PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Victory Magnum

srt8-in-largo
08-15-2014, 06:34 PM
http://rideapart.com/2014/08/factory-custom-2015-magnum/4444

If this were an exam, Victory wold get slapped for copying from Honda's paper. The rider in these ads looks just like the one in Honda's.

Idk who's designing bikes at Victory but they might not wanna read the comments posted: (puke, yuck, gaudy) I don't think its that bad.

Dirtstiff's F6B
08-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Same comments Honda got with the f6b,Valkyrie and 1300 debute in 2013 so who's to say.

Scotrod
08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Pimp my ride? :shrug:

Steve 0080
08-15-2014, 08:43 PM
UUmmmmmmm.....no

Massroll
08-15-2014, 10:53 PM
The comments on that page are quite good. Got me to chuckle a couple of times. :)

Injun Joe
08-16-2014, 06:36 AM
I road the Magnum at Sturgis and was not impressed at all. Those of you who think the stock FCB wind shield is bad, wait till you try the Magnum. Plus that big front wheel wants to cave in at slow speeds like I've heard choppers want to do. (Never ridden a chopper.)

SpeedyWho
08-16-2014, 12:23 PM
I think that Victory is pretty sharp. I love seeing Victory and Indian stepping up and giving us better options in the Vtwin world.

srt8-in-largo
08-16-2014, 03:24 PM
A for effort. C for execution.

Just seems like something ain't right about it; the only thought that really pops in my head is that this ain't an F6.

MinnetonkaMike
08-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I think that Victory is doing exactly what they should be doing - creating bikes that people want. The v-twin market right now wants baggers and that is what they've done. A modified cross country with a lower stance, a better stereo, and a big front wheel. Polaris is taking market share from HD (albeit more from their brother brand Indian) and by putting the right marketing behind a decent product they will continue to get more attention and eventually more bikes will be sold. Personally I wouldn't put that kind of money down on that particular bike when for basically the same amount I could be riding a fully dressed Indian which in my opinion if you want to make a statement on a v-twin, you should be riding! Regarding riding these bikes the one big call out I have is that with the cross country it has a nice feel and is VERY comfortable for taller riders (I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam) because the floorboards are so long. I did have issues with the stock windscreen at highways speeds - I experienced a lot of buffeting but I'm guessing that could be fixed with an aftermarket part and I'm assuming it will be the same for the magnum.

chipmaker
08-16-2014, 04:47 PM
I cant wait to demo one...

shooter
08-16-2014, 08:27 PM
It's not really that different than a Cross Country. I think it looks good. It's no B.

bobbyf6b
08-17-2014, 02:37 PM
It's just a Cross Country without crash bars. What's the BFD? :shrug:

Scotrod
08-17-2014, 03:25 PM
It's just a Cross Country without crash bars. What's the BFD? :shrug:

HEY HEY NOW!!!

Are you blind!!??!!! It's pushin' a TWENTY ONE up front, SLAMMED a FAT INCH in the tail!!!! My Bro Carlos down at Hommie's Hoodrodz say's the paint is pure 24K!!!

Man,, you are so UNCOOL!!!!!! :spank:

chipmaker
08-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Don't forget the big stereo...

bobbyf6b
08-17-2014, 07:21 PM
HEY HEY NOW!!!

Are you blind!!??!!! It's pushin' a TWENTY ONE up front, SLAMMED a FAT INCH in the tail!!!! My Bro Carlos down at Hommie's Hoodrodz say's the paint is pure 24K!!!

Man,, you are so UNCOOL!!!!!! :spank:

:icon_mrgreen: I didn't even notice the wheel. :icon_doh: Now THAT'S custom!

er.medic
08-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Definitely an acquired taste

Scotrod
08-17-2014, 07:40 PM
:icon_mrgreen: I didn't even notice the wheel,,,,

Me neither,,, would have never known if I hadn't read it somewhere!!!! LOL!! :icon_biggrin:

:cheers:

Cool Hand Luke
08-17-2014, 07:44 PM
I like the headlight, I assume it's stock?

Not a fan of that green color though...

bobbyf6b
08-17-2014, 07:53 PM
I like the Victory's. I considered buying one but couldn't resist the F6B. The Victory I wanted is almost the same bike but not water cooled and has no radio. Too bad they quit making the model.

Victory Vision Eight Ball

Looks just like:

Honda F6B

Scotrod
08-17-2014, 08:40 PM
I was hoping Vic would re-introduce a 'trunkless' Vision in 14,,, :shrug:

Lotsa factors made me consider a bike that wasn't really on my radar,,, In the end the proven reliability of the Honda was a big factor,,,

And here I am!

srt8-in-largo
08-17-2014, 10:10 PM
I was in the final stages of research in purchasing a Cross Country but the inaccurate fuel gauge issue killed it for me. Many times I ride on vapors before I get to a refill... and I need that to be bullet proof.

