PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your F6B today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

CheesyRider
08-20-2014, 07:31 AM
What did you do to your F6B today?
There are probably a lot of things folks do to their F6Bs that may not warrant a whole new topic. This thread is a place to post such things.

hoglaw
08-20-2014, 07:32 AM
I patted its butt as I walked thru the garage.

Darkknight
08-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Leaving work at 10 to give her a bath and a 70MPH blow dry!
'riding'

Darren
08-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Added lots of bugs. I've never had a bike that could collect them like the F6B.

opas ride
08-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Said "Good Morning" as I watched the rain outside, I guess we are going nowhere today!!!

Injun Joe
08-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Today will be the new Clearview windshield adventure. My first violation of her.

six2go
08-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Rode the 40 miles to my dealer for the 4000 mile service. Oh yeah, rode 40 miles home also.

badpapi
08-20-2014, 12:16 PM
took it her to the car wash ,
last nite parked at the park for couple hours bunch of birds poop on her . dint notice until i get home on my garage .
this morning first thing before work stop a local car wash and blast poop off, dry her on a speedy ride and finish her off with a hand dry .

SmallPasture
08-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Rode to work. Rode home from work....wash, rinse, repeat!!!

Johncmendenhall
08-20-2014, 12:40 PM
First oil change, installing fumoto oil drain valve.

Texas TC
08-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Peeled the PlastiDip off my Kury console drink holder, sanded the chrome and painted with flat black paint. I have had the cover coated with PlastiDip on two Wing motorcycles for a year and a half and have found it not to hold up well over time. I hope paint will hold up better. Good thing is, the PlastiDip coating peels off very quickly and leaves nothing on the cover.

MinnetonkaMike
08-20-2014, 01:45 PM
drove it to work...and I will be taking it home in about 2 1/2 hours...

GiddyupF6B
08-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Went on a nice early morning ride and finally got the front wheel to come up! I was wondering if it could be done......it can! :shhh:

bigbird
08-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Here's my report:

You might be interested in my observations of my first oil change.

First, if you have a centre stand which I don't have but am getting, the job will definitely be easier. With my bike on the side stand, my oil drain pan barely fit under the belly pan. I couldn't remove both the drain bolt and the filter at the same time. There was zero clearance for my hand or tools.

The manual suggests removing the lower cowling for access. After reading on the forums that it can be done without removing the lower cowling, I dug in. After seeing the tight quarters with the cowling in place, I decided to remove the lower cowling. I started with the 2 push pins. I pushed with my finger and finally a screwdriver, but I couldn't get the push pins to budge. So much for that idea. If anyone has any tips on removing tight pushpins, I'm all ears. The heads of the pins were several mm above the pin body, and I could not push the heads in to get them level with the pin body. If you don't remove the cowling, you won't be able to use a longer oil filter or a torque wrench on the drain bolt.

The drain bolt is easy to get off, but with the restricted cowling to drain bolt clearance, a ratchet and socket would not fit. I ended up using a 17mm box end wrench for both removal and tightening. To remove the oil filter, I had to use a wrench like this: http://wingstuff.com/products/2065-oil-filter-wrench?context=service_parts_tools

The small opening of the wrench is also made to fit the 17mm head of the drain bolt.

I tried to use the longer non-OEM oil filters that I had used on my Silverwing. I have used both Purolator PureOne and Wix. With the cowling in place, there is no way to get a longer oil filter enough room to screw on. I had a Honda OEM oil filter on hand, and it screwed on no problem. I couldn't get my hand around the oil filter to hand tighten it like I do all my oil filters. I had to use the oil filter tool above to tighten the filter.

Everything else was non-eventful. I didn't ride the bike afterwards to see if clutching and shifting were any different with the synthetic Rotella T6. I'll let you know.

I hope my report was of interest/use to you

Deer Slayer
08-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Watched the odometer pass 17,777 miles on today's ride. :cheers:

Brian D
08-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Installed a ultimate king seat and took it for a ride for a few beers Will be selling the stock seat on here as soon as I set up a paypal account

Big Jay
08-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Rode it to work and back .

TerryB
08-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Changed out the pumpkins for some new "smoke" lenses that I ordered from WingStuff. They really aren't that dark, but man do they look clean. I really like having no lens lines. They match the look of the headlights perfectly IMO. :yes:

I am definately going to order the SoCalMotoGear amber LEDs to complete the look.

http://wingstuff.com/products/36141-smoke-turnsignals-for-gl1800

http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/main_image/000/025/759/original.png?1406759336

fxdl2051
08-21-2014, 03:15 AM
Short 120 mile ride in the twisties with obligatory post bug wipe down and polish up.

Paul B Blues
08-21-2014, 04:00 AM
Wept silently and adjusted the cover which has been on for nearly a month, more rain to come and more tears of despair too no doubt 'stop now':rainyday:

MarcPW
08-21-2014, 05:17 AM
As I am currently on holidays in Japan, went to Akihabara in Tokyo to get some nice LED lights to embellish my "Speedy Marie", also found dome nice chrome letters spelling F6B to replace the Honda logo...

DaWadd
08-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Installed the Honda LED foglamps this morning. Went pretty good but the lower cowl reinstall held things up a bit. All's good.

decubitus
08-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Here's my report:

The manual suggests removing the lower cowling for access. After reading on the forums that it can be done without removing the lower cowling, I dug in. After seeing the tight quarters with the cowling in place, I decided to remove the lower cowling. I started with the 2 push pins. I pushed with my finger and finally a screwdriver, but I couldn't get the push pins to budge. So much for that idea. If anyone has any tips on removing tight pushpins, I'm all ears. The heads of the pins were several mm above the pin body, and I could not push the heads in to get them level with the pin body. If you don't remove the cowling, you won't be able to use a longer oil filter or a torque wrench on the drain bolt.

Those are not the same kind of push-pins as are in the left cubby. You only need to pull the center pin part out a little. Then the whole fastener comes out.

XKnight
08-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Installed my new Hambly badges..batman-smilie.

Hornblower
08-21-2014, 06:29 PM

:Saweeet smilie: :yes:

bigbird
08-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Those are not the same kind of push-pins as are in the left cubby. You only need to pull the center pin part out a little. Then the whole fastener comes out.

Thank you. The owner's manual doesn't differentiate between the different types of push pins.

JackB
08-21-2014, 07:26 PM
I added more black chrome, pictures when it's done.

Johncmendenhall
08-22-2014, 02:31 AM
rode the bike to British Columbia to sturgis north in Merritt BC

Darkknight
08-22-2014, 04:43 AM

Nice!
I'd like a set like that!!!!!:yes:

Paul B Blues
08-22-2014, 08:57 AM

Now that looks perfect, and another fine job by Neil :yes:

SmallPasture
08-22-2014, 09:34 AM

Wow!!! love the relief effect on the bat!!! You knocked this out of the park! Did you design it, XKnight??? Neil is a master with a CNC!!!

VP8
08-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Changed out the pumpkins for some new "smoke" lenses that I ordered from WingStuff. They really aren't that dark, but man do they look clean. I really like having no lens lines. They match the look of the headlights perfectly IMO. :yes:

I am definately going to order the SoCalMotoGear amber LEDs to complete the look.

http://wingstuff.com/products/36141-smoke-turnsignals-for-gl1800

http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/main_image/000/025/759/original.png?1406759336

Hey Terry, I love my smoked lenses too. After I installed the smoked lenses, I initially ordered amber incandescent bulbs. I didn't care for the lack of brightness and the look of the amber bulb through the lens. Then I ordered amber LED bulbs from SoCalMotoGear. When I received the amber LED bulbs, they were only for the rear turn signals (two prong)...not the front turn signal type (running light and turn signal...four prong). So the bulb would only work as a turn signal, running light didn't work. SoCalMotoGear does sell a front amber LED bulb, but it is not on their website and it would take a couple of weeks to arrive because they would have to order it. They do have the white/amber switchback led bulbs, which I'm using now and sent back the two prong amber LED bulbs. The white/amber switchback is white while riding and turns amber when the turn signal is applied. It provides more light and are actually quite nice. And your bike doesn't look like you have two pumpkins when your riding.

VP8
08-22-2014, 01:42 PM
I installed fog light fillers to close the gap between the round Honda LED fog lights and the square housing. I also installed lens covers to protect the fog lights from damage/debris.

Fog light fillers: http://wingstuff.com/products/35205-75mm-smooth-lower-cowl-light-inserts-for-gl1800?from_search=1

Fog light lens covers: http://wingstuff.com/products/31910-fog-lights-3-round-lampguards-w-finger-hole?from_search=1

TerryB
08-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Hey Terry, I love my smoked lenses too. After I installed the smoked lenses, I initially ordered amber incandescent bulbs. I didn't care for the lack of brightness and the look of the amber bulb through the lens. Then I ordered amber LED bulbs from SoCalMotoGear. When I received the amber LED bulbs, they were only for the rear turn signals (two prong)...not the front turn signal type (running light and turn signal...four prong). So the bulb would only work as a turn signal, running light didn't work. SoCalMotoGear does sell a front amber LED bulb, but it is not on their website and it would take a couple of weeks to arrive because they would have to order it. They do have the white/amber switchback led bulbs, which I'm using now and sent back the two prong amber LED bulbs. The white/amber switchback is white while riding and turns amber when the turn signal is applied. It provides more light and are actually quite nice. And your bike doesn't look like you have two pumpkins when your riding.

Actually, this works perfect for me then. I prefer not to have any run lights in the signals, only amber when signaling. I have plenty of light up front with the 2 headlights and 2 fog lights (which I always leave on).

Thanks!

BIGLRY
08-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Actually, this works perfect for me then. I prefer not to have any run lights in the signals, only amber when signaling. I have plenty of light up front with the 2 headlights and 2 fog lights (which I always leave on).

Thanks! +1 :icon_wink:

Drive Jehu
08-22-2014, 05:54 PM
My first C.T..batman-smilie. Put a Michelin Primacy Alpine Pa3 Zero Pressure on. Currently running 34 psi. From Tire Rack it was about $175 to my door, $10 to mount. I have 11,650 miles on Super Bike and the tire was ready to retire.

I made a short run for gas and a quick spin on the highway; 30 miles. My first try using Dana Beads as well, used 3 oz and it seems to be balanced fine. The only difference I noticed so far is a slight bit more effort needed for low speed lean. I had no trouble dragging a peg.... more miles need to evaluate but my first impression is I'm glad I made the change.

XKnight
08-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Wow!!! love the relief effect on the bat!!! You knocked this out of the park! Did you design it, XKnight??? Neil is a master with a CNC!!!

Thanks! I am really happy with the way it turned out. I had sent Neil an old school Batman logo and asked him to make replacement badges for the F6B and this is what he came up with. I was originally wanting a red background to match my super fast red F6B :icon_lol:, but Neil said he didn't do colors although I'd be able to paint the badges if I wanted too. When the badges arrived I loved the look as is and just decided to install them the way they are. I think it's a great contrast with the red/black.

Dirtstiff's F6B
08-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Rode it finally, all be it an hour tonight. This bike is a kick..
Thank you Bro.

bobbyf6b
08-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Wept silently and adjusted the cover which has been on for nearly a month, more rain to come and more tears of despair too no doubt 'stop now':rainyday:

Living in Scotland, isn't rain gear an every day wear item? I would think you'd be used to it. Is it not worth the risk?

bobbyf6b
08-22-2014, 09:17 PM

How do these install? Just glue them on?

Cool Hand Luke
08-22-2014, 10:02 PM
I rode it today. We are having a heat wave here in South Carolina. It was supposed to be over 100 degrees F today. I didn't wait for it. I left around 9am and rode towards the Blue Ridge Parkway to beat the heat. Found some new roads (that's what gps is for), all two lane country roads, even in shade. Got to Hendersonville NC around 12:30, then onwards to Blue Ridge Parkway. Since next weekend I'll be riding the Dragon and other roads in the direction of Cherokee during our rally, I decided to ride to Mount Mitchell. It was a beautiful day, no rain anywhere. My F6B indicated 69 degrees F at Mount Mitchell.

Then I rode back to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. It was only about 6pm and I wasn't tired, so I decided to ride back home (another 160 miles). I intended to stay the night somewhere but went home instead. What can I say, I'm cheap. Made it home around 9:25pm. I did take the highway as it got dark due to fear of deer at night on those backroads.

All in all another great ride!

CheesyRider
09-22-2014, 10:09 AM
BUMP!

I'm surprised that this thread isn't more active. In other motorcycle forums I've joined the "what did you do to your bike" threads usually have the most posts.

Let's hear about what you did with your F6B today!

dickiedeals
09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Changed the Oil, filter,(Shell Rotella T6 OEM Honda Filter) and cleaned the bugs off the shield. Thinking about installing the Madstad I Got during the Franklin NC. Rally....A bit lazy today. First day I've had down time in awhile................Dickie

av8rdave
09-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Rode it into town, met friends at the coffee shop, then headed north into the countryside to let it run. Chilly, but fun.

Hornblower
09-22-2014, 10:55 AM
At the risk of sounding a bit juvenile, especially at my age, I started planning and ordering some items to create a Decepticon theme. This will, of course, include some lighting but other small items to pull it off. In the near future, this will allow me to answer questions about what bike this is in a somewhat different way. Whereas I used to say "Honda" and get those disappointed looks, I will be able to say, "It's a Decepticon". Now, that will be fun :icon_rolleyes: OH, and BTW, there are NO pics YET.

motoman
09-22-2014, 11:19 AM
dry her on a speedy ride and finish her off with a hand dry .

I bet she liked that the best.

:icon_mrgreen: :crackup:

Bike44
09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Today I cleaned and parked my F6B in the garage, maybe for the winter. Temps are in the '20's at night, 30-40's during the day. Might warm up for a few days yet into the low 50's later this week, might not. Snow forecast for tomorrow eve. Such is life in central Alaska.

53driver
09-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Today I am op-checking via a short ride (90 min) all the mods I did over the weekend.
MP3 Voltmeter
MP3 Luggage Rack with baggage attached
Headlight covers
Belly Pan

Just making sure everything stays on functions properly.
Cheers,
Steve

Injun Joe
09-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Saturday I rode in search of changing aspen color. First up Wrist Canyon, then over to Poudre Canyon and further up it. Surprisingly, I had to go all the way to the top of Cameron Pass to find full color -- 10,000 feet.

Some of you will like this: As I was stopped looking for a way to photograph the aspen without a telephoto lens, a couple Harleys and a new Indian passed me on the way down. By the time I started after them, I imagine they were 2-3 miles ahead of me. Now I'm a crappy and conservative rider at the best -- part of my trepidation about coming to the rally. But I told myself if I caught them by the narrows going my normal pace, I'll have made the right choice in going with The Black. I might have pressed just a little bit, but I caught them considerably before the narrows. It's uncanny how well the F6B handles for such a huge bike. Stopped off at Mishawauka Inn for a beer and sandwich to celebrate, then headed down the rest of the way and back home satisfied not only with catching the Indian so easily but with the new position Rocky's Comfort Risers provided.

Yesterday, I just cleaned The Black and watched our Broncos lose once again to Seattle, so not nearly as satisfying a day.

Ridlikhel
09-22-2014, 07:35 PM
My wife and I were able to sneak a little 50 mile ride into the twisting rolling hills of Mid Tennessee in and around Franklin and Thompson's Station.

She liked it, but she wants more support on the back. Hoping the extended backrest support I order does the trick, or I'll be needing a new ride. :icon_rolleyes:

shooter
09-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Put a Show Chrome luggage rack on back. Got the chrome one. If you guys buy this part get a tap and tap the holes out first. The bolts won't even begin to go all the way in the holes. Clean out the holes and install is a snap. I know a lot of you guys like the blacked out look. And that's ok but for me my favorite color is chrome. I know, but I'm old. I'm adding a little at a time till I get a balanced look. Or it's all chrome. Whichever come first. I love this bike guys. It's treating me real good. I ride two up 99% of the time and she handles great. I ride with both my brother in laws who both have Ultra Classics. We take the girls on family rides. Great fun. The B is definitely the class of the field. More torque , more HP , better ride , and the boys know better than to try to pass. They always ask me to lead , I figure the best is out front. When I get those chrome wheels I think we will have them in the looks dept to.

BadDawg
09-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Took it for a 200 mile road trip to Portland, damn I need a throttle lock. Just don't like the options available for heated grips. Had the same one on my last 3 bikes. :(

Big Jay
09-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I threw a sheet over it and plugged in the battery tender, till we get back from Orlando Fl. next week.

bobbyf6b
09-22-2014, 10:33 PM
I checked the air in the tires.

The other day I installed a passenger backrest riser.

Mostly I just add bugs to the front.

decubitus
09-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Aero Pegs. Love 'em.

FF-Ed
09-23-2014, 03:20 PM
put the kids on the bus, and rode it to work! left early enough to get in a few extra miles around town.

will give it a nice bath and a chamois rub, & ride it home in the morning.:icon_biggrin:

40* this morning in Ohio

hiflyer
09-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Took it for a 200 mile road trip to Portland, damn I need a throttle lock. Just don't like the options available for heated grips. Had the same one on my last 3 bikes. :(

Most locks that say won't work on heated grips, actually do. Search the archives. Happy throttlemeister here!

Bike44
09-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Most locks that say won't work on heated grips, actually do. Search the archives. Happy throttlemeister here!

Yes the Throttlemeister lock works well with heated grips. Takes some adjusting of the rubber friction sleeve to turning bar end to get the right fit. Sometimes the rubber sleeve needs to be trimmed an/or washers added to the screw-in mount.

Injun Joe
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Yes the Throttlemeister lock works well with heated grips. Takes some adjusting of the rubber friction sleeve to turning bar end to get the right fit. Sometimes the rubber sleeve needs to be trimmed an/or washers added to the screw-in mount.

Cool! Loved my Throttlemeister on my BMW and love the way the new ones go with the F6B, so that's the way I'll be going.

F6B1911
09-24-2014, 06:11 PM
I took my F6B out for a ride, not to many riding days left north of the Detroit area.
The colors are just starting in a few areas, @#$%, I need to move a bit further south!

53driver
09-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Commuted to work...and took her to dinner. She's happier now, with a nearly full belly.
Cheers,
Steve

Injun Joe
09-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Took her to the shop to finally get my thousand dollars worth of goodies -- minus the Aero Pegs. They are taking forever to come in for some reason.

badpapi
09-25-2014, 05:29 PM
took a old cup holder from my old VTX modify and painted to fit and match my f6 .

