PDA

View Full Version : Mustang or ultimate ????

wantone
08-22-2014, 07:13 PM
I had ultimate on vstar 950 n loved it. That's what I want. But I'm short n I've read here that mustang seat is 1" short than stock seat. That's kind of nice cuz right now I'm on my toes at stops and wud like to have firm footage on the ground. But I don't think mustang is anywhere close to ultimate in comfort.

I have mustang on vstar 1300 n don't like it.

I think I'll get ultimate. Is ultimate same as stock ? Does it push u a lil forward ?

XKnight
08-22-2014, 07:21 PM
I have the Mustang on my F6 and love it. Much more comfortable than the stock seat for me and I really do like being a little lower and sitting in the bike as opposed to on top of it. The back support the Mustang seat offers is great too and I find no need for an additional backrest with this seat.

That being said, I've owned two Ultimate seats on previous bikes (Harley Road King and Honda VTX 1800) and found the Ultimate seats to be among the most comfortable seats I've ever had. The reason I went with the Mustang seat on the F6B was because of the lower seating position and the back support it offers. If Ultimate made a lower seat for the F6B I probably would have ordered it over the Mustang.

opas ride
08-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Have the Mustang seat on my F6B and it works great for me. I like being 1" lower and more "into the bike" so to speak...Can't address the Ultimate seat as I have never had one...Sat on a couple at various meets and they seem to be really comfortable and well made. I believe they are about the same height as the stock seat and that is why I went for the lower Mustang....Good luck