PDA

View Full Version : Passed 2 F6B's this weekend!

Cool Hand Luke
08-17-2014, 08:02 AM
I rode from Aiken SC towards Gatlinburg TN this Friday. I mostly took highway 28 on my way there. I rode by Highlands, Franklin, Fontana Dam, The Dragon, Foothills Parkway in TN and ended up in Gatlinburg. Awesome ride and weather!

On the way there I passed not one but two F6B's (not at the same time). One was green and the other was black. We exchanged waves but couldn't stop to chat (since two of us were on black F6B's we were going very fast and could not stop safely, the green one was slower :icon_wink:).

At the Dragon my bike attracted more attention. It seems that many Harley riders like it. On the Dragon I had several Harley riders let me pass through as I was able to negotiate curves much easier and faster.

And here are the obligatory pictures:

7692 7693
7694 7695

Yesterday I rode back. I did the Dragon again, than Hwy 28, thru Cherokee and got on Blue Ridge Parkway. Rode it until Hwy 276 towards Breward NC, than Crab. Creek Road to Flat Rock NC. Than old Hwy 25 to Hwy 101, passed over Lake Greenwood and made it home in Aiken before dark.

It was a beautiful ride with probably the best weather I ever had riding the Smokies. No rain at all, in the mid 70's while in the mountains, roads were pretty much devoid of cops and traffic. All I rode were backroads. Bike did great, not a single hiccup. This was my first trip with the Baggershield I raised about two inches (I did a post about it before) and it was great! I also have a Mustang seat and it was very comfortable.

XKnight
08-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Sounds like you had a great ride. I rode from the Houston area to Dallas and back this weekend. Took mostly back roads which made for a pleasant ride, but I still haven't seen any other F6s on the road. One of these days...

Cool Hand Luke
08-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Sounds like you had a great ride. I rode from the Houston area to Dallas and back this weekend. Took mostly back roads which made for a pleasant ride, but I still haven't seen any other F6s on the road. One of these days...

Some nice riding around Dallas!

About 3-4 years ago I bought 2007 Goldwing from a gentleman in Dallas. I flew to Dallas, took a cab to his house (which was only about 15 minutes from the airport) and started riding back around 9am the next morning. I took all backroads (the GW had built in gps), bypassed Houston and got on I-10 thru LA. Got off hwy 90 in MS, rode down MS coast, then back on I-10 thru Mobile AL and then into Pensacola FL, where I stayed for the night. That was over 700 miles the first day.

The next morning I took only back roads, no highway, as close to the ocean as possible down to St. Pete Beach. FL. All in all about 1,200 miles in two days.

Last year I sold the 2007 Goldwing for a F6B and life has never been the same...