53driver
09-25-2014, 08:07 PM
She got a day off today. Rain all day and so she got some quality time with her older sister in the barn.

XKnight
09-25-2014, 08:22 PM
I washed the F6B and put my first coat of liquid wax on. 4K service is scheduled for next week. Love this bike!.batman-smilie.

firetech
09-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Just received my rush exhaust system tonight.
I took off the mufflers and chrome mid exhaust covers to paint tomorrow.
Pic to follow.

Deer Slayer
09-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Just received my rush exhaust system tonight.
I took off the mufflers and chrome mid exhaust covers to paint tomorrow.
Pic to follow.

Go Todd! I am in Western NC at Wings Over the Smokies. I did see a black F6B from SC. SEE YA!:cheers:

53driver
09-26-2014, 09:49 PM
She got her new gloves today, Kury ISOs with a Throttle Boss.
Just like her older sisters.

I have an XL hand and I was really missing the extra diameter of the ISOs compared to the stock grips.
And I did the correct ones for the stock heated grips.

Cheers,
Steve

tmac99
09-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Rode it home after picking up my new 2013 F6B Deluxe (red) from the dealer. I have been shopping around for a new sport tourer for a while. I thought I wanted a BMW 1600 GTL, until I rode the F6B. After my first test ride, it was story over. I never thought I was a cruiser guy, but what a sweet ride - exactly what I was really looking for, I just didn't know it. Got a great deal also, thanks to the imminent arrival of the '15s. :icon_biggrin:

miramiramira
09-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Colorado Springs to home. 2-up. 500 miles to the number. Crossed 10,000 miles. Zzzzzip.

BadDawg
09-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Installed my $1k of Honda accessories. Luggage rack, intercom and smoked windshield. Now I'm headed to Mt St Helens.

F6B1911
09-28-2014, 01:59 PM
My F6B wanted to go for a ride today, so I complied.
Took a trip up to the tip of the thumb and back, Darn it was nippy for the first part of the ride.
Once the sun came out it warmed up nicely.
Tons of bikes on on the road today, everyone else must be getting in the "Last Ride of the Season."

53driver
09-28-2014, 04:36 PM
"Gorgeous" went to the BRC2 today and provided demonstration services for 8 new riders. She was very responsive in the U turn box, didn't skid during quick stops, and showed her power during the "roll" on the slow, look, press and roll procedures. Great day, 7 new licensed riders and one licensed rider gets a training card.

Bringing motorcycling to new riders is a rewarding rush.
Cheers,
Steve

Deer Slayer
09-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Just turned over 20,000 miles on my return from the NC Goldwing get together. Good to see NCF6B and others.:cheers:

SpeedyWho
09-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I added 403 miles to the odo. Thats about it

leroysch
09-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Hooked up a new GPS mount after hacking up the "free" 12V Honda power outlet to get the connector.
Alertly noted that the mounts wiring harness had something that the thingie in the left cubbie could plug into.
Impressed even myself by reading the manual to route audio thru the speakers rather than a headset.

(Never had GPS audio hooked up on a bike....this will be....different.)

Kirkster1520
09-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Well, I just bought mine on Sept 20th. Hauled it home and rode it some the following Sunday and Monday. Then ordered a few accessories on Monday night. They came in while I was out of town last week. I installed the new black Cobra 6-2-6 pipes and Ergo II highway pegs this past Saturday. The pipes look and sound amazing! Went riding a bit Saturday evening. Adjusted the Ergo II pegs and rode more yesterday. Got it past it's 300 mile break in. Now to have fun!

BadDawg
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Ordered the Throttle Meister this morning and walked by her on the way to the airport :icon_frown:

firetech
10-05-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm on call for work, so I can't ride, which sux, because the weather is perfect. But I did get to install my exhaust finally.
Took a short ride around the block, wow do they sound awesome. Thanks to the rally for making my decision on the Rush.

Injun Joe
10-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Got the last of my $1,000 worth of toys bolted on yesterday. The Black just keeps getting better and better. The combination of Rocky's Risers and Rivco Aeros makes it so that something like the Mustang seat would be primarily a fashion statement. The Black is now already super comfortable for me. The center stand is going to be nice for working on the bike as proven in the little bit of detailing I did.

53driver
10-05-2014, 07:01 PM
My pretty girl went to the Range today, but as an observer. She watched as students learned to ride.
We rode home in a rather spirited fashion which she really enjoyed.
She's in bed now, night night.

Scotrod
10-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I,,,,,,,,,, tried hard to see how far she'd go before runnin out gas,,,

Beautiful day for riding,, About 65-70 miles from home, about 3/16th - 1/8th of a tank on the Gauge,,,, I pulled into the station,,, No billfold,,, :icon_doh: Left it at home,,, :spank:

Called the Mrs,,, "SOS!!!!" (Stupid Old Shiet done left his wallet at home!) LOL!!!

Couldn't even buy me a Dr Pepper,,, 'kickthecan'

So,,, I slow-putted back,,, (just under 2500 rpm) She met me at a station about 13 miles from the house. Light was on for 20+, Never did run out. Almost a full needle in the red. 6.1 gallons to fill.

(Hey, it was better than last time!!! She had to wire me cash that day! :shock:)

Ain't gonna be a next time,,, This stupid old shiet stashed some cash on the bike,,,

hiflyer
10-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I,,,,,,,,,, tried hard to see how far she'd go before runnin out gas,,,

Beautiful day for riding,, About 65-70 miles from home, about 3/16th - 1/8th of a tank on the Gauge,,,, I pulled into the station,,, No billfold,,, :icon_doh: Left it at home,,, :spank:

Called the Mrs,,, "SOS!!!!" (Stupid Old Shiet done left his wallet at home!) LOL!!!

Couldn't even buy me a Dr Pepper,,, 'kickthecan'

So,,, I slow-putted back,,, (just under 2500 rpm) She met me at a station about 13 miles from the house. Light was on for 20+, Never did run out. Almost a full needle in the red. 6.1 gallons to fill.

(Hey, it was better than last time!!! She had to wire me cash that day! :shock:)

Ain't gonna be a next time,,, This stupid old shiet stashed some cash on the bike,,,

Been there! That's why I also have a key hidden on the bike along with some cash.

BadDawg
10-06-2014, 09:08 PM
I put my throttlemister on the bike. Let me clarify that. When I opened my garage door headed to the airport UPS just pulled up. He handed me the package and I put it on the seat. :'-(

BadDawg
10-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Okay, I actually installed my Throttle Miester today. Very easy to install and works well. I'd still prefer my old thumb lock one but not available for the heated grips.

Also got ride of my temp plates. That makes me smile.

Dirtstiff's F6B
10-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Got a powder coat quote..

53driver
10-13-2014, 08:43 PM
...and we're ready to travel tomorrow.
Cheers,
Steve

fxdl2051
10-15-2014, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE=bigbird;43237]Here's my report:

You might be interested in my observations of my first oil change.

First, if you have a centre stand which I don't have but am getting, the job will definitely be easier. With my bike on the side stand, my oil drain pan barely fit under the belly pan. I couldn't remove both the drain bolt and the filter at the same time. There was zero clearance for my hand or tools.

Harley makes a very long an low about 3" high plastic drain pan, if you can fit it under a Hawg should work fine on the Honda.

er.medic
10-15-2014, 05:48 PM
I washed her with Dawn dishwashing liquid to get old wax off as best I could. Then coated her with Maguier's Swirl X. Then finished off with her first (of many) coat of Liquid Glass. I am impressed. She really shines. I look forward to get about 10 more coats on her. :icon_biggrin:

53driver
10-15-2014, 08:29 PM
1012 miles door to hotel.
She does NOT like to go slow on the highway.
This could be problematic....
Cheers,
Steve

bobbyf6b
10-31-2014, 08:13 AM
Installed iPod holder yesterday.

bobbyf6b
10-31-2014, 08:22 AM
Got these in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to try them out.

DaWadd
10-31-2014, 08:22 AM
That time of the year in the great white north so I gave her a bath, changed the oil, topped up the tank with ethanol free gas and Amsoil stabilizer, put her on the lift and pulled the battery. It's going to be a long winter. :icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown:

XKnight
10-31-2014, 08:35 AM
I had Helibars installed this week and have been riding and making minor adjustments to get them just where I want them. They were expensive, but worth it if you want to be able to adjust the bars for added comfort. My F6B is just about perfect now.:yes:

bertrider
10-31-2014, 08:43 AM
I connected my Iphone to my intercom system using Kennedy Electronics devices and wiring. Really works well.

bigbird
10-31-2014, 09:06 AM
That time of the year in the great white north so I gave her a bath, changed the oil, topped up the tank with ethanol free gas and Amsoil stabilizer, put her on the lift and pulled the battery. It's going to be a long winter. :icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown:

I'm still on the road.
+10C Sunday, so I'll be out. I'll winterize when snow is here to stay. I'm hoping that's not for at least 2 more weeks yet.

