PDA

View Full Version : 11" Madstad ok for my height ?

wantone
08-19-2014, 02:28 PM
I was wondering is 11" Madstad will work for me. I'm 5'4".

F6BPDX
08-19-2014, 02:48 PM

Works fine for me at 6 foot. At 5' 4" I would wonder if it would be too tall to look over as designed.

jimsol1
08-19-2014, 03:32 PM
At 5' 4", the stock is probably too tall!!!:icon_lol: Just kidding, at your height you should be able to keep the madstad in the lowest position which is where it looks best too. I am 5' 11" and I use the 11" shield raised up almost to the top of adjustment. Jim:lolup:

Hornblower
08-19-2014, 03:43 PM

Wantone--That could be a bit "iffy", I'm afraid. At 5'9", I'm running mine about 5/8" from the full down position and it's just right. Unless you have a long torso, you might wind up looking through the top, even with the wind screen all the way down. If you're coming to the Franklin rally, you'll be welcome to check mine out to make sure.

Scotrod
08-19-2014, 04:57 PM
How many durn windshield threads are ya gonna start!!!??!!! LOL!!!

I think this makes 3 or so now,,, Heck, I'm outta breath just trying to follow them all!!! LOL!!

:cheers:

I thought you we're leaning towards a B-Shield? :shrug:

(You don't have to run the 'stad at the recommended 60 degrees,,, You can follow the rake of the shield 'base' to lay it down some,,,)

wantone
08-19-2014, 06:10 PM
How many durn windshield threads are ya gonna start!!!??!!! LOL!!!

I think this makes 3 or so now,,, Heck, I'm outta breath just trying to follow them all!!! LOL!!

:cheers:

I thought you we're leaning towards a B-Shield? :shrug:

(You don't have to run the 'stad at the recommended 60 degrees,,, You can follow the rake of the shield 'base' to lay it down some,,,)

Well I did a search on Madstad on this forum and came across ur and bruce's post. After going thru all the info I decided to go with the Madstad. I just ordered 11". Lets see hoe it goes.

Also is there any info on this site on windshield installation. I did a search but coudn't find anything.

Thanks

XKnight
08-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Well I did a search on Madstad on this forum and came across ur and bruce's post. After going thru all the info I decided to go with the Madstad. I just ordered 11". Lets see hoe it goes.

Also is there any info on this site on windshield installation. I did a search but coudn't find anything.

Thanks

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?551-Windshield-removal