PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Height

TennX
06-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Was on the phone to the dealer and they have some taller shields with vents for the F6B, but the salesman didn't know the height...does anybody have one or know the height ...I was thinking since they have to put the bike together , might as well save myself some trouble and git er done before I pick up the bike....heck may take a cee bailey to em for install if the Honda is too tall...Im looking for 19"....many thanks

ghostrider
06-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Was on the phone to the dealer and they have some taller shields with vents for the F6B, but the salesman didn't know the height...does anybody have one or know the height ...I was thinking since they have to put the bike together , might as well save myself some trouble and git er done before I pick up the bike....heck may take a cee bailey to em for install if the Honda is too tall...Im looking for 19"....many thanks

Texas TC has one. And I believe it is 19".

Memphian
06-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Texas TC has one. And I believe it is 19".

:agree:

I think he has posted several times about his shield. He has a factory shield that was installed by his dealer when he picked it up. TC has nothing but good things to say about his shield.

bob109
06-13-2013, 05:01 PM
My Basic F6B had the short shield which I knew would be too low for my liking. Before taking delivery I had the dealer install the optional OEM Tall Shield with vent. The taller shield is 16.5" from the rubber molding edge to the top of the shield. I'm 6'2" and the shield works great:icon_wink:

TennX
06-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Many thanks for the replies.....I will give the OEM a shot....

edgeman55
06-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Baggershield has a 19" measured from the rubber trim to the top.You can get it vented or no vent.I have one and it fits great and for my 6"4" long torso I look just over the top.

timjoebob
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Baggershield has a 19" measured from the rubber trim to the top.You can get it vented or no vent.I have one and it fits great and for my 6"4" long torso I look just over the top.

They also have other sizes to suit your height and/or preferences.

Dmoon64
06-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Is there a noticeable difference with the vent open or closed?

redinoliver
05-03-2015, 09:48 PM
My Basic F6B had the short shield which I knew would be too low for my liking. Before taking delivery I had the dealer install the optional OEM Tall Shield with vent. The taller shield is 16.5" from the rubber molding edge to the top of the shield. I'm 6'2" and the shield works great:icon_wink:

Honda tall works even better with Baker hand wings.

bobbyf6b
05-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Is there a noticeable difference with the vent open or closed?

Yes. You get a nice flow of air on your chest with the vent wide open. I put my shield with a vent back on now that it's getting hot. I love the vent!

naga viper
05-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Just some info out of all the bikes I've had none are as easy for up grades. Roughly 10 minutes give or take.
Haven't done air filter yet waiting until I get cruise control.

Texas TC
05-05-2015, 07:36 PM
I used the OEM Honda shield for a couple of years. I helped a forum member install a F4 Customs shield on his bike and I really liked the quality and fact it could be cleaned with household chemicals. Wingstuff ran them on sale and I purchased an 18" smoked and vented shield which I really like.

jm21ddd15
05-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Got the 12" Baggershield, tinted. I prefer to have my line of sight just over the top of the windshield. Blows the bugs over my head and still gets wind into the top vent on my Shoei. Haven't had to clean bugs of my face shield anymore. I ride on the stock seat and am 5' 11". Seat and body height should be considered when making your choice.