PDA

View Full Version : New Garage Door Opener

decubitus
08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Just installed a garage door opener. Got a $17, two button opener from Amazon. De-soldered the buttons and soldered wires into the holes. Put the opener in the space under the Goldwing label and ran the wires forward and up the bars. Installed a Harley-Davidson odometer reset switch into lower right control section. Works great. Of course, mine is nowhere near as good as what is arguably the best garage door opener ever...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQpBUQ-ZSKw

Ixol Phaane
08-13-2014, 09:40 AM
I have three of those automatic openers around the house here somewhere.
I didn't know that's what they were for.

I don't really need the extras, so the first two offers gets 'em! Cheap!:icon_biggrin:

Darkknight
08-13-2014, 06:59 PM
:yes::icon_redface:

shooter
08-14-2014, 12:00 AM
That Harley button is gonna slow you down. If you're already on a "slow red" bike its gonna be even worse. You have to think these things out. Don't just jump in there.

Jimmytee
08-14-2014, 05:17 AM
That Harley button is gonna slow you down. If you're already on a "slow red" bike its gonna be even worse. You have to think these things out. Don't just jump in there.

No, no,no,no... that Harley button just gives you guys on the black ones a fighting chance to keep up.:stirthepot::icon_cool:

decubitus
08-14-2014, 08:38 AM
That Harley button comes with a leather vest and bandana. I was thinking about the cool factor.

shooter
08-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Yeah but you have to have at least 3 "tats" to push it.

fxdl2051
08-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Why not run it into the four way flasher button? Personally, I want the horn actuated version from the UK, what's shipping on a 105 lbs from London to Seattle run?