PDA

View Full Version : Windshield help

JackB
08-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm picking up my F6B. Tomorrow and I will need a taller shield. I have $1000 in Honda-line accessories. If I go with a Honda shield which one? I am 5'9" and I like the top of the WS to be at around eye level. They also have some there that fits a Goldwing That should fit a F6B right??
Which ones are you guys buying?

ED209
08-05-2014, 08:52 PM
You want the Honda F6B with vent 16.5" tall. You will love it. I have it but I prefer the chopped dark tint look better. Doesn't get that cold here in Flroida anyh

opas ride
08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Windshields seem to be an individual choice as many are discussed on this board...I personally use the adjustable Baggershield 11"-19" and it works great for me..I am 5'9" also and it fits great with no wind noise or turbulence that bothers me...Even better since I went with the lower Mustang seat.....

badpapi
08-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Windshields seem to be an individual choice as many are discussed on this board...I personally use the adjustable Baggershield 11"-19" and it works great for me..I am 5'9" also and it fits great with no wind noise or turbulence that bothers me...Even better since I went with the lower Mustang seat.....

+1 :lolup:

also using the baggershield with no problem im 6.1 and i dont have the need to use the top part yet .
most of my riding is inside roads and when i do highways the wind barely hit my face .

JackB
08-06-2014, 05:15 AM

You said no wind noise or turbulence is that with the shield at 11" or 19"?

jaygollner
08-06-2014, 06:00 AM
You want the Honda F6B with vent 16.5" tall. You will love it. I have it but I prefer the chopped dark tint look better. Doesn't get that cold here in Flroida anyh

I have the same one and it works fine for me + the vent lets a little air through while riding.

opas ride
08-06-2014, 10:01 AM
You said no wind noise or turbulence is that with the shield at 11" or 19"?

That is with the 19" full shield..Never taken the top piece off so I have no experience with just the tinted part only.....

SPGrenier
08-08-2014, 01:08 PM
I just installed the Clearview Sport Touring Medium in Lt Grey with the 5 position vent and it has a slight recurve. This would measure up to 16 inches from the dash.

I've never had a windshield so I didn't know what to expect. It's also hard for me to know if a change would be better or if this is as good as I should expect. So, this is what I do know after going out for a test drive on both local roads and at highway speeds.

For me, my biggest issue was wind churning into my eyes; behind my glasses. Prescription goggles were tried and not an option. I don't always want to ride with my helmet shield down either. Without a windshield, listening to music on the F6B was an issue beyond 40mph because of wind noise.

With this new shield, I can see over it without a problem I can now stop squinting from the wind in my face. The wind coming over the top of the windshield still hits me above the hairline which I'm ok with. You still get that open air ride feeling which I like. Without the wind in my eyes, I'm sure that the colder weather driving will be much more enjoyable.

I find that there is still a bit of wind noise. Not much, but it is there even if I tuck myself low and behind the windshield. When riding upright, in my natural seating position, I can hear the radio quite clearly (volume level 15 or 16) up to my tested 80 - 85 mph.

So, I'd have to say that I'm am quite happy with this choice of windshield.

For the record, I'm 6'0", 32 inch inseam and riding on the Ultimate King seats. The windshield hits me around the upper lip/nose.

JackB
08-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Nice report thanks.
I ordered the Bagger windshield from Show Chrome (Big Bike Parts)
I think that will work for me. I think it's 11' and 19" tall.

SPGrenier
08-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Nice report thanks.
I ordered the Bagger windshield from Show Chrome (Big Bike Parts)
I think that will work for me. I think it's 11' and 19" tall.

The only thing I need to check out at this point is riding in the rain. The F6B gives our lower body a great deal of protection from the rain. I'm hoping that this will help as well.