PDA

View Full Version : thanks forum members for tips on Mustang seat install

sshake1905
08-13-2014, 04:55 PM
must thank all who posted several "try this" post to make Mustang tripper FB seat a fairly pleasant experience.notworthy.:icon_biggrin:

got it on during second try.....used the 3 phillips screw driver approach...did the left side first and used a little flat screw driver to push and pop saddlebag lock posts into the handrails..:yes:

used a little shot of WD40 on each of the OEM side seat bolts as I went....left all 3 drivers in as I work around seat....last one was off a little, but I feel very fortunate compared to some of the posts I rear ahead of time.....:yikes:

Did not push front of the Mustang seat all way forward....just enough for seat lip to catch cross member on frame up front...then let the insertion of phillip drivers move seat for or aft.....:icon_lol:

First time failed because I didn't get front of seat hooked under cross member:banghead:...lucky to find out before all bolted down...the force must have been with me !.batman-smilie.

hope this might help others in future installs of new Mustang seat....:039:.

I love it...1 to 2 inches lower, feet both flat on the ground...stopping and starting much more comfortable...lower back support is better, but maybe an inch back from bars versus stock seat...but very little change....Shaker:clap2:

Steve 0080
08-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Great news!!! The board works again!!!

opas ride
08-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Good news and mine was also a royal"PITA" to install, but finally got the dealer tech to put the thing on and it fits me great...Like the lower seating position, but have not noticed distance any further back...Feels about the same to me....Ride safe...

sshake1905
08-14-2014, 12:02 AM
got the Cobra 6-2-6 mufflers about 4 pm today.....was going to wait until tomorrow AM, but couldn't do.:clap2:...drop off the left stock pipe tonight....piece of cake..:yikes:..took more time to pry the exhaust gasket out of stock flange than it did to drop the muffler...

Bike only has 175 miles total on it and gasket were not even toasted yet...but snug in place.
New left Cobra pipe went on pretty easy.....with my wife holding weight up at pipe end and using a flashlight to line up those 2 little rubber maggots lined up with chrome heat shield..:no:..but we "got er done":clap2:...the other side can wait to AM....

They do look good, specially from the rear end....can wait to get the right side on and fire it up tomorrow.....:icon_lol:

Thanks again to all and many on this forum who have donated time and photos to help make "the F6B World" a better place to be...notworthy...I do appreciate the wisdom of those who have gone before...:yes:
Thanks again.....Shaker :039:

srt8-in-largo
08-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Pics!

Sounds like a winner.

kjelders
08-14-2014, 09:44 AM
got the Cobra 6-2-6 mufflers about 4 pm today.....was going to wait until tomorrow AM, but couldn't do.:clap2:...drop off the left stock pipe tonight....piece of cake..:yikes:..took more time to pry the exhaust gasket out of stock flange than it did to drop the muffler...

Bike only has 175 miles total on it and gasket were not even toasted yet...but snug in place.
New left Cobra pipe went on pretty easy.....with my wife holding weight up at pipe end and using a flashlight to line up those 2 little rubber maggots lined up with chrome heat shield..:no:..but we "got er done":clap2:...the other side can wait to AM....

They do look good, specially from the rear end....can wait to get the right side on and fire it up tomorrow.....:icon_lol:

Thanks again to all and many on this forum who have donated time and photos to help make "the F6B World" a better place to be...notworthy...I do appreciate the wisdom of those who have gone before...:yes:
Thanks again.....Shaker :039:

You will like the Cobra's 6-2-6. I first installed them without any baffles. WHOA! Way too loud. And that was coming from my Harley with a stage one. I ended up putting 2 baffles in each side leaving the "longest" pipes without baffles. Sound is perfect for me.

Primo
09-08-2014, 05:08 PM
After installing/wrestling mine on the other night I wish I had read all the tricks first.

In my case the two front screw mounts on the bike's frame were stripped out. Had to make a late night run for a 8mm x 1.25 tap.

Now I see why Wingstuff sells that set of tapered tip seat screws.

Enjoy the ride and seat sshake1905. The Mustang seat is really nice once you get past the PITA installation.