PDA

View Full Version : new w/s/etc

olds34dude
08-10-2014, 08:40 PM
...just wanted to let all interested know that I now have my grand worth of "free" stuff installed (for free). The Honda vented windshield works great for me at about six foot two I look over the top, vent air hits me in the chest and Mrs. Dude is happy too as the air passes around nicely, or so she says. The driving lights seem like a good safety feature as opposed to pissing off others with the super bright high beams and the luggage rack is actually larger than we had expected, postponing my plan to make an addition to it from some 1/4" aluminum that I have. Even a better ride than before!
Has anyone looked at the mufflers to see if the are any baffles or ? that can be cut or drilled out' I love that silent 6 but could stand just a bit of tone.
Happy riding, D

Jimmytee
08-10-2014, 08:52 PM
...just wanted to let all interested know that I now have my grand worth of "free" stuff installed (for free). The Honda vented windshield works great for me at about six foot two I look over the top, vent air hits me in the chest and Mrs. Dude is happy too as the air passes around nicely, or so she says. The driving lights seem like a good safety feature as opposed to pissing off others with the super bright high beams and the luggage rack is actually larger than we had expected, postponing my plan to make an addition to it from some 1/4" aluminum that I have. Even a better ride than before!
Has anyone looked at the mufflers to see if the are any baffles or ? that can be cut or drilled out' I love that silent 6 but could stand just a bit of tone.
Happy riding, D

Just an opinion, but I'd leave the stock exhaust alone. You could end up with an annoying drone that once drilled, well you know. On the other hand, save for some aftermarket exthaust. At the least, if you don't like them, you can always go back to stock and sell them. If you drill, well you know.:icon_mrgreen: