PDA

View Full Version : Need ur help

wantone
08-17-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm 5'4" very short rider compared to u guys. I just sold my victory CC. And for the first time in long time I'm excited and looking for reasons to hop on 2 wheels. Victory was nice but I was working hard riding it. I think it was big for me. At the end of the day on victory I was beat up.

Just got f6b home n put 50 miles on it. Been rainin since yesterday n I'm spoiled with the victory wind protection. So cannot ride with stock f6b windshield.

So I need ur help finding a perfect windshield. I like the baggershield cuz it has that extra width. I had madstad on victory n liked it.

I'm looking for something that will completely block all the wind from the front. Also doing research on getting all the baker wings they offer for f6b. Need to block everything is my goal.

Are baker wings any good or are there any other options from other vendors ?

What other pieces can I add up front to create a comfortable warm cockpit for colder months n easy enough to open it up for warmer months.

Can't wait for dragon ride which is 10 days away :)

I appreciate ur inputs.

Darkknight
08-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Well, if you're going to the Rally you will see just about everything that is available for wind blocking options. I rode all 12 months last year up here in CT. Had to stop for the snow but got at least 100 mile / month to satisfy my two wheel addiction.'riding'

Windshields have been discussed many times here so if you do a search you'll find all kinds of information on that. I use a Baggershield dark tint 11". I'm 5'10" and like to look over the shield.

I do have smoked color baker hand wings. These mount under the signal lights. They are very nice. I was expecting them to be more adjustable, for instance I wanted to keep them 1/2 open and found that at high speed they wanted to either shut or open full. So now I've adjusted them so they do just that... at high speed they are perfectly positioned for full open and of course full closed works at any speed. Bottom line is that I'd recommend them. :yes:I Have speed tested to 120+ MPH.:yikes:
Closed they give noticable wind protection to the passenger.:clap2:

The lower wings I have not installed.
Hope this helps.

glryder98
08-18-2014, 07:26 AM
If it's total wind protection you are looking for. Baker hand wings, Baker air wings with uppers and a 14" F4 Custom windshield. Will you be going to Franklin for the F6B rally?

Hornblower
08-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Wantone--You'll get a lot of different opinions when it comes to the "perfect" windshield. Assuming you don't want to be looking through the windshield, you'll want to keep it fairly short, of course, but some adjustability sure is nice :icon_biggrin:. You mentioned having a Madstad previously so if you're OK with that look, I can certainly recommend that. Also, you just can't go wrong with the Baker hand wings. See you in Franklin :yes:.

Scotrod
08-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Baker has all kinds of wind-blocking / wind directing items for our bikes. At least 4 different attachment locations,,, (hand, fairing, leg, feet)

National Cycle makes both hand and fairing mounted defectors.

Show Chrome has a version of 'hand/fairing',,, Kury as well,,, (They don't seem to be as prevalent as Bakers / NC)

Shields are a personal preference. I prefer/run Madstad.

Scotrod
08-18-2014, 10:16 AM
I do have smoked color baker hand wings. These mount under the signal lights. They are very nice. I was expecting them to be more adjustable, for instance I wanted to keep them 1/2 open and found that at high speed they wanted to either shut or open full.

I had heard about the tendency of Bakers to move at speed. I went with NC as they have a 'ratchet' system,,, stays where ya put it till you move it again. I believe Bakers are infinitely adjustable, where as NC's are a 'notch/click at a time'

Also heard you can add tension to the Bakers to make them less prone to moving, but I have no first hand experience with 'em, so not sure about specifics,,,

Baker Wings have been around for a long time. They have a heck of a following. :yes:

wantone
08-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks all for ur help and insight. I think I'll go with the Madstad for now and all the baker products :)

Fla_rider
08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't jump all in baker. Buy the mirror ones first. When I installed them with my BS both sections on I don't have any wind issues. Of course I'm not as wide as most here!:lolup: