency line from my Sena headset and provided his location to the police. Less than 5 minutes later he was being pulled over as I watched from about 6 car lengths behind him. Really don't know what he was thinking but he must be one busy guy!!!!

Beagle

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Ouch, wishing you both all the best. You need this t-shirt if you don't already have it....
http://www.aerostich.com/cars-suck-t-shirt.html

Frontier509
06-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Dammit man! These drivers are out of their minds lately.
Very sorry to hear your lady was injured but glad it wasn't worse.

TennX
06-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Ouch, wishing you both all the best. You need this t-shirt if you don't already have it....
http://www.aerostich.com/cars-suck-t-shirt.html

I like that shirt, may order one if the phrase is on the back also....:yes:

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-15-2013, 01:41 AM
if the phrase is on the back also

It's only on the front.

Steve 0080
06-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Sad to hear, hope all goes well...I have the same floor boards as well, helps my wife's knees...Why a attorney?

Memphian
06-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Sad to hear, hope all goes well...I have the same floor boards as well, helps my wife's knees...Why a attorney?
The attorney....kind of a cultural thing in this part of the US. There are so many people here that drive with out insurance. Plus I've been screwed in the past from the insurance not paying up. I wish it weren't that way but it is what it is.
I saw your post on the boards earlier and I thought I would try the GL1800 boards before spending big bucks on something else. She loves them and of course they fit perfect. Thanks for the idea by the way!!!