PDA

View Full Version : Chalk up Another Hardly Driveable Convert!

Dior55
08-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Started shopping around for an FB6 after spending some time with my buddy at the Americade (we now live in different states) who had bought his FB6 in the Spring. I was very impressed, and since then my 7 year old Road King just started feeling older and older on me. Near me the best I could manage from two different dealers was $10K plus my bike on trade with a clear title. I did a bit more searching on the internet, made a few calls, and for a 100 mile trip from home my deal ended up being $7K plus my bike, plus the $1000 accessory bonus, extra warranty bonus, and 1.99% finance on the $7K. Plus the dealer is going to deliver my new bike to my door and pick up the trade next week once the do-dads are added.

I'm from NY near the CT border, so it's not often you get see deals like what is reported from the mid-west, etc. I'm very happy with this deal, and more importantly, getting my old a$$ on a brand new FB6!!!

Harleys have that amazing loyal following but I've never drunk the kool-aid or even remotely dressed like a pirate. As others have said, they are more of a nostalgia thing - expensive, and without any real technology advancements - all sizzle but no steak!!! I believe the FB6 gives both the sizzle AND the steak!!

Brian D
08-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Good choise!!! I myself came from a harley. Only thing I miss is the sound and that's cause I do believe harley has a good sound. You will see this bike is so much smoother and you can ride for hours and feel just as good as when you got on it. Enjoy your new ride when it arrives

Steve 0080
08-14-2014, 09:10 PM
+1....

naga viper
08-15-2014, 03:16 AM
Congratulations on a deal glad to hear they didn' dry up.
down side is resale or trade in values of the f6b will be down the tubes.
anyhow welcome to the metric side.

shooter
08-15-2014, 06:48 AM
You'll be amazed at the power and smoothness of this bike. Along with how light it feels. Welcome.

JackB
08-15-2014, 07:07 AM

When I buy a bike I'm not worried about the resale values. My last bike I drove for 14 years.
This bike will be mine me a long time.
Right now the blue book retail value is at the same price as what I paid new.

mikey
08-15-2014, 12:25 PM
another motorcyclist who wants to RIDE, & not pose! congrats!:yes:

Scotrod
08-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Welcome!

After some miles, tell us/prospective others what you noticed as the most different between the 2 rides.

Fla_rider
08-15-2014, 07:52 PM
'welcome gang' from Sunny South Florida!:th_sunbathe:

:postpics:

Fla_rider
08-15-2014, 07:54 PM
You'll be amazed at the power and smoothness of this bike. Along with how light it feels. Welcome.

Actually Shooter it gets smoother after the first oil change with Rotella T6!:biggthumpup:

RcBtx1999
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM

You know, I don't agree, I think the F6B will be a resale bonanza after you get to the 5 year mark. The market is flooded with Harleys of every model, that is where you lose your dough right now. I got a great deal on my F6B, but I feel certain I could get my money right back out of it if I were so inclined. I really love the giddy up and the fact that there is no Stage I, Stage II etc. to do to just get it off the lot sounding and responding right. I've had a bunch of Harley's and I would not mind having another ole Shovelhead for a bar hopper. To travel anywhere of consequence, like from my home in Boerne, TX up to see my Family in Scranton and Dunmore, I'll take my F6B anytime.:stirthepot:

Watchdog
08-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Welcome from Rockland County N.Y. I too came from a Harley roadglide. This bike doesn't compare. It has so much more power. Handles so much better and is much more comfortable. I wasn't sure how I was gonna like not having forward controls on a long ride but so far that hasn't been an issue. I took a test drive and bought it on the spot.

XKnight
08-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the new F6. http://www.rc-help.com/images/smilies/poidh.gif

Dior55
08-17-2014, 05:33 AM
Still waiting on delivery - it's killing me! I am someone who rides and doesn't worry about racking up the miles on my odometer (like some Harley owners I know). As for resale value, I don't plan on selling the bike soon unless I really dislike it - and from everything I've observed I doubt that will be the case. Also, I'm not so sure the HD resale phenomenon still exists. As said, the market was/is flooded with HDs. Frankly, three years ago when I bought my used HD I gravitated towards it instead of a used GW because I was able to get a better deal on a relatively low miler RK over well-used GWs of the same vintage (I still had two kids in college at the same time then!) As I said, I was never a HD pirate and bought the bike primarily to do some 400+ mile weekend riding with friends. Also, by the time you get done paying for the extra shiney bits to make your RK "unique", that all gets lost in a resale. This new model from Honda is exactly what I need/want in a bike and I believe it will be a keeper.

Hey Rockland guy - one of the dealers I went to who wouldn't give me even a remote good deal is on your side of the river. They seemed nice enough but they get their $$$$$!

Watchdog
08-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Was it mavrix?

Scotrod
08-17-2014, 10:26 AM
a relatively low miler RK over well-used GWs of the same vintage!

Tons of low mile bikes of all flavors out there, but ~high~ mileage Wings are more common than low milers,,,

Wild West Honda takes as trade / buys / re-sells all makes/models,,, I have yet to see any Wings with less than 15k there,, but on any given day, there are several 'other' bikes with less than 1000 miles,,, :shrug:

selmore50
08-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Started shopping around for an FB6 after spending some time with my buddy at the Americade (we now live in different states) who had bought his FB6 in the Spring. I was very impressed, and since then my 7 year old Road King just started feeling older and older on me. Near me the best I could manage from two different dealers was $10K plus my bike on trade with a clear title. I did a bit more searching on the internet, made a few calls, and for a 100 mile trip from home my deal ended up being $7K plus my bike, plus the $1000 accessory bonus, extra warranty bonus, and 1.99% finance on the $7K. Plus the dealer is going to deliver my new bike to my door and pick up the trade next week once the do-dads are added.

I'm from NY near the CT border, so it's not often you get see deals like what is reported from the mid-west, etc. I'm very happy with this deal, and more importantly, getting my old a$$ on a brand new FB6!!!

Harleys have that amazing loyal following but I've never drunk the kool-aid or even remotely dressed like a pirate. As others have said, they are more of a nostalgia thing - expensive, and without any real technology advancements - all sizzle but no steak!!! I believe the FB6 gives both the sizzle AND the steak!!

I traded my 2011 heritage on my F6B. My voltage regulator was going out and I couldn't find one for two weeks. It felt like every time I turned around it was 100's of dollars for something. I gave the Harley and 2000 for mine. I found a left over 400 miles away from me and made the deal on the phone. I haven't looked back since. I actually went got a free lunch at the Harley dealer by the house and hearing the bikes start and listening to them run I don't miss my Harley at all.

Dior55
08-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Was it mavrix?

No it was Moroney's - a HD and Honda dealer. I thought with both brands the deal would have been much better.

Watchdog
08-17-2014, 02:42 PM
No it was Moroney's - a HD and Honda dealer. I thought with both brands the deal would have been much better.

Yeah. I bought an Electra glide from them. I got mine from mavrix in middletown. Got a good price on my trade. $1000 off the price and $1000 accessories. Had to finance very little.