PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm done...

Darkknight
08-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Well I never thought I'd say it but I really don't think there is another accessory that I'm dying to put on my F6B.

I've melted the numbers off of 2 Visa cards and if I was married I would probably be divorce over my accessory "impulse" buying. I've even thought of starting a 12 step program for Accessory Addicts. Accessories Anonymous:shhh:

But here are my questions... Are you Done? Do you have your bike the way you want it? What Now? Do I get a new project and start over?:shrug:

Maybe after I see the other bikes at Franklin I'll be refreshed with new accessory ideas.:clap2:

shooter
08-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Just getting started DK. Unfortunately I like chrome and this bike doesn't have much. I add a piece or two a month taste fully until the "look" is just right for me.

GiddyupF6B
08-13-2014, 07:37 AM
I've put about $8,000 in my bike over the year and I will probably never be done. I have a few things to do over the next few months then it gets serious over the winter! :shock:

Scotrod
08-13-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm runnin outta stuff to put on,,,

I'm not much for ornament's, so that eliminates about 3/4 of the GL accessory's,,,,

I prefer 'clean' vs clutter, so tacking on a buncha stuff in the drivers area isn't going to happen,,,

I hear ya on the 'next project' thoughts, but silly to sell if that's the only reason.,,,

I'm down to adding stuff that's 'in the hundreds' that I really do not have to have,,, I recently added a Honda Passenger backrest that will probably only be used 2-3 times,,, Thinkin about heated grips (and I live in HOUSTON!!!)

Pipes? Eh, Runnin OEM and have no complaints, so :shrug:

Added J + M speakers,,, (Not stellar, but a noticeable improvement)

Ya know,,, it's REALLY getting bad,,,, Drivin me absolutely bonkers, this 'need to mod / need to experiment',,,

So FRICKIN bad,,, I almost,,, ALMOST thought about slippin on a CT! :yikes: :spank:

opas ride
08-13-2014, 08:42 AM
I am done, done, done,!!!..Famous last words for most of us including me, but at 74 and not riding as much I used to and tired of "pissing money down a rat hole" on bikes...I have no plans to add anything else to mine...Got Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, Kury grips, chrome side stand, Kury chrome cubby, and ignition switch cover and now I am good to go.....Yeh right.....Ride safe....

michaels
08-13-2014, 08:55 AM
The bike is stock and will stay stock....love the way the bike looks...im only 5'6 so windsheild is great ...seat works great on my day off i ride between 400-600 miles ...longest being 978 miles....Love this bike the way its setup out of the box!:icon_lol:

bob109
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
During my first three months of ownership I managed to work the Credit Card petty good. I penned the following post which describes my mods.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?566-Three-Months-Into-The-F6B

I managed to keep things in perspective by "home brewing" several items, all of which have worked well and added comfort and functionality to my 6.

Other than the original mods, I just replaced my OEM front tire with a Bidgestone Battlax which makes me a "Double Dark Sider".

The days of swapping out OEM exhaust systems are gone, along with adding "bling/chrome":stirthepot:. The only other mod I may do will be the addition of a "Gel Pad Insert" for my OEM seat. That will be a "Do It Yourself Project" keeping costs to a minimum.

Just had a gent comment that my 6 looked like a "Work of Art" which reminded me on how well a job Mother Honda did in designing this bike. The clean lines of a OEM 6 are rather hard to improve on. IMHO "comfort items" should be the first priority for the 6.

motozeke
08-13-2014, 09:25 AM
I suppose at some point I'm going to upgrade the suspension and the seat, but I'm not in any hurry to do either. I'm headed out at the end of the month for my annual "long" trip (about 10 days, whereas my usual trips are 3-4 days weekenders) so we'll see if my priorities change after that. If I get to the end of that trip and don't feel any different then I'm probably done. After over 10K miles I'm as satisfied as I've ever been with a bike and all the basics (windshield, belly pan, Superbrace, heated gear cable, power to the bars, radar detector, luggage rack) have long since been done. Yeah, I'm pretty content and focused on adding miles--the ultimate upgrade for any bike. :icon_cool:

F6Pilot
08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm down to only a couple of items in the queue as well. My list to date includes Baggershield, Mustang seat, Bassani pipes, Kury steering brace, ISO grips, and cubby, Honda passenger backrest, fogs, and rack, Rivco pegs, and a Garmin Nuvi. At present the only pieces left for me are HIDs and maybe a recurve shield. Other than those, well I'm sure someone will come out with something else in the future. Until then, Ill just ride.

RcBtx1999
08-13-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm really satisfied with mine and have not gone to the extremes I did on my HD's. All I have added is a windshield, Ergo hwy pegs, the cup caddy, mini floor boards, now I want a Mustang seat, and I'll be done, with maybe the exception of torq loops, but I'm going to have to get more informed before I do that. I've got a Deluxe passenger seat backrest I am willing to sell.:stirthepot:

CheckpointChcky
08-13-2014, 11:52 AM
I don't have any money left so I am soooooooo done.

Retired Army
08-13-2014, 12:05 PM
7575 Until this level is reached you are far from finished.

XKnight
08-13-2014, 04:45 PM
I mostly done. I spent about $1000 for accessories and that includes a Mustang seat which accounts for more than half of my costs. Might add a few little things here and there, but the bike is just about perfect now. I will be installing the handlebar risers and highway pegs this weekend and that should do it for awhile. Most Harley's I've owned in the past where a never ending cash hole of accessories and performance parts. Glad I didn't have to spend thousands on performance parts for the F6B like on the Harley's.

zekepa
08-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Absolutely I'm done.

For the near future anyways. :shhh:

Have a birthday in October and Christmas is coming. I have a feeling I'm going to get bike parts for those two occasions. Not a definete yet but looking at Super brace, belly pan, and a different windshield. I've had a Clearview shield all ready to buy and changed my mind till I can figure out if I want the small or medium.

Steve 0080
08-13-2014, 06:55 PM
I am to the point that I would have to take something off to put something else on..... but if anything new comes out I would have to look at it!!!

Watchdog
08-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Going to enjoy riding it for now. During the winter going to do some paint. Color match the mirrors and some of the dash pieces.

srt8-in-largo
08-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Chrome head covers will be my final touch. Where can I get some? :icon_biggrin:

RcBtx1999
08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm really satisfied with mine and have not gone to the extremes I did on my HD's. All I have added is a windshield, Ergo hwy pegs, the cup caddy, mini floor boards, now I want a Mustang seat, and I'll be done, with maybe the exception of torq loops, but I'm going to have to get more informed before I do that. I've got a Deluxe passenger seat backrest I am willing to sell.:stirthepot:

I ordered the Mustang tuck and roll seat today on Value accessories off this Forum, saved 60 bucks and got free shipping. Now I am truly done until I get it paid off which will be about 18 months, then I will paint it some crazy saran wrap textured pearl smoke or something like that. I've got two trips planned in the next few months and look forward to long confortable days in the saddle. I've always been a Corbin fan, but they were just too high finance for me this time and everyone here seems to love the mustang seat, plus as a solo rider, I love the lines of the seat in combo with the bike itself.

Brian D
08-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Just ordered the ultimate king seat with backrest today and can't wait till it arrives. Prob gonna do the heli bars over winter. I'm not sure those spacer things are gonna give me enough room. Really having a hard time with being 6ft3 and those bars being so damn close. Almost dumped the bike a few times in a parking lot cause those damn bars are way to close Def gotta get some hi way pegs next. Just not sure if I want kurys or rivcos. Exhaust-nope not going there. Kinda liking the quit. Got the tall honda windshield and may go a little bit higher. Honda led driving lights. I wish honda made LEDs for the low and hi beam cause they would be on my list. Ohh crap I almost forgot speakers. Not gonna really do much more. I'm kinda going for comfort over looks. I'm gonna try my hardest to keep this bike 10+years so comfort is a must

Racer X
08-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Oh please don't get me started... Front fender signals... Fork brace.. Lunasee lite kit...RGB LED lite kit...HID's... hI intensity yellows for the Highbeam.. Throttle Meister cruise control.. clearview 14 inch windscreen.. Mustang custom seat.. With red stitching... Fender extension.. Foam grips for my long fingers..Cobra 6-2-6 pipes.. Blackout treatment on the front nose fender and tail..v shaped.. Stealth hiway pegs that connect directly to the engine.. Rear license plate bracket with LEDs... And the full rear and saddlebag LED light kit by Kuryakin... When I get some time I will post some quality pictures of all of it...all in black trim on a red F6B deluxe..with the Muth Blue mirrors with red signals...and clear front turn signals with Amber bulbs...looks killer...Bike Life Baby...:icon_biggrin: ..oh..and I blow by 109's like they're parked...especially in the twisties!!! The guys that thought the F6B was an old man's bike...well... Let's just say they won't say that to me again!!! :yikes::shrug:

MinnetonkaMike
08-16-2014, 03:50 PM
When I bought my bike it already had the fog light kit, chrome front fender extension, and a CB dark screen. I've since swapped out the windshield for the clear Honda tall w/vent and I've added the passenger backrest riser and the Rivco flip out pegs. I want to keep the bike as close to stock as possible so I probably won't be adding anything more than that.