My winter additions will include full LED bulb replacement, digital gear indicator, SpeedoHealer, fork brace, and Fenda Extenda.

dickiedeals
10-31-2014, 09:49 AM
Blew the dust off her after mowing the grass with the garage door open......Almost time for her annual wash...lol....................Dickie

53driver
10-31-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm taking her to the Advanced Rider Course Saturday to shave some paint off that belly-pan......
Cheers,
Steve

olds34dude
10-31-2014, 08:30 PM
took off the luggage rack and seat and disconnected the lock for the right side saddlebag, I am used to having trunks that can be left unlocked and find it a real PITA to have to use the key just to toss a few items in to go for a ride, also half helmets go right in so for a quick stop to be able to toss the helmet in the bag I find a good feature. I'm not real paranoid about someone opening it up, but I wouldn't leave a lot of value in there.
also bought a pair of little blind spot mirrors , yet to install

Steve 0080
10-31-2014, 10:45 PM
I have my bike apart in the garage...doing the SoCal lights in the turn signals ( waiting for switch back bulbs ) while I'm waiting, I am using a tap on all the bolts heads in the seat and will add never seize, 4 down and 4 to go....bought a GL 1800 tall shield, used, to use till the new Clearview shows up....no rush, will be watching the Bronco's game on Sunday and doing a Prime Rib Roast in the new Weber Grill ... Life is Good !!!
I am replacing the LED turn signals I added when the bike was new...will be putting them up for auction in a few days or whenever I get the pic's taken..have a couple of shield to pass on as well...

red dog
11-01-2014, 03:57 AM
rode up to bear divide ....stopped and parked.....watched the storm clouds blow in.....stopped down the hill at suicide curve.....checked out the brand new guard rail all crushed in from the latest drunk to miscalculate the dangers of the road .......one steep cliff on the other side of that guard rail......rode on to the ranger station....stopped and checked out he trail head.......hope this place gets some rain....a few good storms and it will green up real good for awhile..........rode over to tamoshanter stables......pulled my roast beef out of my saddle bag.....not a soul around.....wonder what ever happened to tammy peacock and and her dog named buck?.......I know ill never see her again..........live and learn.....".time waits for no man"........"wish you were here"...........red dog

bobbyf6b
11-01-2014, 11:48 AM
rode up to bear divide ....stopped and parked.....watched the storm clouds blow in.....stopped down the hill at suicide curve.....checked out the brand new guard rail all crushed in from the latest drunk to miscalculate the dangers of the road .......one steep cliff on the other side of that guard rail......rode on to the ranger station....stopped and checked out he trail head.......hope this place gets some rain....a few good storms and it will green up real good for awhile..........rode over to tamoshanter stables......pulled my roast beef out of my saddle bag.....not a soul around.....wonder what ever happened to tammy peacock and and her dog named buck?.......I know ill never see her again..........live and learn.....".time waits for no man"........"wish you were here"...........red dog

:postpics:

Pictures please. .batman-smilie.

53driver
11-01-2014, 03:40 PM

I found this post quite nice without pics. Very ethereal, yet pastoral.
I got to paint my own picture, even down to the color of Ms. Peacock's dog.
Cheers,
Steve

bobbyf6b
11-01-2014, 09:48 PM
I found this post quite nice without pics. Very ethereal, yet pastoral.
I got to paint my own picture, even down to the color of Ms. Peacock's dog.
Cheers,
Steve

I agree but I still like pics. :yes:

red dog
11-01-2014, 10:11 PM
tammy was raised on tamoshanter stables......she was tough and real and full of thruth.......sweet as the spring running through lime kiln creek.....showed me where the southern pacific rattlers hid along the canyon walls......every now and then id pick one up right in the middle with no fear what so ever.....never got bit ......never broke a sweat...love is more powerful than the human mind can even begin to imagine.....buck was a champion Australian shepard......huge feet and a finely chisled head........followed tammy every where as she roamed the santa susanna mountains on horse back.....one day I turned my back and they were gone forever........I will never forget .......and I will always return....to the sacred places that guard my soul.......from the limiitations of the human condition........

Steve 0080
11-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Finally got the SoCal Turn signals installed...had to order new pig tails for the turn signals... now I am almost as bright as Hornblower !!!!!

yabiah
11-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Air filter removal and K&N replacement install.
Took me 3.5 hours.

bigbird
11-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Put mine to sleep for the winter. Sad day.

erazor55
11-03-2014, 08:57 PM
9513 added a nice bolt to my rear tire:icon_frown:

Steve 0080
11-03-2014, 09:41 PM
That sucks !!!!!!!

fxdl2051
11-04-2014, 06:34 AM
and I will always return....to the sacred places that guard my soul.......from the limiitations of the human condition........[/QUOTE]
That is one of the finest, most heartfelt pieces of prose I have read on this forum or most anyplace else for that matter.

Blotar
11-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I put torque loopz today. It took all day, but Wow! What a difference they made. Much power and i am still giddy with the sound!
Blotar:icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
11-04-2014, 07:25 PM
I put torque loopz today. It took all day, but Wow! What a difference they made. Much power and i am still giddy with the sound!

Is the drone gone? Can you post up a video for us? I'm interested in them but don't want to waste more money.

Steve 0080
11-04-2014, 07:49 PM

Well now I am jealous !!!!!!!!! Every one keeps talking me out of this !!! :yikes:

dickiedeals
11-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Rode mine Yesterday North To Daytona Fl. To Corbin so my Cousin could give them his money, Then to Destination Daytona to give up a few hundred more, Then to Holuagan's for chow and a nice ride back south to the house.
Today the wife and I with the Cousins from Ga. are off to the Winery mid state and wherever else we decide. Great Weather 80 degrees blue skys. More later ...................Dickie

dickiedeals
11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Is the drone gone? Can you post up a video for us? I'm interested in them but don't want to waste more money.

Turn the stereo up! No stinking drone! sorry I couldn't resist....................................Dickie

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-06-2014, 09:59 PM

99m3
12-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Installed pegs and battery tender leads.99679966

hiflyer
12-22-2014, 11:02 AM
What did you do to your F6B today?
There are probably a lot of things folks do to their F6Bs that may not warrant a whole new topic. This thread is a place to post such things.

Added the Riderscan mirror. Made and shipped from the UK. I think I'm going to like this new farkle.

53driver
12-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Added the Rider view mirror. Made and shipped from the UK. I think I'm going to like this new farkle.

...doubles as a vanity mirror...you can remain in the seat, remove your helmet, shake your mane and ensure your "Fabio" is good to go before leaving the saddle.

hiflyer
12-22-2014, 11:33 AM
...doubles as a vanity mirror...you can remain in the seat, remove your helmet, shake your mane and ensure your "Fabio" is good to go before leaving the saddle.

Lost my mane many years ago......but not my mojo!

er.medic
12-31-2014, 07:39 PM
Installed SoCal Moto Gear switchback lights and rear LED's. They are much brighter than stock. Very pleased with end result.

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-31-2014, 08:29 PM
Finished installing powder coated parts.
Installed -
Iridium plugs, Mobil syn oil and filter change, checked the diff and antifreeze, a killer wax job and topped it off with a 30 mile jaunt around the hood at 30 degrees. Cold for us this far west.
Happy New Year
J

db24
01-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Finally installed amber LED turn signals on my mirrors, http://store.valueaccessories.net/MirrorLEDTurnSignalsGL1800andF6B.aspx

30 minutes if you take a break to watch part of the Rose Bowl parade!

Deer Slayer
01-01-2015, 03:20 PM
28 degrees on departure, 50 degrees on return. Sunny, 138 miles and lunch with Carolina Cruisers as every New Years day.:039::cheers:

RickW
01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
I finally got around to sticking the Chrome Kill Switch Accent (http://store.valueaccessories.net/ChromeKillSwitchAccentGL1800GL1500andF6B.aspx) on. Got them in a few months ago, was going to put it on then, not sure what happened.
Install time, 1 minute while watching TV.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/6708391.JPG

Amipro
01-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Installed my new Clearview windshield.
Here is the difference in size from the stock windshield (clear) and the Clearview (dark tint) medium shield.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Installed my new Clearview windshield.
Here is the difference in size from the stock windshield (clear) and the Clearview (dark tint) medium shield.

What does it measure from the shelter shelf to the top? Do you ride with a passenger often? How do they like it?
Thanks
Jim

Amipro
01-02-2015, 08:30 AM
What does it measure from the shelter shelf to the top? Do you ride with a passenger often? How do they like it?
Thanks
Jim

From the top of the rubber cowl seal, the new windshield measures 14 1/4", from the top of the shelf it measures 12". I've got it at the lowest setting, I can raise it an additional 3/4" if needed. I am 5' 11" and my eye level is about 1-2" above the shield. I ride solo, the wife has her own ride. My last bike was a GL1500 with a Tulsa tall windshield. The stock F6B windshield felt like it was not even there. Haven't had a chance to test the new windshield.

bobbyf6b
01-02-2015, 08:18 PM
I installed the Wig Wag brake light modulator. Look for the thread for pics and video. :yes:

RickW
01-09-2015, 06:18 PM
I finally got around to installing separate switched supply power to some of the accent lighting. Used a double diode assembly that I made up for each light so the lights could be powered up when the key is on or when the bike is sitting from a switch. The diode's allow just the specific light to be lit and not back feed into the bikes running lights.
Also got around to installing the Ring of Fire on the Front and Rear Rotor Covers.
I am starting the Fusion LED Lighting (http://store.valueaccessories.net/Fusion21ColorLEDLightingGoldWingKits.aspx) now, got some of it done on the right side along with lighting up the instrument cluster. I am going to put together a Fusion LED Lighting Kit Schematic which shows wiring, LED sizes and locations for an F6B when I'm done.
Hopefully get time to finish most of it this weekend.

