PDA

View Full Version : Did I ever show you guys this.....

CheckpointChcky
08-16-2014, 07:57 PM
It doesn't throw off a lot of light in the daytime but it is a very warm glow at night. I wish I had bought a brighter LED ring instead.

Wild Bill
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
That's cool. Tell me more about it.

laffin gas
08-16-2014, 09:49 PM
wow that's cool!!

where can you find that or did you make it yourself?

Phantom
08-17-2014, 12:06 AM
:icon_mrgreen::yes:

VALUE ACCESSORIES is taking orders for the latest LED Emblem light (brighter unit with multiple LEDS)

They will have them at the F6B Rally for show and tell. We are supposed to have a set to raffle off also.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/hondavalkyriegoldwing.aspx

Call and ask for Rick

RickW
08-17-2014, 06:39 AM
:icon_mrgreen::yes:

VALUE ACCESSORIES is taking orders for the latest LED Emblem light (brighter unit with multiple LEDS)

They will have them at the F6B Rally for show and tell. We are supposed to have a set to raffle off also.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/hondavalkyriegoldwing.aspx

Call and ask for Rick

Looks like these are going to be quite popular, already had a couple of messages since this post.
We are going to have two sets of the LED Rings at the rally, one to raffle of to help pay for the rally and one to give away. I just got the two sets yesterday, brand new product.

I do not have them listed yet on our site. I was waiting to put them on until I had them in stock. We are getting both the amber and white. These will go over well, I have had them on my own F6B for a couple of months. Everyone comments on them wherever we take the bike. You can see them in the windows when you ride by in town during the daytime. They are very cool looking and bright like daylight driving lights (93 Nano LED's in each ring).

I will post as soon as I put them on our site, hopefully within a week or so. TricLed made these just for us, they will not be sold anywhere else, I even had to make up Installation Instructions for them. They will be $100 for a set with connections.
Here are a couple of pictures installed on my bike.

thanks,
Rick

Here are the instructions. Pretty easy and a few different options.
Installation Instruction White LED Rings GL1800 2012+ / F6B (TRIC9845)

Wiring can be installed several ways:

Option 1: On all the time with Ignition Key on.
Right Side, Using supplied Connectors TIE LED Ring into the Hot and Ground supplying the switch for the Heated Grips. Connector should still be there even if you don’t have that option.
Left Side, Using supplied Connectors TIE LED Ring into the Three Pin Plug under the Left Pocket.

Option 2: On all the time with Ignition Key on.
Use Kuryakyn Adapter Plugs for Front Turn Signals and Running Lights.
PLUG the Adapter Plugs into Bike then hook up to LED Rings.

Option 3: Switched On or Off.
Use power from the Three Pin Plug under the Left Pocket, (Power only when Bike is turned on) or power from any other source running through a switch to the LED Rings.
You may also use the Kuryakyn Master Cylinder Reservoir Cover Accessory Switches to power up the LED Rings. (KUR-7803)

Right Side LED Ring Installation:
Remove Right side Fairing Trim Accent by SQUEEZING the Sides and PULLING up gently. We also use plastic Auto Body Panel tools. REMOVE Right Pocket or Cover.
Test Fit the LED Ring on Right Side.
HOLD The LED Ring Upside Down in place and MARK for Wiring at approximate five O’clock position.
DRILL a 1/8” Hole for wiring.
CLEAN Insert around Honda Emblem with alcohol and let dry.
REMOVE 3M Tape Backing, Then INSTALL LED Ring.
CONNECT LED Ring lead wires to wiring previously installed.

LEFT Side LED Ring Installation:
REPEAT Right Side Installation for Left Side.
Left Pocket can be removed by PRESSING DOWN the Center of the four Lock Pins in each corner with a small Flathead Screwdriver, Then PULL upwards to pull out the Pocket.

Scotrod
08-17-2014, 08:41 AM
So no removal / reinstallation of the OEM emblem, just 'ring it',,,,

Hmm,,,

I'm not a fan of added extra lights, mostly because they look like 'added extra's', but this 'feels' different,,,

Hmmmm,,,

Steve 0080
08-17-2014, 12:09 PM
I am QFL .....I'm in !!!! Now how would one hook that so it flashes w/ the turn signal???

Jimmytee
08-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm looking forward to their availability:clap2:

Darkknight
08-18-2014, 04:40 AM
Oh yeah, I'll be all over that! Of course then I'll need to pull the trigger on the new emblems from Hambly.:icon_wink:

RickW
08-18-2014, 04:51 AM
I am QFL .....I'm in !!!! Now how would one hook that so it flashes w/ the turn signal???

We can make them flash, no problem. I think you want the Amber version though if it's going to flash with turn signals. We are going to have the Amber also, not sure when.

fxdl2051
09-16-2014, 09:54 PM
I think a lighted ring with a delay timer on the ignition switch would be pretty cool and useful .

CheckpointChcky
09-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Mine only really show up at night. I wished I had gone with the brighter ones being offered here.

Steve 0080
09-17-2014, 10:08 PM
I got a set at the Rally...waiting to see what bike I put them on....

SCMike
09-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Installed the set I got at the rally. They are really bright. I recently had a dealer install my BikeMp3 960 cowl lights, and the installer was having fun in the garage with these LED rings. He had the bike up on a lift, and he would call a coworker over to look at the LED ring. The coworker would get right up close to the bike, looking at the LED ring, and then the installer would turn the key and light the ring. The unsuspecting coworker would be blinded for a few minutes. I'm glad they were impressed with the rings, but since I was paying by the hour, I would have appreciated more industry and less play.

MOJO
12-16-2014, 02:18 PM
I gotta ask, can we get a variety of color options to go along with other accent lighting?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve 0080
12-16-2014, 05:44 PM
I here they are working on amber.....

Amipro
12-16-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm waiting on the amber ones myself. Still no word on when they are available.

RickW
12-16-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm waiting on the amber ones myself. Still no word on when they are available.

TricLED just contacted us late this afternoon.
The Amber LED Rings are in that were made up for us. We should have them to us by the end of the week. Sorry for the delay, took longer then we expected.
I will have the LED Ring Page (http://store.valueaccessories.net/WhiteLEDLightRingsGoldWing12andF6B.aspx) changed tomorrow so they can be purchased. We may not have them soon enough to ship before next week. We will be closed starting this weekend through Christmas week, but will be monitoring all emails and orders.

Here is the Video showing what the Amber LED's will look like installed with a Single to Dual Intensity Converter to use as running and turn signal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAP7E0C0o4&list=UUChFX59NYH5wRDs1KHK2kgg&index=1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAP7E0C0o4&list=UUChFX59NYH5wRDs1KHK2kgg&index=1)

Steve 0080
12-17-2014, 12:28 AM
No rush Rick... I can wait till the new year !!!! "ccsmiley"bling-bling

53driver
12-17-2014, 07:03 AM
I'm on board with this one! That's what SHOULD be going on in that cut out.

RickW
12-17-2014, 08:09 PM
I have the Amber LED Rings on the product page now (https://store.valueaccessories.net/WhiteLEDLightRingsGoldWing12andF6B.aspx) as an option. We will ship them starting just after Christmas.

We have had several people in the last couple of days contact us about the possibility of different colors in these LED Rings. We can get different colors when we order in larger quantities. If someone does want a different color then White, Amber or Red let us know. This would be a special order, paid up front and take about 6 weeks.
https://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/TRIC98211.jpeg (https://store.valueaccessories.net/WhiteLEDLightRingsGoldWing12andF6B.aspx)