PDA

View Full Version : wtf was that

naga viper
08-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Hey guys and gals.
Just got back from looking at a mc camper a 250 mile trip and about 10 miles from my friends house we were stopped at a red light gassed it then shifted into second and heard on throttle and Bang like I snapped a bolt in half then heard it hit belly pan worst things going threw my mind. got back to his house it was dusk so decided to go there turns out front wheel weight must have snapped and flew off just trying to save someone a trip to repair shop. I have a new front tire on order and a solid valve stem not sure what I will do for balancing? I did dyna beads in past no extra miles
so far 7300 miles and tire is about 3/32nds I keep tire pressure at 39 psi others claim 12000 miles or more do they run till bald? I would not risk safety for a couple dollars

Scotrod
08-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Wear bars showing?

I'm just past 12.5 and probably change in a couple months,,, (Not down to the bars yet, but replacement tire is in hand)

(Are you sure you didn't pick something up off the road/sling it against the B-pan? The OEM weights look like they would be hard to throw,,, :shrug:)

naga viper
08-16-2014, 09:55 PM
NO wheel weight is gone!

Scotrod
08-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Seems crazy!!!

I've thrown stickies at speed on various vehicles, but dang,,, I guess when it's time to go, it's TIME TO GO!!! LOL!!!

Reedman71
08-16-2014, 11:36 PM
I would have had to check my shorts after that one. :cus:

Steve 0080
08-17-2014, 12:19 PM
If you are a FREAK about tire pressure and keep the front tire at 40 psi, it should go 20K miles..... I have 15K on mine and have no plans to change it until next year....

F6BPDX
08-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Just changed mine at 15k. It was down to the wear bars but even then I could have milked it since the tread pattern was not bald.

bob109
08-18-2014, 04:40 AM
Just changed mine at 15k. It was down to the wear bars but even then I could have milked it since the tread pattern was not bald.

Even into the "wear bars" there's plenty of meat (rubber) remaining in the tire center. The OEM Bridgestone is well constructed with approximately 3/4" inch thickness in the tire center when new. You, in all likelihood, had a few more thousand miles of safe riding.

A picture paints a thousand words! That's why I dissected my OEM Stone and documented what remained of the tire after 16.5 K miles of wear. No guessing, just the facts:icon_wink: Here's my original Thread on the topic:icon_biggrin:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2806-OEM-Bridgestone-Front-Tire-Autopsy

F6BPDX
08-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Even into the "wear bars" there's plenty of meat (rubber) remaining in the tire center. The OEM Bridgestone is well constructed with approximately 3/4" inch thickness in the tire center when new. You, in all likelihood, had a few more thousand miles of safe riding.

A picture paints a thousand words! That's why I dissected my OEM Stone and documented what remained of the tire after 16.5 K miles of wear. No guessing, just the facts:icon_wink: Here's my original Thread on the topic:icon_biggrin:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2806-OEM-Bridgestone-Front-Tire-Autopsy

Your thread was one of the reasons that I wasn't worried about getting into the bars.:biggthumpup: That being said I was having my 16k mile service done anyways, so I figured I might as well just get it all done at once. We aren't too far from the rainy season starting anyways and for that I prefer having that nice center sipe.