PDA

View Full Version : Spacely Sprockets

Injun Joe
08-13-2014, 06:30 PM
So now I'm getting excited to take possession of my F6B! Not really thinking about big mods right now though. I happen to like how it looks right from Honda. Like they employ professional designers or something, right?

But I really would like to get rid of the George Jetson burbling sound. Mind you, I don't particularly need volume or macho rumble -- just no burbling and of course, no drone. Has anyone come up with anything? Mod or product -- either one.

PS. I think those designers might have taken the day off when the new Valkyrie was on the drawing board, but that's just me.

powercruzer13
08-13-2014, 06:54 PM
I've always been a Cogswell Cogs man myself! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Just call it what one of my Harley buds called my Rocket III with it's stock exhaust.... The silent Harley assassin. :yes:.batman-smilie.:shock:

BIGLRY
08-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Well, not that anyone gives a hoot about what I think, I'll throw my;2cents2; into this thread.
:shhh:I kind of like the stealth & silence of the F6B due to the fact I ride way to fast and I have found after over 64 years on the front or back of motorcycles... it is the FAST & LOUD bikes that draw the :cop2:
while Fast is still in my repertoire, I gave up loud some time ago to save. :money1::icon_lol:

NCF6B
08-13-2014, 07:17 PM
You may want to consider Rush pipes with extensions and 2.0 baffles. Have heard them and they are a nice sound closer to "Porsche" rumble than loud noise. They also have 2.25 and 2.50 baffles if you like louder rumble. Check with Rick from Value Accessories, site sponsors. They carry them and he has them on his F6B. He can tell you a lot about them. Also, Rush folks are great to talk with if you have tech questions.

smokinjoe187
08-13-2014, 07:36 PM
So now I'm getting excited to take possession of my F6B! Not really thinking about big mods right now though. I happen to like how it looks right from Honda. Like they employ professional designers or something, right?

But I really would like to get rid of the George Jetson burbling sound. Mind you, I don't particularly need volume or macho rumble -- just no burbling and of course, no drone. Has anyone come up with anything? Mod or product -- either one.

PS. I think those designers might have taken the day off when the new Valkyrie was on the drawing board, but that's just me.

i still have set of monster ovals for the f6b.....
600 and you pay shipping
great sound great price,and low use

Injun Joe
08-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Guys, listen to this video of the Monster Ovals: http://youtu.be/kpjv2e-KyNI

It makes me realize I'm not talking about exhaust sound -- at least not mostly. It's that high pitched whine that is very prominent on my iPad. What the h*ll is that anyway? I'm guessing it's something I'll just have to get used to, huh?

Lry, I wasn't looking for louder. I don't even want to transition from the stock pipes look -- at least not for now. It's that really high pitched thing. Almost sounds like the birds I'm hearing sitting here in the backyard.

Injun Joe
08-13-2014, 08:01 PM
i still have set of monster ovals for the f6b.....
600 and you pay shipping
great sound great price,and low use

Thanks Joe, I'll keep it in mind. But as I say, I'm not looking to move away from the stock pipes -- at least not yet.

Big Jay
08-13-2014, 08:12 PM
That whine noise is. something you will have to get used to it's a normal engine noise, though it's hardly noticeable when riding. Enjoy the new ride . :yes:

Injun Joe
08-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks Jay. I'll get there. There are worse things. But what is it -- anyone know? I'm just curious. I'm just glad I didn't buy pipes hoping to cure it.

bigbird
08-13-2014, 09:49 PM
I really like the high pitched whine from the engine/transmission. It's likely the gears in the trans and the whirring of the cam drive that make it almost sound like turbo whistle.

Philcole
08-13-2014, 10:54 PM
I am with BIGLRY. I am appreciating the quieter sounds of the stock pipes. I had a fairly loud Mean Streak prior and while I enjoyed the sound, I am enjoy the quiet too. DOn't rush to change it until you have ridden it. By that I mean long distances as well as short day rides. Give it time.

motoman
08-13-2014, 11:26 PM
So now I'm getting excited to take possession of my F6B! Not really thinking about big mods right now though.

Hurry! It's not too late to get that Indian! :jerkit:

Injun Joe
08-13-2014, 11:34 PM
I really like the high pitched whine from the engine/transmission. It's likely the gears in the trans and the whirring of the cam drive that make it almost sound like turbo whistle.

I thought that too. It would be cool if it had a little bit more wheeze to totally sound like a turbo.

Injun Joe
08-13-2014, 11:36 PM

God, if you could only read with comprehension, you might actually be able to come up with something funny.

Phantom
08-13-2014, 11:39 PM

funnypost.

:nutkick:

:icon_laugh:

:crackup:

:winnergold1:

.nothing.to.sdd.

I'll take proven RELIABILITY , LONGEVITY and PERFORMANCE any day over worrying about the sound.

300,000 - 500,000 miles of smiles out weigh any sound concern for me. BUY the F6B …. you will not regret it.

Let's ride 'riding'

srt8-in-largo
08-14-2014, 12:29 AM
Ride the stock exhaust for a while; I think you'll appreciate its' subtleness. It's not exactly stone quiet.

I saw a video disassembly of the Vance & Hines exhaust... it was mind numbingly complex and restrictive.

smokinjoe187
08-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Guys, listen to this video of the Monster Ovals: http://youtu.be/kpjv2e-KyNI

It makes me realize I'm not talking about exhaust sound -- at least not mostly. It's that high pitched whine that is very prominent on my iPad. What the h*ll is that anyway? I'm guessing it's something I'll just have to get used to, huh?

Lry, I wasn't looking for louder. I don't even want to transition from the stock pipes look -- at least not for now. It's that really high pitched thing. Almost sounds like the birds I'm hearing sitting here in the backyard.

the video is deceiving,to be honest you barley notice they are there,good little rumble when you accelerate but at cruise nothing,my wife complained because it wakes the dogs when i come home and they wake her up(i work nights)

motoman
08-14-2014, 01:21 PM
God, if you could only read with comprehension, you might actually be able to come up with something funny.

What is it exactly you don't think I comprehend? Because I think myself and others have a pretty good idea about who you are already.... :moon:

Have fun with that F6B sidecar! :lolup:

tozco
08-16-2014, 12:12 AM
The noise is primary gear whine.

fxdl2051
08-16-2014, 10:00 PM
I Like the stock pipes, they have a nice burble, like a barrel of Codfish, signing to themselves. Of course it could also be the tinnitus talking, because my hearing has been all but destroyed by the performance exhaust I used to run on the Harley.

srt8-in-largo
08-16-2014, 10:15 PM
:shock:

Watchdog
08-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Turn up the volume on your favorite song, no more engine noise. That's what I do.

XKnight
08-17-2014, 04:22 PM

No burbling sound or drone with the stock F6B exhaust. It's very quiet which is what I prefer these days after many years of destroying my ears and now having to endure tinnitus.

2bikemike
08-17-2014, 05:25 PM
After the loud pipes for the last 4 years I really enjoy the tunes. If I want loud I still have the 109 with freedoms to rattle the neighbors