PDA

View Full Version : Indian Roadmaster

opas ride
08-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Test rode the new Indian Roadmaster at a local dealer's Demo-days ride today..It is one nice bike with a lot of stuff and really attention to details..Leather seats, adjustable shield, ABS, cruise control etc.....Very heavy and very expensive but still a lot nicer, in my opinion, than anything HD makes......BUT, It ain't no F6B and I was much happier on my way home with my baby!!!!

ED209
08-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Gotta love the F6B :yes:

F6B1911
08-22-2014, 06:05 PM
I looked at the Indians before I decided on the F6B, I make the right decision.
But, ... I really like to test ride the Scout.

Scotrod
08-22-2014, 06:05 PM
BUT, It ain't no F6B and I was much happier on my way home with my baby!!!!

Over the years, I've said that same thing about several test rides. Grass is always greener, but sometime ya get there and say, eh, no thanks!

XKnight
08-22-2014, 07:07 PM
I test rode a Chieftain a couple months ago and it was very nice, but I do prefer the F6B for the power delivery, handling, braking and wind protection. The adjustable electric windshield on the Chieftain and the cruise control are nice features and I'd like to see both of them added as options for the F6B.

Cool Hand Luke
08-22-2014, 10:26 PM
I test rode a Chieftain a couple months ago and it was very nice, but I do prefer the F6B for the power delivery, handling, braking and wind protection. The adjustable electric windshield on the Chieftain and the cruise control are nice features and I'd like to see both of them added as options for the F6B.

Yeah, it's about time that Honda brings electric windshield from ST1300 to GW and F6B! Come on now! :banghead:

srt8-in-largo
08-23-2014, 12:21 AM
That's a lovely bike for sure.

Sometimes I miss the little doo-dads like cruise and electric shield. And I hope I don't sound cliché for saying this, but a quick ride on the F6 makes me forget everything. I'm still amazed at what this bike can do on the road.

hiflyer
08-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Over the years, I've said that same thing about several test rides. Grass is always greener, but sometime ya get there and say, eh, no thanks!

Many years ago, I realized that I was obsessive/compulsive, so in order to not make any mistakes I might regret, I decided that I won't eat it, ride it, drive it, or fly it, if I think I might like it........unless I know for sure that I am ready to take the plunge should it turn out that I do in fact like it.

MinnetonkaMike
08-23-2014, 02:41 PM
I went to the Indian demo event last summer at my local dealership. I rode all three (at the time no Roadmaster or Scout) and thought they were very nice bikes. The motor is big and powerful, exactly what you would want out of the reboot. The ergonomics were fine for the test ride but I'm assuming that after putting on some miles I would have wanted to change out the bars on the chief and classic. The styling is second to none - the blend of the classic Indian heritage with modern was spot on. The materials and leather are dynamite and the aesthetic makes for a bike that will keep you stopped at the pump talking to folks asking about the bike.

I was actually most impressed with the Chieftain. The 25 degree rake versus 29 was much more suited to my riding style. The wind protection was very nice (electronic windshield) and the layout of the instruments were much better compared to the cruisers. The radio was decent but I haven't ridden a stock bike with a radio that actually impresses me but it did the job and lets be honest, radios on bikes...first world problems. At the end of the day for me it is about value, performance, and reliability and NO ONE does it better than Honda - I have only ever owned Honda motorcycles (admittedly, I definitely drink the kool aid) but speaking from my experience they are the best bikes on the road and I'm happy to have my 6!

hoglaw
08-23-2014, 02:57 PM
I looked at the Indians last year, but decided it wasn't as nice as my Harley. Almost every Harley model looks better. A lot of it looked cheap and I wasn't impressed. The F6B on the other hand stole my heart at first glance.