PDA

View Full Version : Big Goldwing Seat

selmore50
08-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Looking at some of the big goldwings yesterday I couldn't help but notice they have a better seat. The seats just swap right over don't they? Considering finding one and making the swap. Thoughts?

Steve 0080
08-17-2014, 12:01 PM
NO......they are not interchangeable

XKnight
08-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Looking at some of the big goldwings yesterday I couldn't help but notice they have a better seat. The seats just swap right over don't they? Considering finding one and making the swap. Thoughts?

Better is dependent on what you prefer. Most F6B riders like being able to sit further back into the seat as opposed to the closer Goldwing seat setup. As posted above, the seats are not interchangeable.

Cool Hand Luke
08-17-2014, 04:27 PM
In my humble opinion:

For two up comfort go with Ruseell Day Long Seats as a custom seat, or Ultimate Seats as off the shelf one.

If riding solo (like myself) then have more options including Mustang Seat, which is what I use.

Goldwing seat definitely does not fit.

Personally I prefer F6B's riding position and even stock seat than Goldwing seat. GW seat always locked me in one position. With passenger GW seat is better than stock F6B seat. But then again if I rode two up mostly I would have kept my Goldwing.

chipmaker
08-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Better is dependent on what you prefer. Most F6B riders like being able to sit further back into the seat as opposed to the closer Goldwing seat setup. As posted above, the seats are not interchangeable.

Exactly, one of the things that attracted me to the F6B was the roomy flat seat.

MSGT-R
08-18-2014, 09:14 AM
The Corbin option will not only give you removable backrests, but the seat-butt is shaped more like a saddle than a plain flat step-up (which can be hard on the tailbone).

Lots of options out there, please go look at them.

RRF6B
04-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Steve and Xknight - have you tried to install the GW seat on the F6B? If so, what didn't fit? Thanks, RRF6B.

srt8-in-largo
04-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Steve and Xknight - have you tried to install the GW seat on the F6B? If so, what didn't fit? Thanks, RRF6B.

Different bolt positions?

RRF6B
04-13-2015, 09:04 AM
Not trying to be rude but if you don't know, just say you don't know or don't make a commit like you do know. Forums need facts not more question marks.

srt8-in-largo
04-13-2015, 09:26 AM
You're welcome for giving your question a bump and for offering a possibility.

In the english language a question mark indicates uncertainty. If I were trying to post definitively, I would not have put a question mark. Does that make sense now?

RRF6B
04-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Hey Selmore50 -

Did you ever try to fit a GW seat on your F6B?

I see you are in Raymore. I'm in Blue Springs. Maybe we can meet up and go for a ride sometime.

RRF6B