Steve 0080
01-09-2015, 06:43 PM
OK...now I am jealous Rick !!!!

vstar09
01-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Finally installed amber LED turn signals on my mirrors, http://store.valueaccessories.net/MirrorLEDTurnSignalsGL1800andF6B.aspx

30 minutes if you take a break to watch part of the Rose Bowl parade!

Mine are sitting in the garage Thinking about installing the tomorrow......How was the install...?

bigbird
01-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Unboxed and assembled my new J & S floor jack.
As soon as it warms up in my garage to at least the freezing mark, I'll uncover my bike, maneuver it out away from the wall, and get it up off the floor.
Then I can easily move it about on the jack to start my new installs. No more crawling around on the floor for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2P32a9AQik

vstar09
01-10-2015, 04:54 PM
I installed the Wig Wag brake light modulator. Look for the thread for pics and video. :yes:

Been looking at those....Is it plug and play or a complicated wiring job.? Had a kury RTB on my Vstar it sure got peoples attention.....any info would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

bigbird
01-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Been looking at those....Is it plug and play or a complicated wiring job.? Had a kury RTB on my Vstar it sure got peoples attention.....any info would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

Why not go Kury again?

Here's a link to a video of how easy it is to install:

http://wingstuff.com/products/21106-pulsating-brake-light-controller

vstar09
01-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Why not go Kury again?

Here's a link to a video of how easy it is to install:

http://wingstuff.com/products/21106-pulsating-brake-light-controller

Thanks that may be an option.....Have found some of the Kury products to be made kinda cheap....also looking for some risers its between ROCKEYS OR MBL.....Both are American made I believe.....anyone use this Kury brake lite controller..? Hows the install? Thanks

BadDawg
01-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Added my badges from Hambly

luisjromero
01-14-2015, 05:02 PM
2 weeks waiting for a new Mustang Tripper Fastback Deluxe (Tuck and Roll Center)...finally is here but I wasn't able to put in the motorcycle. I was fighting against the lateral screws and after a couple of hours I gave up (shame on me!!!!)
Watching the video looks very easy, but...was impossible for me. I'm so frustrated and disappointed...:banghead:

shooter
01-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Got my Michelin Primacy Alpin mounted on my new chrome rear wheel. Gonna try to get it on the bike before the weekend. Mid fifties Saturday. Riding weather for sure.

bigbird
01-14-2015, 05:40 PM
Installed a Kury fork brace.

It was an easy job, but the instructions on final adjustment were certainly not written by any technical writer.
The instructions said to make sure the spacing between the outer side clamps and the inner brace were equidistant (my word).

What they neglected to say was make sure the spacing between the outer side clamps and the inner brace were equidistant both on the front and rear of both clamps. Someone could install the side clamps out of square if they followed Kury's instructions.

After installation I wasn't happy with the amount of the fork slider exposed to the elements and bugs. The Kury brace's fork shield doesn't extend as high up the fork sliders as did the factory plastic fork shield.
I installed a set of these. I had a set on my previous bike and they worked great at keeping dried bug guts and road muck from getting into the fork seals and cutting the seals:

http://www.nojgear.com/NOJ_Neoprene_Fork_Guards_p/fgnl01-01.htm

opas ride
01-14-2015, 05:42 PM
2 weeks waiting for a new Mustang Tripper Fastback Deluxe (Tuck and Roll Center)...finally is here but I wasn't able to put in the motorcycle. I was fighting against the lateral screws and after a couple of hours I gave up (shame on me!!!!)
Watching the video looks very easy, but...was impossible for me. I'm so frustrated and disappointed...:banghead:

You need to order from Value Accessories new aftermarket seat bolts....Part #BP52-843 Tapered Seat Bolt Set for Honda GoldWing f6B..The stock bolts will not work without a "huge", if not impossible, hassle to install this seat...Do not buy the ones from "Wingstuff" as they are too short and will not work, I know as I tried them with my dealer tech for over an hour. The newer up-dated ones from Value Accessories are longer than stock and will do the job.....Good Luck and be patient, the seat is a first class "pain in the ass" to install but works great once on the bike!!! The stock bolts will just barely fit and hold on, but it is not worth the effort...Get the newer stainless steel ones....

luisjromero
01-14-2015, 06:15 PM
You need to order from Value Accessories new aftermarket seat bolts....Part #BP52-843 Tapered Seat Bolt Set for Honda GoldWing f6B..The stock bolts will not work without a "huge", if not impossible, hassle to install this seat...Do not buy the ones from "Wingstuff" as they are too short and will not work, I know as I tried them with my dealer tech for over an hour. The newer up-dated ones from Value Accessories are longer than stock and will do the job.....Good Luck and be patient, the seat is a first class "pain in the ass" to install but works great once on the bike!!! The stock bolts will just barely fit and hold on, but it is not worth the effort...Get the newer stainless steel ones....

Well, I feel much better now because there are an explanation beyond my miserable mechanical skills ...thanks for your technical advices, I'll follow them.

Best regards, opas ride!

PD...already ordered :yes:

bigbird
01-14-2015, 07:31 PM
Well, I feel much better now because there are an explanation beyond my miserable mechanical skills .

Don't sell yourself short.
A brain surgeon has to be more than just competent with the various hand and powered tools you use in your profession.
A tool is a tool. I'm sure you can wrench with the best of them.

GiddyupF6B
01-14-2015, 07:45 PM
I installed the Healtech GIpro gear indicator, tore the dash apart for my blue led's that will be tied into the ignition, took all the panels apart and started to measure for my RGB led lights, and installed brake light modulator........this weekend I'm going to drill through the dash for a bolt to secure the Zumo to the center dash so I can leave it on the bike at all times. I love me some winter projects........

fatrboy
01-14-2015, 09:05 PM
I have owned my red F6B since 2/20/14. My previous favorite bike was my '97 Valk. Tourer. My F6b is best bike I've owned, just added the shield 15" with vent. I am 6', and I have no wind buffeting, while being able to see over it. I also bolted on black mini foot boards, Kuryakyn chrome brake pedal, and smoked turn signal lenses. Next addition, Kuryakyn rear LED lights, and MC Cruise control from Australia. I had a bagger shield split windscreen, but was either looking through it, or being slammed with air to my upper chest. Ride hard, ride safe, Fatrboy
1964 Honda P-50
1970 Honda CB 350
1976 Honda 750 sport
1977 Honda GL 1000
1978 Yamaha XL 1200
1979 Yamaha XL 1200 Custom
1983 Yamaha 1300 Venture Royale
1997 Valkyrie Tourer
2004 Yamaha Roadstar
2013 Honda Red F6B

luisjromero
01-15-2015, 02:55 AM
Don't sell yourself short.
A brain surgeon has to be more than just competent with the various hand and powered tools you use in your profession.
A tool is a tool. I'm sure you can wrench with the best of them.

That is very kind of you. I will try to remember...when using longer screws recommended by opas ride:thumb:

Regards

blackmetoc
01-17-2015, 12:47 PM
It didn't take long. I put a new seat on it this morning and rode around Calvert County, MD for a bit.

opas ride
01-17-2015, 02:02 PM
It didn't take long. I put a new seat on it this morning and rode around Calvert County, MD for a bit.

Did you have any trouble with the seat rails using the stock bolts or did you use the newer up-dated ones that are longer and tapered to make the install a lot easier???

choptop
01-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Got my WIK valve for changing the oil in the mail today along w/my Show Chrome filter wrench and an F6b lid organizer, was like Christmas.
Have a polished/coated rear rim off a '13 Goldwing on the way.\
Long time till riding weather though.:icon_frown::icon_frown:

53driver
01-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Went out to the barn and talked nicely to her.
12 degrees this morning, not taking her anywhere.
Too cold to do any add-ons. Don't want things to snap......including my patience.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Bought a spray can of powder coat - touch up paint from my pc friend and painted my passenger footboards. They even soda blasted them for nothing.
Never knew such an aerosol powder coat product existed. Goes on better than regular spray paint. Tuff on the lungs and eyes without protection and a fan, though. $20 bucks a bottle. Cardinal brand.
J

BobinMich
01-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Installed battery tender...since its been too cold to do since I picked up a few wks ago!

six2go
01-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Replaced the Clearview Sport windshield with a Clearview Sport touring model of the same height. Also started her up for the first time since the 3rd week of October. Ready for Spring :icon_biggrin:

blackmetoc
01-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Did you have any trouble with the seat rails using the stock bolts or did you use the newer up-dated ones that are longer and tapered to make the install a lot easier???

No real trouble, but lost a washer so had to go to the big jar O' washers to replace it.

Doug44
01-17-2015, 09:59 PM
Replaced the Clearview Sport windshield with a Clearview Sport touring model of the same height. Also started her up for the first time since the 3rd week of October. Ready for Spring :icon_biggrin:

Is the sport shield now 4 sale & if so what height & tint is it. I am going to order a shield this co ing week hopefully unless I find a used one here.

Thanks Doug

six2go
01-17-2015, 10:13 PM
Is the sport shield now 4 sale & if so what height & tint is it. I am going to order a shield this co ing week hopefully unless I find a used one here.

Thanks Doug
Doug,
I think I'm gonna hang on to it as a back up. It does have a tiny stone chip so I wouldn't be comfortable selling it. I also have a dark tint Cee Bailey's(11") that worked well for me that I would part with, but I would really recommend the Clearview.

