PDA

View Full Version : F6B in Advance, NC

Deer Slayer
08-13-2014, 08:54 PM
I ponder, who was the Red F6B, Traveling north on NC 801 around 16:00, 13 August. Red one with two up and a wave to me on my lawn mower. :cheers:

srt8-in-largo
08-14-2014, 12:41 AM
I have yet to see another F6 on the road...

Deer Slayer
08-14-2014, 10:48 AM
I have yet to see another F6 on the road...

This is Blue Ridge Parkway country, we see a few more because of the parkway. :cheers:

Random Factor
08-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Greetings! I'm in Walkertown. Just traded my 2010 VFR1200 in on a 2013 Red F6B. I'm a big Blue Ridge Parkway fan myself.

Deer Slayer
08-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Greetings! I'm in Walkertown. Just traded my 2010 VFR1200 in on a 2013 Red F6B. I'm a big Blue Ridge Parkway fan myself.

'welcome gang' welcome from way over here in Advance. We also have Hornblower with a slow black one in Clemmons. Call sometime 909 0958..:cheers:

Hornblower
08-17-2014, 11:53 AM

.welcome20. RF! Good to see another "6" in the W-S area :clap2: Enjoy your new bike and this forum. Deer Slayer and I will look forward to catching up with you soon.

If you're not aware, we're having a big F6B rally in Franklin, NC at the end of this month. There is an entire thread dedicated to it so definitely, check it out. That would be an awesome way to meet other F6B riders and learn a lot about your new bike :yes:.

Steve 0080
08-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Give it a couple of weeks and there will be quite a few lurking in your area !!!!!! :clap2:

Random Factor
08-17-2014, 01:37 PM
If you're not aware, we're having a big F6B rally in Franklin, NC at the end of this month. There is an entire thread dedicated to it so definitely, check it out. That would be an awesome way to meet other F6B riders and learn a lot about your new bike :yes:.

Thanks all!

I saw that. Sounds like a blast but I'm afraid I'll have to miss it. I have prior commitments. I'll look forward to next year's though.

So have only put about 150 miles on it but taller windshield, heli-bars, and fork-brace are on the way. I like my ride to be firm and nimble. I've never had a bike that I didn't have to mod a little bit to make it my own so other than the outrageous $$$, it's not a big deal. I think when I get the ergonomics and more solid handling dialed in, it will be a sweet bike.

It is a BIG bike. Can't throw this girl into and around the twisty roads like the VFR1200. That is a good thing and one of the main reasons I traded up. This F6B is comfortable and relaxed where the VFR1200 made you feel like you wanted to attack something, and could.

Thanks again for the welcome. Glad to see some others in the area that share my enjoyment of exotic, highly functional moving artwork.

Hornblower
08-17-2014, 02:26 PM
So have only put about 150 miles on it but taller windshield, heli-bars, and fork-brace are on the way. I like my ride to be firm and nimble. I've never had a bike that I didn't have to mod a little bit to make it my own so other than the outrageous $$$, it's not a big deal. I think when I get the ergonomics and more solid handling dialed in, it will be a sweet bike.

These initial mods show your experience and that you know what's really important :icon_biggrin:. I've done those same mods and quite a few others. PM me if you want more info on that. Bill (DeerSlayer) and I have also gone Darkside, perhaps somewhat more controversial but we like it a lot and wouldn't have it any other way :yes:.

Random Factor
08-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Thank you sir!

Heli-Bars arrived today. This is an impressive device. Going to install them this weekend. The instructions are pretty straight forward, but I will keep your offer in mind if we get stuck.

I'd say wish me luck but ideally luck should not be a factor, should it? :icon_biggrin: