PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a baggershield windshield here ?

wantone
08-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi. I am in the middle of ordering baggershield 11 to 19". What is ur experience. Does it create low pressure zone and turbulence ?

I'm 5'4" and looking for good protection.

Thanks

Scotrod
08-18-2014, 09:58 PM
I had a 11/19 Baggershield before I got my Madstad. :icon_biggrin:

Some things you'll just have to try for yourself... What's good for 1 may not work for another,,,

Baggershield has great customer service, and the 11/19 'flexibility' is nice. No regrets on my B-Shield purchase, but I prefer the 'stad to the B shield. Others are happy with their B-shields.

If you currently run the OEM Honda shield, and you want to try / experiment a bit with aftermarket shields w/o breaking the bank, The extra width and 'dual personality' of the 11 / 19 B-shield is a great choice!

bigbird
08-18-2014, 10:08 PM
I have the 11"/19" on my F6B.
My comments:
1) in the 11" position, with only the smoked portion showing, it looks fantastic on my black bike.
2) I'm 6'1" with a tall torso and I can look over the 11" with about 4" to spare. In the 19" position I don't think I could look over it. I can't stand looking through any windscreen.
3) Buffeting in the 11" position? None. Wind noise? Some at 60+ mph. I can still listen to the radio at 50 mph.
4) Quality of construction? Top notch.
5) Ease of cleaning bug muck off? Very easy with water and a soft sponge, followed by micro fibre drying.
6) Do I recommend it? Yes.

Ixol Phaane
08-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Yeah. I bee runnin a Baggershield 11/19.

In the short configuration -my usual when solo- I look over the top by about 4". There's just a little wind noise, but I can enjoy the radio at a volume of 13-15 at 80mph.

When my girl is w me and I put the top up, it's like riding in a bubble. But I gotta look through the screen...not my first choice. And in the heat of the desert it would be nice to have some venting through the tall shield.

I bought mine thinking it would give me an opportunity to try a shield that was just a little taller than stock, AND one that I knew would be too tall. I'm ~5'9" tall and pretty happy with this shield.

And, hey... it's only :money1:

opas ride
08-19-2014, 09:17 AM
I am 5'9" with a Mustang seat and the adjustable Baggershield..Could'nt be more happy with my set-up..Very little, if any, turbulence and hardly any wind noise at highway speeds..Don't hit the "super slab" much these days so I am good to go with what I have...BTW the shield is set in the top position....Ride safe

98valk
08-19-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm 5' 10" and with the top on, the baggershield gives a nice quiet smooth ride. With just the lower dark portion, the wind noise above 40 is pretty extreme (relatively). It's a shame, because it looks great with just the lower part.

At 5' 4", the lower part alone may give you enough coverage. BUT - it is hard to see through that dark shield at times, especially at night. When I pulled into the garage the first time, I realized that I could not see through it. :shock:

CheckpointChcky
08-19-2014, 06:30 PM
I have the 19" and I love it. I'm 5'5".

zekepa
08-19-2014, 07:47 PM
At 5' 4", the lower part alone may give you enough coverage. BUT - it is hard to see through that dark shield at times, especially at night. When I pulled into the garage the first time, I realized that I could not see through it. :shock:

Have to agree with trying to see with the dark part at night.

I'm 5'8"ish during the daytime the dark part isn't a problem, however at night I'd like a better view of the road.

IBREWBEER
08-19-2014, 07:47 PM
It is a quality windshield . I liked it however the installation to the 19" setting was a bit frustrating , not worth it for me . I ended up buying a clear view shield in small dark tint with the recurve and I like it much better . You'll prob go through a few before you find what you like . Good news is you can always sell it on this forum in an flash

JackB
08-19-2014, 08:10 PM
It is a quality windshield . I liked it however the installation to the 19" setting was a bit frustrating , not worth it for me . I ended up buying a clear view shield in small dark tint with the recurve and I like it much better . You'll prob go through a few before you find what you like . Good news is you can always sell it on this forum in an flash

I just put the lower part on and I like it. It let just some wind in and on a warm day it felt good. (I'm 5'8') Today I put the upper shield on I didn't go for a ride yet. And yes the installation was frustrating I hope I put it on right and I hope it holds. It looks better without the upper shield.
Also with the upper shield mounted down will it rub??

Steve 0080
08-19-2014, 08:15 PM

+1...I have lost count of the windshields I have tried.....using the Clearview now!!!!!

opas ride
08-19-2014, 08:17 PM

What was "a bit frustrating" to connect (3) plastic wing nuts and (3) push-thru bolts??? ,I don't quite understand....

Fla_rider
08-19-2014, 08:26 PM
What was "a bit frustrating" to connect (3) plastic wing nuts and (3) push-thru bolts??? ,I don't quite understand....

Come to the rally, I'll show you. It is rather easy.

tmac99
10-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Just to add to the opinions. I installed an 11"/19" Baggershield today. It arrived in 4 days from when I ordered, well packed and in good condition. Installation was easy after watching a few videos on removing the windshield - a very straightforward task. I am 6'0". With just the short dark piece, I look well over the top. It is a good choice for a cruise on a hot day - decent airflow - certainly more noise and buffeting than my tall Honda OEM shield that this replaces, but that is to be expected because the tall Honda shield is 16.5". I enjoyed having a little more air in my face than the tall Honda shield. With the top piece on, I can just look over it, although if I slouch, I am looking through the top of it. I have it installed as low as possible. The ride with the top shield on was a significant improvement over the tall Honda shield - noticeably quieter at highway speeds, and less buffeting (although the Honda tall shield was not bad). I wish it was about 1" lower and then it would be perfect, as it is, at 19", it is just a tad too tall when I look over the top of it. It may not be the best shield, but the ability to stop on the side of the road and turn it into an 11" screen when desired is just great. I did that today - takes less than 1 minute to change the screen from tall to short or vice versa. I think I will keep this for a while and see how it goes over time, but definitely liking it for now - as I said mostly due to the ability to quickly swap from short (wind in my face) to tall (very well protected).

vstar09
10-18-2014, 03:21 PM
I like using it with the bottom portion..... but when I put it up I don't like looking through the windshield...great protection tho..... I think I'm gonna go with a Windgammer, I like the adjusability of it..

Clutch
10-19-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm 5'4" and prefer a Klockwerks 15-inch screen over the Baggershield. 11" is too short, lots of wind buffeting at my height. It knocked my sunglasses clear off my eyes. The 19" was too tall -- I don't feel comfortable looking through a windshield. The 15" is great for me. I can look over it and it pushes the wind higher for me.

opas ride
10-19-2014, 06:25 PM
I have the Baggershield all the way up and its works great for me at 5'9"..I have no issues looking thru a windshield and certainly have no wind or turbulence problems at high speeds with this shield.....Works for me!!

badpapi
10-19-2014, 06:51 PM
.batman-smilie. 6.1 here have baggershield 11to19 and i never even use the top part .
i like a little win on my face . now the is fall i maybe be using the top part because rains a lot and is a little chill here ..batman-smilie.

FF-Ed
10-22-2014, 08:54 AM
If you do get the bagger shield, please remove that sticker that they put 'dead center' of the windshield. That looks like Shyte. I've seen 2 f6b's with that thing still on there Ewww...

I Love my 11/19 !!!

& if you spray a little wd40 on that sticker, pick at the edge and it will peel off

FF-Ed
10-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Sorry bout the double post but,

I'm 6'2", and until last month, I had never flipped my bagger shield to the full up position, but it dropped to 39*, so I did flip it up and it's perfect for cold weather! I'm still able to see over it.
Just fine.

It has warmed back up a bit, but I've left it up. Long rides, it's gonna be up from now on!

ALSO, the 11/19 can be mounted low or high, mine is slotted so I can move it up and down nearly 2".... I think it mates the fairing, & looks best in the full down position.

But what do I know, I think it looks good without that stupid sticker too:yikes:

Phatmobile
10-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I have been using the Bagger Shield for a couple of months now. I have been pretty happy with it so far. In warmer weather and solo, I will ride with only the smoke lower portion. If my girlfriend is on the back she prefers the shield all the way up. If it is cooler out, I will ride with it all the way up regardless as it provides me with a lot more wind protection and therefore, warmth.

I am OK with looking through the shield with general riding. Can't stand looking through the shield if the road gets twisty at all.

I have noticed that when the upper portion is tucked down behind the lower smoke portion it will rub on the smoke portion a litle at the very bottom. When i take it off i can see where it has rubber while sitting in the drivers seat but do not notice this mark if I am standing in front of the bike.

Overall I am pleased with the versatility of the Bagger Shield.

I would love to have an auto adjustable shield that would go up or down at the touch of a button. Is this possible on an F6B???

CheesyRider
10-22-2014, 11:42 AM
I would love to have an auto adjustable shield that would go up or down at the touch of a button. Is this possible on an F6B???

There are two options for an electronically adjustable screen:
1. Windbender (http://wingstuff.com/products/32428-windshield-optional-electric-adjusting-kit?context=windbender-gold_wing_gl1800)
2. Ergomot (http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-ELECTRONIC-SCREEN-HGW-XSC-001.htm)