PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn chrome side stand... will it fit my 2013 F6B ?

sshake1905
08-18-2014, 12:27 AM
I have been looking at a heavier duty side stand, with a wider footprint for hot asphalt and more meat than the stock Honda kick stand...I see a chrome side stand by Kuryakyn (part # 7104) that seems to be the ticket.....except:icon_biggrin:.... some aftermarket online sites list it to fit the GL1800 -01 thru 12+ and 2013 F6B...(.Wingstuff and Dennis Kirk to be specific )..:icon_frown:.and other sites don't mention that it will fit the F6B.....rather confusing...:icon_rolleyes:.

Has anyone on the Forum ordered, or/and installed this chrome Kuryakyn side stand (7104) on their F6B ???? Would really appreciate some experienced guidance from anyone who has had experience with this item...notworthy.....before I order one.....Thanks....Shaker:yes:

sshake1905
08-25-2014, 09:26 PM
I asked others on the forum for advise on fitment of Kuryakyn chrome HD side stand....got one PM...but none that had installed the side stand....

After personal chat with Gregg at Kuryakyn..:icon_lol:.. I found out that it will work on F6B...even tho it was confusing on the kuryakyn site ad...:shrug:.one place it said it would fit and another said it would not....I know it will fit, as I installed one on my bike today..:icon_biggrin:..without a hitch...:yes:

I know it is chrome, but it is a little longer than stock kick stand, has a foot print at least twice as wide as stock...for hot asphalt in summer, etc....and is twice as thick...am very pleased with it....doesn't get in way of my mini boards with 3/4 drop mounts. even with the mini boards moved to rear adjustment hole....:clap2:

Just want to post this for anyone wanting to know...:shrug:.just saying....Shaker

BIGLRY
08-25-2014, 09:36 PM
I asked others on the forum for advise on fitment of Kuryakyn chrome HD side stand....got one PM...but none that had installed the side stand....

After personal chat with Gregg at Kuryakyn..:icon_lol:.. I found out that it will work on F6B...even tho it was confusing on the kuryakyn site ad...:shrug:.one place it said it would fit and another said it would not....I know it will fit, as I installed one on my bike today..:icon_biggrin:..without a hitch...:yes:

I know it is chrome, but it is a little longer than stock kick stand, has a foot print at least twice as wide as stock...for hot asphalt in summer, etc....and is twice as thick...am very pleased with it....doesn't get in way of my mini boards with 3/4 drop mounts. even with the mini boards moved to rear adjustment hole....:clap2:

Just want to post this for anyone wanting to know...:shrug:.just saying....ShakerJust curious how much more do you see the bike setting upright with the longer length? Got a pic or a link?

shooter
08-25-2014, 10:02 PM
That info on the side stand is good to know. Thanks for posting. Like Big I would like to know how much difference it makes on the lean angle when on the side stand.

JackB
08-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Rivco makes a larger pad for the side stand for $29.99 and it black.

Steve 0080
08-26-2014, 06:51 AM
http://www.rivcoproducts.com/catalog/#/18/zoomed

Here is the link...I have it.....worth the money!

sshake1905
08-27-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't really think the lean angle on the new chrome side stand changed much....maybe a little less lean to left, but nothing even close to being too straight up.....the thing I like is that is heavy duty and when it's down...it doesn't flex like the stock Honda did...it's solid....and the foot print is twice as large...:yes:

I have had the slip on/off side stand pads, like the one from Rivco, but I had to bend over to slip it on, lift bike up a bit...same thing to take it off....as I get older with the titinium rods in my lower back..:icon_frown:..that gets more difficult...so I like the fact that it is there...kick it down and kick it up:yes:

and it is chrome, which, in my opinion, looks real good next to so much black..:icon_biggrin:..Shaker

RickW
08-27-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't really think the lean angle on the new chrome side stand changed much....maybe a little less lean to left, but nothing even close to being too straight up.....the thing I like is that is heavy duty and when it's down...it doesn't flex like the stock Honda did...it's solid....and the foot print is twice as large...:yes:

I have had the slip on/off side stand pads, like the one from Rivco, but I had to bend over to slip it on, lift bike up a bit...same thing to take it off....as I get older with the titinium rods in my lower back..:icon_frown:..that gets more difficult...so I like the fact that it is there...kick it down and kick it up:yes:

and it is chrome, which, in my opinion, looks real good next to so much black..:icon_biggrin:..Shaker

Thanks for the information. I am going to try one also on mine.

badpapi
08-28-2014, 01:35 PM

:postpics:
pics please

RickW
09-04-2014, 03:00 PM
I got one of the Kuryakyn Chrome Kickstands (http://store.valueaccessories.net/Stand-RiteChromeKickstandGL1800.aspx) in and installed on my F6b.
Held the original and the Kuryakyn up together and the length is the same, footprint is a lot bigger along with the diameter.

Looks great installed, and the lean angle appears to be the same.
Since the pad is larger it may effect the lean angle by a very small amount. Works better with my Floorboards since it sticks out a little bit more when up.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/71041.jpg