Darkknight
08-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Yeah OK, I probably just had a weak moment.:banghead:
I'm going to order the switchback front signal lights and flasher. Will probably slap on a fork brace and then there is the audio upgrade... What was I thinking?:icon_doh:

XKnight
08-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Yeah OK, I probably just had a weak moment.:banghead:
I'm going to order the switchback front signal lights and flasher. Will probably slap on a fork brace and then there is the audio upgrade... What was I thinking?:icon_doh:

Well, you made it an entire 3 days without any new accessories. :lolup: Good job!:clap2:

Darkknight
08-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Yep, looks like a Bushtec trailer hitch tomorrow morning... What are the chances I can only buy that and NOT come home with a black Bushtec trailer.:nono:
Now if I was the sales person, I'd say we need to give this hitch a "functional check" and hook a new trailer to it. Just to show me that it works, of course.:shock:
I think I already smell the burning plastic of a VISA card...:shhh:

DMAGOLDRDR
08-22-2014, 01:57 PM
I am getting close to done (and I will keep telling myself that until I am out of money) but just not there yet.

Fog Lights
Center Stand
Luggage Rack
Passenger Backrest
Handlebar Risers
Accy Socket
Windshield----- but will be changed again very soon
Go Cruise throttle Lock
Utopia Backrest
Kury rear fender LED Lights
Hyperlites LED Brake lights
Kury Ergo Pegs (Black)
RAM Mounts for GPS
Keys mounted to Knobs for Cubby and Saddlebag Lock

----------Still need to do------------

Trailer Hitch... I have a trailer and never use it anymore but what if???
Better Seat
Wider Windshield
More Rear Lights
Change Drivers Pegs

Darkknight
08-22-2014, 02:19 PM
I am getting close to done (and I will keep telling myself that until I am out of money) but just not there yet.

Fog Lights
Center Stand
Luggage Rack
Passenger Backrest
Handlebar Risers
Accy Socket
Windshield----- but will be changed again very soon
Go Cruise throttle Lock
Utopia Backrest
Kury rear fender LED Lights
Hyperlites LED Brake lights
Kury Ergo Pegs (Black)
RAM Mounts for GPS
Keys mounted to Knobs for Cubby and Saddlebag Lock

----------Still need to do------------

Trailer Hitch... I have a trailer and never use it anymore but what if???
Better Seat
Wider Windshield
More Rear Lights
Change Drivers Pegs

The trailer isn't black is it?? So you don't use it huh? Hmmmmm
Danbury~Enfield, Hmmmm not too far.

Texas TC
08-22-2014, 02:36 PM
I hope I am done. My list includes:

OEM Tall windshield
Battery tender wiring
OEM luggage rack
Soft grips
Go Cruise throttle lock(2 versions)
RAM GPS, phone, and drink mounts and holders
Kury console drink holder painted black
Kury mini floorboards
Smoked turn signals
Chrome license plate frame
Black inspection sticker plate
EC turn signal conversion kit
EC cowel lights
Red rear turn signal bulbs
Black SuperBrace
Show Chrome belly pan
12v outlet
Torq Master King Snake mufflers
Kury Ergo II highway pegs black with mini arms
Radio knobs on keys for gas tank, glove box and saddlebags
EC Honda volt meter
Mustang seat
T Bag Laconia travel bag
Baker Built hand air wings

My next project is changing air filter to K&N. Also, time to change the spark plugs. With 22000 miles, it is time to dive deep into the bike to complete these maintenance requirements. I have already replaced front and rear tires.

DMAGOLDRDR
08-22-2014, 04:26 PM
The trailer isn't black is it?? So you don't use it huh? Hmmmmm
Danbury~Enfield, Hmmmm not too far.

It is Black but it isn't a Bushtec. I built it for my Valk and only used it 3 or 4 times. And it isn't the cost of a Bushtec either.
If your interested I will let it go for $300

shooter
08-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Dark night was "DONE" for a whole week. Man you are sick! I can't believe you only lasted a week! Actually I don't think I can go that long.

Darkknight
08-23-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm sick... and I need a 12 step program for accessory addicts!
If anyone is interested I'll start meetings in Franklin at the Rally. :pop:
There probably won't be any accessories there to tempt me..
:lolup:
Here are today's accessories:
A Bushtec hitch and a little used black trailer. Now sweetie can shop when we go on vacation! LOL!!!

Random Factor
08-30-2014, 10:44 PM
It is called Merchandise Acquisition Disorder. I myself am working through a really bad case of it.
There is no cure. You just have to let it run its course and hope your financial reality can cope and eventually recover.
The F6B variant can produce one or more of the following symptoms:

Heli-bar$ (worth it!!!!!)
Fork Brace
CB Bailey Windshield
Honda Tall Windshield (Honda $1000)
LED Foglights (Honda $1000)
Luggage Rack (Honda $1000)
12 V Acc Outlet (Honda $1000)
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs (not installed yet)
Mustang Seat ordered but not shipped.

On the list for the future are a Belly Pan for sure and maybe some after-market exhaust next year after I get to hear some at next year's rally.

It's madness I tell ya! But it sure is fun...

Peace ya'll!