Thanks for the interest,
Doug (see a pattern here?)

Doug44
01-18-2015, 12:01 AM
Doug,
I think I'm gonna hang on to it as a back up. It does have a tiny stone chip so I wouldn't be comfortable selling it. I also have a dark tint Cee Bailey's(11") that worked well for me that I would part with, but I would really recommend the Clearview.

Thanks for the interest,
Doug (see a pattern here?)

Yes I sure do see a pattern here ha hopefully by learning from others here I can avoid some of it. You can help me here, tell me how would you judge how Clearview and CB compare on how they measure there height. I am pretty sure for my eyesight and riding I want a clear or light tint. I sat on a 2015 GL1800 today and with that shield all the way down I could still look over the shield it measured 17 inches from the dash to the top of the shield using the dash point where Clearview uses. I know when I had my 2006 GL1800 I rode it that way and it was good with the shield down but I am thinking the F6B sits me a tad or 2 lower in the saddle than a GL1800. I am only 5' 7 but tall from the waist up and I am guessing a medium Clearview would be a good fit. Coming off a adventure bike I am use to a lot of air and wind noise and actually like some air on me. I hate a GL1800 with a barn door for a shield so thinking a medium or even short Clearview Sport. So given this information about my height and wants, what do you feel would be the better choice.

six2go
01-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Yes I sure do see a pattern here ha hopefully by learning from others here I can avoid some of it. You can help me here, tell me how would you judge how Clearview and CB compare on how they measure there height. I am pretty sure for my eyesight and riding I want a clear or light tint. I sat on a 2015 GL1800 today and with that shield all the way down I could still look over the shield it measured 17 inches from the dash to the top of the shield using the dash point where Clearview uses. I know when I had my 2006 GL1800 I rode it that way and it was good with the shield down but I am thinking the F6B sits me a tad or 2 lower in the saddle than a GL1800. I am only 5' 7 but tall from the waist up and I am guessing a medium Clearview would be a good fit. Coming off a adventure bike I am use to a lot of air and wind noise and actually like some air on me. I hate a GL1800 with a barn door for a shield so thinking a medium or even short Clearview Sport. So given this information about my height and wants, what do you feel would be the better choice.
Cee Bailey and Clear View measure their shields differently. My 11" CB was only marginally shorter than the Small(14"-14 3/4") Clearview using the Clearview method. I am 5'8" so we're close in size. The 11" CB kept the pressure from my chest & face and allowed some air to hit right at the top of my helmet. Worked, but still had to max out the radio to hear it at speed. I figured that the recurve at the top of the Clearview would throw the air over my helmet, and it did. I mounted it in the low(14")position and rode that way all of last Summer. Somewhere I picked up a very tiny stone chip and with it being the dark tint, it was noticeable to me(nobody else could see it but I knew it was there). That bugged me enough that I felt I wanted to get a new shield so I thought I'd try the Sport Touring this time. I mounted it in the high position(14 3/4") and sat on the bike(on the center stand). I can easily see over it and from my experience with the Sport model I think it's going to be just fine. If it hadn't been for that little stone chip, I would not have bought the new shield.

blackmetoc
01-18-2015, 10:43 PM
It rained pretty hard here this morning so the bike had to be dried off, so i dried it as it should be dried... At the speed limit and not above the speed limit, I am certain. :shhh:

Hornblower
01-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Installed CB antenna today with DeerSlayer's (Foggy Bottom Motor Works) custom-fabricated bracket. Thanks to DS, the installation went great and looks great. See here:

While I wasn't looking, DS added something a little extra...

Gotta watch that guy every minute :icon_redface:

Mastergunny
01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
It was a nice Hi Desert afternoon so the wife and I took a ride up the Paniment Valley in So. Cal. 65' was not bad in a sweatshirt.10727

bigbird
01-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Removed rear fender and installed Whelen TIR3 LED light in place of the red reflector.
I was going to recess the light using Whelen's special gasket. On taking off the reflector, I could see that a lot of plastic surgery would be necessary to cut an opening for the gasket. Not only would it affect the integrity of the plastic housing that holds the licence plate mount and licence plate light mount, it would also remove half the splash shielding that protects the exposed wiring from rear tire splash and kick-up.
I decided to just surface mount the TIR3 instead of recessing it. Reward didn't outweigh risk on this one.

Next I'll remove the backrest, luggage rack, and the seat to get at the wiring to install a Kury 908 brake light controller for the rear brake lights and the TIR3 so they all operate in harmony.
I also need to access the DLC under the seat for my digital gear indicator, to install at a later date.

I'll need to put a 2 pin quick disconnect in for the TIR3.
Otherwise, if/when I need to remove the rear fender for tire service, I would have to cut the wires to the TIR3.

From the left, pic 1 is of the TIR3 mounted where the reflector was
To the right, this shows the 4 coloured wires from the TIR3 passing through a grommeted hole into the protected area on the inside of the fender (I drilled the hole to match the grommet size). If I were to have used the recessed grommet from Whelen, that large black separator though which the wires pass would have to be cut out.
Next, a pic of the tire side of the fender. I used waterproof electrical mastic to seal the back of the TIR3 and the grommet. I then wrapped the 4 TIR3 wires with Scotch 33 electrical tape. I may yet add a short piece of split loom armor over the electrical tape.
Last pic on the far right, a larger view of pic #3. To the right of the 4 coloured TIR3 wires is the electrical connector for the licence plate light.

As I continue with the install of the brake modulator, I'll post more pics showing where I'll tap into the brake filament wire (green with red stripe) leaving the harness under the seat, and the quick molex disconnect for the red and black TIR3 wires. Only 2 of the 4 TIR3 wires are connected (red and black). The other two (grey and white) are used for synch and flash pattern setup respectively.

Doug44
01-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Cee Bailey and Clear View measure their shields differently. My 11" CB was only marginally shorter than the Small(14"-14 3/4") Clearview using the Clearview method. I am 5'8" so we're close in size. The 11" CB kept the pressure from my chest & face and allowed some air to hit right at the top of my helmet. Worked, but still had to max out the radio to hear it at speed. I figured that the recurve at the top of the Clearview would throw the air over my helmet, and it did. I mounted it in the low(14")position and rode that way all of last Summer. Somewhere I picked up a very tiny stone chip and with it being the dark tint, it was noticeable to me(nobody else could see it but I knew it was there). That bugged me enough that I felt I wanted to get a new shield so I thought I'd try the Sport Touring this time. I mounted it in the high position(14 3/4") and sat on the bike(on the center stand). I can easily see over it and from my experience with the Sport model I think it's going to be just fine. If it hadn't been for that little stone chip, I would not have bought the new shield.

OK thanks for everything I struggled between the Clearview & the CB. I know you choose the Clearview. Yesterday I ordered the 13" CB with a vent in clear. I have in the past with other bikes had excellent results with CB shields. After talking to a gentleman at CB and measuring the way he suggested hopefully this will be the correct height the 13.

Westernbiker
01-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Uh........Hummmmmmmm........Lets see............I.........added air in the tires.:icon_mrgreen:

gordon
01-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Had trailer hitch installed in prepartion of getting a camping trailer this spring also had a center stand installed at the same time to make air checks easier.

bigbird
01-20-2015, 09:07 PM
"I'll need to put a 2 pin quick disconnect in for the TIR3. "

I was going to go with non waterproof 2 pin Radio Shack molex connectors.

After a quick eBay search, I found and ordered these. At that price for 5 with free shipping for pre-wired waterproof connectors, I'll give them a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161338029319?item=161338029319&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:CA:3160&vxp=mtr

Deer Slayer
01-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Installed CB antenna today with DeerSlayer's (Foggy Bottom Motor Works) custom-fabricated bracket. Thanks to DS, the installation went great and looks great. See here:

While I wasn't looking, DS added something a little extra...

Gotta watch that guy every minute :icon_redface:

Glad to do it. Your cb is performing well also. The addition is for da folks who wander up and ask "Is that a Harley?" Daayyuuuummm !funnychit.:cheers:

bigbird
01-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Installed a Kury 7104 chrome sidestand.
Not only is it shiny, but the pad surface is a lot bigger than stock (no worries on hot summer asphalt now) and it is a much more substantial piece of metal than the stock side stand. I included a pic of the exhaust spring tool I used to take off and reinstall the spring. Without a tool like that the spring would not be easy to remove.

F6B1911
01-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Removed rear fender and installed Whelen TIR3 LED light in place of the red reflector.
I was going to recess the light using Whelen's special gasket. On taking off the reflector, I could see that a lot of plastic surgery would be necessary to cut an opening for the gasket. Not only would it affect the integrity of the plastic housing that holds the licence plate mount and licence plate light mount, it would also remove half the splash shielding that protects the exposed wiring from rear tire splash and kick-up.
I decided to just surface mount the TIR3 instead of recessing it. Reward didn't outweigh risk on this one.

I thought the same thing, but really wanted the recessed look.
All in all it was only minor surgery, it came out very nice and the structural integrity seems to be near stock.
If you are worried about it, there someone selling the entire rear fender assembly for a mere $25.00 on eBay.

shooter
01-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Finally got the V&H exhaust on. Quick job. Only took 45 minutes. Love the sound. Deep and Throaty.

RLatt
01-21-2015, 09:04 PM
I pick her up on Saturday morning. The people in this forum are responsible for my buying this awesome motorcycle. Thanks to all of you.

bigbird
01-21-2015, 09:13 PM
I pick her up on Saturday morning. The people in this forum are responsible for my buying this awesome motorcycle. Thanks to all of you.

Please post some pics on delivery.
And an audio clip of the exhaust sound would be nice too if possible.

:congrats:

CheesyRider
01-21-2015, 09:26 PM

:clap2: Congrats! I think you'll be the first one here with a blue 2015. Be sure to post up lot of pics. I'm planning to get my blue 2015 in April and I need some pics to tide me over.

53driver
01-21-2015, 09:46 PM

...audio sound...which we will listen to on our "cheesy computer speakers." Lol.
You crack me up, mate! Thanks! :lolup:

bigbird
01-21-2015, 09:56 PM
...audio sound...which we will listen to on our "cheesy computer speakers." Lol.
You crack me up, mate! Thanks! :lolup:

No cheesy computer speakers for me. I'm using high end speakers with subwoofer. I found a streaming train cam with audio. The locomotive's horns sound like the real deal right in my house.
I'm sure they would do the F6B's exhaust note justice.

bigbird
01-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Today was the Rivco Aero pegs (chrome).
No pictures, as everyone's seen them before and they are the easiest install. No gotcha's.
I sat on the bike up on the lift, with my feet on the pegs in the farthest forward position, and it felt perfect.
Now just another 70 days approximately to try it out.

Tomorrow, back to the wiring for the brake light modulator.

RLatt
01-22-2015, 06:00 PM

Will do my best to post photos, but haven't ever posted an audio clip before. I can tell you that is is a sweet exhaust sound. The salesperson says it isn't the same as a Valk - says it lower and a little louder. It's supposed to be in the mid 50's here on Saturday.....:icon_cool:

luisjromero
01-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Finally I have the Mustang seat and the Klock windshield...I´m pleased with them, work perfectly,the comfort and the sound have been pretty improved and the bike looks really cool. Next week will be the Ergo II :icon_biggrin:

bigbird
01-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Finished my install of a Whelen TIR3 LED extra brake light, in conjunction with wiring all brake lights up to a Kuryakyn brake modulator.

I temporarily put the battery back in to check the wiring on completion. It looks great, and the Kury flashing pattern was the best I've seen so far, about 10 progressive flashes from fast to slow over 4 seconds, then goes to solid red.

I cut the green/red brake light wire at the connector under the seat, which is to the right of the relay box, as you sit on the bike. I was going to cut the wire on the rear part of the connector, but the bundle was too tight and confined to split it there. Instead I went to the engine side of the connector and spliced the Kury module in there. For the ground for both the module and the TIR3 LED I used the bolt holding the right saddlebag to the frame. I soldered the positive of the TIR3 LED to the power out from the module, so that the module feeds both the stock rear brake lights and the TIR3.

It was too hard to take a video with the iPhone while pulling on a string to activate the brake lights at the same time. I'll post a proper video when all my mods are complete in the Spring.

Next will be removing the top shelter to change the flasher relay to the electronic LED flasher compatible with LED turn signal bulbs. Once that's done in will go all LED turn signals and the Muth LED mirrors.

Amipro
01-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Installed a Kury forkbrace and adjusted the preload on the back end.'riding'
Very happy with the way it rides.

bigbird
01-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Installed my electronic flasher for my socalmoto LED turn signal and brake light kit. It was an adventure taking apart the dash for the first time. It wasn't difficult, but I went slowly, as it seemed every electrical connector had a different type and location for its release.

From the pics you can see the bike with the meter panel removed, and then the gauge cluster removed. By accessing the flasher from the instrument side of the dash I avoided removing all the front plastic and windscreen, which seemed like more work.

Next you can see a closeup of the area behind the meter gauge where the stock flasher is located. The stock flasher gets disconnected, and the new flasher just plugs into the harness. If anyone wants details, just ask or PM me. There are a few gotcha's that can make this a PITA if you don't think them through.
Those two large connectors to the meter gauge cluster have their release tabs on top of the connectors. You can only remove them by feel. The release tabs are easy to press, but much wiggling is required to separate the male and female. The reverse is true for the single electrical connector for the meter panel. Its connector is hard to press, but easy to separate.

You can see the new flasher module in the centre of the pictures between the connectors. It is the shiny cylinder that says "electronic" on it.

choptop
01-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Ordered a Darkside tire,Toyo Proxes 195/55/16, I like the tread pattern.

eloyo79
01-27-2015, 09:32 PM
Rode the Crosstown Expressway through Tampa; weather is great down here!

cwjj2001
01-27-2015, 10:10 PM

Anyone who lives 200 miles north or who lives South of 30degrees latitude can no longer post how great it is to ride in Dec, Jan, or Feb....got it!!!:banghead::banghead::impatient:lol

cwjj2001
01-27-2015, 10:17 PM
I finally put my new plate on the beast!!!:yikes:

Phantom
01-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Anyone who lives 200 miles north or who lives South of 30degrees latitude can no longer post how great it is to ride in Dec, Jan, or Feb....got it!!!:banghead::banghead::impatient:lol

What are these in the video ??? :poke:

:popcorn:

http://youtu.be/pxSkLDjKeLY

Vudu_52
01-27-2015, 11:57 PM
Installed the OEM backrest and centrestand yesterday and today. I'm slow......

I didn't have instruction for either and the backrest took three attempts as I worked through it.
Finally have it sussed....I think?

The centrestand (instructions were on the internet), was easy install, but the panels were fiddly to get back right.
Next time will be a lot easier

bobbyf6b
01-28-2015, 12:16 AM
Rode to work. Rode home from work. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? "coffee"

Navvet
01-28-2015, 10:40 AM
What are these in the video ??? :poke:

http://youtu.be/pxSkLDjKeLY

That is what you put on your bike when you want to ride up north ....:yikes:

mikey
01-29-2015, 01:10 PM
rode to work. high of 58 today n. ga. area

bigbird
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Installed J & M speakers.

They sounded much better than stock.

I wanted desperately to fire up the bike and go for a ride.
Only 60 more days, hopefully.

Airborne06
01-29-2015, 06:57 PM

...And it will be 77 degrees for Superbowl Sunday! :clap2:

cwjj2001
01-31-2015, 03:43 PM
Ever since I installed the HID's I hated the fact that the color did not match between HI and Low beam. SoCal addressed this issue with these led bulbs; these thing are awesome!!!:yikes:
Take a look!!!

bigbird
02-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Too cold to work in the garage today, but I ordered a socalmotogear HID low beam kit (6000K to match the LED fog's colour), and the headlight bypass delay to complement it.
Now I will have full LED illumination, save for the high beams.

WingThing
02-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Added new Kury grips to the wing on Saturday. Easy enough to install and they work great. Also took off the emblems front and back. Makes the bike look allot cleaner
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Andys%202013%20Honda%20GoldWing%20F6B/d34e4ae0-20f4-436e-abb8-c76ebeac7a46_zps48a7349d.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Andys%202013%20Honda%20GoldWing%20F6B/20150131_180211_zpso30s8oam.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Andys%202013%20Honda%20GoldWing%20F6B/20150131_180153_zpslf7ry1d8.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Andys%202013%20Honda%20GoldWing%20F6B/20150131_180057_zpsuz3k6bz9.jpg

Steve 0080
02-03-2015, 11:14 AM
cwjj2001.... Why LED's over HID's and what was the price difference??? Mine, both HID.

bigbird
02-03-2015, 11:41 AM
WingThing, better clean your mirrors :icon_laugh:

What are you hiding?

cwjj2001
02-03-2015, 08:58 PM
cwjj2001.... Why LED's over HID's and what was the price difference??? Mine, both HID.

I think the bulbs were around $50; Im trying to ball on a budget...lol! Stay out of it Tony...
Plus I don't have to find another place for the ballast. They look better than I thought they would!

Phantom
02-03-2015, 09:03 PM
I think the bulbs were around $50; Im trying to ball on a budget...lol! Stay out of it Tony...
:shrug:

:moon:

Johncmendenhall
02-04-2015, 02:20 AM
New passenger back rest,
The one from show chrome.

WingThing
02-04-2015, 11:37 AM
WingThing, better clean your mirrors :icon_laugh:

What are you hiding?

You'll never know.....lol.:lolup:

WingThing
02-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Installed a Kury forkbrace and adjusted the preload on the back end.'riding'
Very happy with the way it rides.

I've never checked mine. What setting is it at from the factory and what did you change it to? Did you set it for a softer ride or a more firm setting? I'm thinking like I'd want to a bit more firm with the setting on mine.

bigbird
02-04-2015, 12:10 PM
I've never checked mine. What setting is it at from the factory and what did you change it to? Did you set it for a softer ride or a more firm setting? I'm thinking like I'd want to a bit more firm with the setting on mine.

From the factory they come on the lowest setting. Most set theirs midway, about 17 of the 34 "clicks".

opas ride
02-04-2015, 03:27 PM
From the factory they come on the lowest setting. Most set theirs midway, about 17 of the 34 "clicks".

So if I understand this shock thing it is okay to leave it at the factory setting if your satisfied??..Adjusting the rear shock to a higher setting makes the ride a little more harsh/firm?..Is is necessary to adjust if you ride only one-up and weigh about 195lbs.?? No luggage usually....

Hornblower
02-04-2015, 04:07 PM
So if I understand this shock thing it is okay to leave it at the factory setting if your satisfied??..Adjusting the rear shock to a higher setting makes the ride a little more harsh/firm?..Is is necessary to adjust if you ride only one-up and weigh about 195lbs.?? No luggage usually....

Sure, if you're happy, leave it alone. OTOH, considering how easy this adjustment is made, and considering rider weight of just under 200 lbs., I would advise experimenting with the setting. You may just find an improvement in overall handling by doing so. Increasing the rear preload on my bike didn't seem to add harshness at all but it did raise the rear which is mainly what I was after. The end goal is to get front and rear suspensions working together. When you sit on your bike and the rear sags more than the forks, you need to add rear preload.

2kewlgypsy
02-04-2015, 04:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken - the manual says to turn it one click - like it comes from the dealer at 0 and you want at least a 1?

bigbird
02-04-2015, 06:02 PM
I adjusted mine to mid-level. I ride 50/50 alone and two up. I'm no heavyweight either, weighing about 210 in my gear. My wife's a lightweight at about 110. I find the half way setting to be perfect, either alone, or with passenger.

naga viper
02-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I added 20 new florescent light fixtures to see her better. :shock:

vstar09
02-04-2015, 07:31 PM
150lbs ride solo and 2 up that makes 275 set mine on 6....

yellow rex
02-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Well after a few months I finally finished my saddle bag lights, one pic is with the garage lights on
the other garage lights out, what do you think?

Vudu_52
02-04-2015, 10:35 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt1/vudu52/b0d0b5a1f73f6a99887a72acc93892b7_zpsd4b0ba1f.jpg

Averaging 19Km/L, even with the extra weight!

MinnetonkaMike
02-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Well after a few months I finally finished my saddle bag lights, one pic is with the garage lights on

solid mod! :yes:

WingThing
02-05-2015, 07:33 AM
I adjusted mine to mid-level. I ride 50/50 alone and two up. I'm no heavyweight either, weighing about 210 in my gear. My wife's a lightweight at about 110. I find the half way setting to be perfect, either alone, or with passenger.

Thanks guys for the info. I'm going to set it at half way and see how that is. I'm 6'00 230lbs with the occasional Fräulein passenger so I'm thinking based on what you all have said that, that might be at least a good place to start.

F6B1911
02-05-2015, 05:39 PM

That's excellent, I should to that too. Did you set it up on a switch that turns the lights on when the saddlebag is opened?

yellow rex
02-06-2015, 12:24 AM
No I just used the switch that is already in the bag.

bobbyf6b
02-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Experimenting with pinstripes.

bobbyf6b
02-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Which is better? I like the left photo.

11204 11205

53driver
02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Left.

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Right..
Both look good Bob.

MinnetonkaMike
02-06-2015, 09:26 PM

11204 11205

IMHO left evokes a harder line and a more aggressive look, right follows the contour of the bag and has a more retro/hot rod feel. both are cool and add just a subtle touch of awesome

bobbyf6b
02-07-2015, 10:32 PM
I went with the right pic. I like both but I think it looks nice bordering where the matte meets the gloss. Here's the whole thing now, I like it. Also added the KW shield. So far I like it as well. The decal on the front is the symbol for Chaos.

11217 11218

Kurare79
02-08-2015, 04:53 AM
Looks pretty cool with the red stripes, Bobby! Great work! :yes: I also like the Symbol of Chaos... never saw that one before.

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Black Chrome painted the Honda engine covers and swing arm pivot covers.
J:yes:

CarolinaRider
02-08-2015, 04:42 PM
washed, rode it. Beautiful day in NC Piedmont area.

Limoles
02-09-2015, 10:55 PM
I was searching for an air tickets to Helsinki , from where our 2015 Paris Valkyrie Inzane Rally will began .
Odin from Valhalla is waiting for us .

cwjj2001
02-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Hamblys Finest!!! These are AWESOME!!!!1129411295

bigbird
02-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Very cold today in the garage so I only spent 20 minutes installing the Muth LED rearview mirrors (blue tint).
Very nice safety addition.

zeus661
02-19-2015, 08:08 AM
NOTHING, to darn cold. High of zero today.

bigbird
02-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Kury passenger transformer floorboards.

They look nice.
The jury's out on functionality until Mrs. Bigbird tries them in 6 weeks, maybe sooner.
The bike is all apart, so the pictures don't do it justice. I'll take more pics of all my mods outside in sunlight when Spring arrives.

Boards in up position

Boards in down position with highway peg retracted

Boards in down position with highway peg flipped forward

firetech
02-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Hamblys Finest!!! These are AWESOME!!!!1129411295

Very cool. Nice job!!!

hiflyer
02-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Kury passenger transformer floorboards.

They look nice.
The jury's out on functionality until Mrs. Bigbird tries them in 6 weeks, maybe sooner.

There go your days of riding solo, she's gonna like those. Had similar on a road king, mama loved 'em.

bigbird
02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
There go your days of riding solo, she's gonna like those. Had similar on a road king, mama loved 'em.

Gotta keep mama happy!

yabiah
02-21-2015, 05:47 PM
24k service;
R&R Engine Oil / Filter.
R&R Final Drive Oil.

bobbyf6b
02-23-2015, 12:17 AM
Replaced air filter with K&N yesterday, replaced spark plugs with Iridiums today. It's running really smooth. Can't wait to see if the morning stumble is gone.

bigbird
02-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Can't wait to see if the morning stumble is gone.

Don't count on it.

I think the only way to get rid of the stumble is through electronics; either a Guhl ECM reflash, or a small adjustable device made by EC than richens the fuel mixture by adjusting the intake air temperature sensor into fooling the ECM that the ambient temp is colder than it actually is.

I have read here that the Guhl reflash is successful, but I have read no reports on the success of the IAT sensor trickery.

Dfinkelsteinmd
02-24-2015, 02:33 AM
Installed J & M speakers.

They sounded much better than stock.

I wanted desperately to fire up the bike and go for a ride.
Only 60 more days, hopefully.

Hey Bigbird,

I just ordered the J&M's myself but no instructions or parts? Can you direct me to a video of how to do this exchange please? Did you upgrade wiring and screws as well. Thanks.

bigbird
02-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Hey Bigbird,

I just ordered the J&M's myself but no instructions or parts? Can you direct me to a video of how to do this exchange please? Did you upgrade wiring and screws as well. Thanks.

My J & M's came with instructions.
If yours didn't, you need to remove the meter panel. I've put a link to a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpOlz1epTbA

Start the video at 6:10, that's where the meter panel is removed.
Then just remove the 4 screws from each speaker, remove the speaker wires noting which wire is + and -, then install the J & M's exactly the same way, using your original screws. Very simple actually.

bigbird
02-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Installed an LED lamp right next to the switch for my fog lights to indicate when the fog lights are on.
Then I started stripping parts to get the right top shelter cover off. I need to access the VSS to install my Speedohealer.
It got just too damn cold on the fingers after 1 hour in the garage so I'll continue tomorrow.

Jimmytee
02-28-2015, 04:19 PM
My speedometer is dead on with my GPS. :shrug:

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Installed new Polk DXI 651 speakers.
Man, what a difference in sound volume and quality from oem speakers. Well worth $55 bucks.
J

taxfree4
02-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Baker Hand Wings, yesterday actually. Great investment, I felt the difference immediately, especially in 26 degree weather.

53driver
02-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Removed the Smuggler and put the stock seat back on with the MP3 luggage rack.
Luggage and T-Bag ready.
Also, two up ready for any gal pals! lol.

bigbird
02-28-2015, 06:51 PM
My speedometer is dead on with my GPS. :shrug:

We've been down this road before.
It seems any Honda motorcycle that has an electronic speedo in metric reads about 6% too fast.
And that would be mine.

terrydj
03-01-2015, 02:02 AM
We've been down this road before.
It seems any Honda motorcycle that has an electronic speedo in metric reads about 6% too fast.
And that would be mine.

Mate, spot on
Mines about the same:icon_cool:

CheesyRider
03-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I moved my bike into the 3rd garage stall to avoid covering it with wood dust from an ongoing project. Now it's away from the dust and has my wife's bike to keep it company. While I was moving it I cursed the 25 degree air. If it gets above freezing next weekend as predicted, I'll be out riding my F6B for the first time!

53driver
03-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Installed a SuperBrace.
Followed directions and hints from the forums.
Hopefully, no stiction.....felt fine static testing.
Cheers!

cwjj2001
03-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Installed a SuperBrace.
Followed directions and hints from the forums.
Hopefully, no stiction.....felt fine static testing.
Cheers!

I noticed a difference with the super brace at higher speeds. Speeds over 70mph the wobble or vibration is completely gone. I hope you enjoy your brace as I do.

53driver
03-01-2015, 04:27 PM
I noticed a difference with the super brace at higher speeds. Speeds over 70mph the wobble or vibration is completely gone. I hope you enjoy your brace as I do.

With my 210 pounds, plus a T-Bag and a full Kury Gran Trailer bag, that brace is going to see some action en route to Bike Week.

bobbyf6b
03-01-2015, 05:10 PM

I agree. I was really skeptical but now I'm a believer! Changing lanes over the cracks in the road are smooth as silk now.