PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to let go of a stock shield?

Injun Joe
08-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Hey folks, I've got a Clearview shield on it's way to me, but I've got an idea for modding any conventional shield. So I'm going to try my idea out on my stock shorty and if it works, possibly transfer it to my new Clearview as well.

The rub comes in in that I'm kind of OCD about keeping all stock parts to pass on to the next guy should I sell the bike and the next guy not liking my mods. So, to cover my bases, I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that would let go of their stock shorty for a song? From what I gather here, there must be a ton of them taking up garage space.

hossners
08-18-2014, 12:58 PM
there must be a ton of them taking up garage space.

I would have let you have mine for the cost of shipping - but alas it was taking up garage space to so out it went just last week :022: :icon_doh:
Hopefully someone with more garage space will help you out soon!
-Steve in OR

opas ride
08-18-2014, 04:53 PM
I have one that I might let go..Brand new and never used....PM me if interested...

opas ride
08-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I was curious as to what the cost of a new stock shield was from Honda as I have one I might get rid of..Brand new never used...I just about fell off my chair when the parts guy at the dealer said $435!!!!..Holy S*** my Baggershield was half that price and works a lot, lot better....I will sell mine if interested but only for $325.....plus shipping....

Big Jay
08-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I was curious as to what the cost of a new stock shield was from Honda as I have one I might get rid of..Brand new never used...I just about fell off my chair when the parts guy at the dealer said $435!!!!..Holy S*** my Baggershield was half that price and works a lot, lot better....I will sell mine if interested but only for $325.....plus shipping....

Good luck with that.:icon _razz:

jkelley
08-20-2014, 06:36 AM
I donated mine to the dump the minute I got it home. Sorry.

opas ride
08-20-2014, 08:53 AM
I put the thing in the attic and maybe the mice will make a bed on it!!!...Still refuse to believe that little piece of plastic costs $400+ bucks!!!

Injun Joe
08-20-2014, 08:56 AM
I put the thing in the attic and maybe the mice will make a bed on it!!!...Still refuse to believe that little piece of plastic costs $400+ bucks!!!

If it truly costs that much, I best not violate mine. Honda's parts prices are astronomical. A saddle bag lid costs $800! No way you could build this bike one piece at a time like Johnny Cash did that Cadillac.

Injun Joe
08-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the response everyone. Turns out the shorty Clearview (recurve) does what I want without further modification. So I'll just hang onto my unharmed stock shield.

F6BPDX
08-20-2014, 04:49 PM
If it truly costs that much, I best not violate mine. Honda's parts prices are astronomical. A saddle bag lid costs $800! No way you could build this bike one piece at a time like Johnny Cash did that Cadillac.

Which is exactly why even a minor accident often totals a bike.

CoCoKola
08-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Which is exactly why even a minor accident often totals a bike.

I have one for sale; PM me if interested