Good thing though; I wouldn't have found the F6... still the greatest bike I've ever owned.

Injun Joe
08-18-2014, 11:21 AM
I was in the final stages of research in purchasing a Cross Country but the inaccurate fuel gauge issue killed it for me. Many times I ride on vapors before I get to a refill... and I need that to be bullet proof.

Good thing though; I wouldn't have found the F6... still the greatest bike I've ever owned.

Vapors here in my part of the country can leave you stranded out in the middle of nowhere with next to no one passing by. Just saying. :icon_rolleyes:

Bruce B
08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
:icon_mrgreen: I didn't even notice the wheel. :icon_doh: Now THAT'S custom!

What's custom about a bike as it rolls out the factory door? Custom are the mods made after the bike is built and sold. I guess I just don't get the idea of "factory custom". Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Injun Joe
08-18-2014, 11:38 AM
What's custom about a bike as it rolls out the factory door? Custom are the mods made after the bike is built and sold. I guess I just don't get the idea of "factory custom". Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Bolting store bought chrome parts on doesn't make for a custom bike either as far as I'm concerned. A lot of these big "custom" builders now have stock frames, handle bars, etc. Also blurs the line for me.

srt8-in-largo
08-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Vapors here in my part of the country can leave you stranded out in the middle of nowhere with next to no one passing by. Just saying. :icon_rolleyes:

Vapors here in my part of the country will run me past five gas stations and stretch the fillup interval an additional day or two. Just saying. :icon_rolleyes:

Injun Joe
08-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Vapors here in my part of the country will run me past five gas stations and stretch the fillup interval an additional day or two. Just saying. :icon_rolleyes:

Oh I didn't mean to imply it didn't. Just pointing out that your post gave me heart palpitations being from out here in the Wild West. I've heard guys with peanut tanks used to have to carry extra to cross some of the wide open spaces. But in a few years, I'll be right there with you -- at least planning to be.

Madmax
08-18-2014, 02:05 PM
The Victory line looks nice not my cup of tea , I have owned Polaris products in the past and were ok at the best to say the least .
I would not consider victory in the same class as the F6B ... not many bikes do especially the victory ... every time I hear victory I think snow machine .

Scotrod
08-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Most 'accurate' gauge I ever had was on a Stratoliner,,, It had 2 fuel tanks,,, Light would come on when main was empty and the '2nd tank' (located down and back from main, with the fuel pump in it) was in use. Had about 7-8/10th of a gallon then,,, Also had a countdown on the odometer starting when the light came on,,, pretty slick, actually.

The low fuel light (No gauge) on my old VTX18C was a bit funky,,, It was temperature sensitive,,, would start to glow ever so faintly, and then brighten to full on. ("Sloshing' the gas would make it go out if it was just 'glowing') Kind of a guessing game with it daylight vs dark, how often you looked, etc)

The light on the 6 is no exact science,,, Wifes light comes on a good distance before mine,,, She also has more gas left in her tank at that time than I do, so :shrug: Seems to be consistent in it's warning, but not necessarily consistent between bikes,,, :shrug:

srt8-in-largo
08-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Oh I didn't mean to imply it didn't. Just pointing out that your post gave me heart palpitations being from out here in the Wild West. I've heard guys with peanut tanks used to have to carry extra to cross some of the wide open spaces. But in a few years, I'll be right there with you -- at least planning to be.

:yes:

I love the look of cruisers but can't get pas the peanut tanks. Just say no to peanut tanks :icon_biggrin:

Most 'accurate' gauge I ever had was on a Stratoliner,,, It had 2 fuel tanks,,, Light would come on when main was empty and the '2nd tank' (located down and back from main, with the fuel pump in it) was in use. Had about 7-8/10th of a gallon then,,, Also had a countdown on the odometer starting when the light came on,,, pretty slick, actually.

The low fuel light (No gauge) on my old VTX18C was a bit funky,,, It was temperature sensitive,,, would start to glow ever so faintly, and then brighten to full on. ("Sloshing' the gas would make it go out if it was just 'glowing') Kind of a guessing game with it daylight vs dark, how often you looked, etc)

The light on the 6 is no exact science,,, Wifes light comes on a good distance before mine,,, She also has more gas left in her tank at that time than I do, so :shrug: Seems to be consistent in it's warning, but not necessarily consistent between bikes,,, :shrug:

Interesting about inconsistency between bikes.

My gauge seems to be nicely linear from full all the way to empty. The low fuel light engages at different times depending on how the fuel is sloshing around but I'm ok with that. I just couldn't live with a gauge that was linear from full to half, and then dropped exponentially from half to empty.

ED209
08-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Heres a race of F6B vs Victory. I would say the Vic had motor work to boot by the sound of it. I'll take the F6B for reliability and out-o-the-box power. :biggthumpup:
Not the best time nor speed but hey, not everyones a race driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sZuobUySaE

bobbyf6b
08-18-2014, 11:54 PM

That was SARCASM. :shock: