PDA

View Full Version : New Lights Installed

Cool Hand Luke
06-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I returned from Americade. Me and my friends rode over 3,000 miles in 8 days, from South Carolina to Lake George NY and back, mostly on two lane country roads. We stopped at Frank Loyd Wright's Falling Waters House in PA, Niagara Falls in NY, and even rode in Vermont where we toured Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream Factory. Had some rain but F6B took it all instride. So, bike was phenomenal, not a single hiccup the whole trip, very comfortable with stock seat and Air Hawk cushion I had.

I have to say that I had so many great comments on the trip, more so with this bike than any other I owned before (probably 14). I saw a couple fellow F6B'ers at Americade, and they both wanted to know where I bought F6B t-shirt. I directed them to this forum and our moderator.

While there I installed some lights:

1. HID Low Beam Lights. They were $100 a piece and took the guy about 45 minutes to install them, ballasts and all. No disassembly of fairing was required! The difference is truly amazing! On picture below you can see the color of lights is bright, it makes the stock lights look yellow. Just huge difference.

2. Hyperlights LED's. These are the brightest I ever saw, and they also have a certain blinking pattern when brakes are applied. Makes the bike hugely more visible from behind, especially when braking. I forgot the cost but probably around $100 for both or less. They mount on a bracket behind the license plate.

3. Kuryakyn's LED spoiler in black. I saw these on Goldwings in chrome but didn't want chrome on F6B. Found these and had to have them. They were $118. Kuryakyn's website says it requires an adapter to plug it in but not yet available for sale for F6B, however as you can see I got them hard wired anyway. These lights also get brighter while braking, but hyperlights simply overpower them!

I also took all 'Honda' decals off and installed 'F6B' letters instead. On front fairing they are black chrome and on rear are chrome. I bought these from chromecarletters.com if anyone's interested, front are over an inch high for Mercedes-Benz while rear chrome ones are 3/4" ones.

BubbaJePH
06-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Those lights look great. Cannot be seen enough.

F6B-RICH
06-13-2013, 09:44 PM
All those mods look good :thumb: What company makes the Hyperlights LEDS for the rear license plate ?

Cool Hand Luke
06-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Check out www.Hyperlites.com

Phantom
06-13-2013, 11:44 PM
I have to say that I had so many great comments on the trip, more so with this bike than any other I owned before (probably 14). I saw a couple fellow F6B'ers at Americade, and they both wanted to know where I bought F6B t-shirt. I directed them to this forum and our moderator.

:Saweeet smilie: :bowdown: many Thanks

MercuryF1
06-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Check out www.Hyperlites.com

The 3Way kit kit total tail light solution looks interesting too. Wonder if it will work well with the F6b....

ghostrider
06-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Love the hyperlites!!! And the licence plate frame is cool too! :icon_biggrin:

MNF6B
06-14-2013, 09:06 AM
:Saweeet smilie:

Your bike is looking awesome! I am looking to do the Kury tail light and side case lights. Just waiting on the wire harness.