PDA

View Full Version : Torq Loop Update?

bobbyf6b
08-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Can we get an update from someone that installed Torq Loops and aftermarket pipes? I only saw one video and it was really short. I was hoping to see/hear more.

srt8-in-largo
08-23-2014, 12:26 AM
'popcorn and coke'

MSGT-R
08-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Hear? I don't currently have the means to post a video, but the drone is gone with the Torq Loops.

See? What do you want to see? Jimmy came to my place July 4th and installed them. We photographed everything.
The Headers must be removed and cut. The Torq Loop has a bung to retain the O2 sensors.
The tuck up tight and cannot be seen once a belly pan is installed. They are chrome, and Jimmy has no current plans to ceramic-coat them black because it adds too much to their price.
Don't tighten anything down until you get everything in place and aligned to your satisfaction or it will be a struggle.
The rubber centerstand foot is transferred from your old exhaust to the new one.

This website is limiting my attachments, more posts are needed.

MSGT-R
08-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Hear? I don't currently have the means to post a video, but the drone is gone with the Torq Loops.

See? What do you want to see? Jimmy came to my place July 4th and installed them. We photographed everything.
The Headers must be removed and cut. The Torq Loop has a bung to retain the O2 sensors.
They tuck up tight and cannot be seen once a belly pan is installed. They are chrome, and Jimmy has no current plans to ceramic-coat them black because it adds too much to their price.
Don't tighten anything down until you get everything in place and aligned to your satisfaction or it will be a struggle.
The rubber centerstand foot is transferred from your old exhaust to the new one.

http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/07/05/bikepics-2680624-full.jpg
http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/07/05/bikepics-2680625-full.jpg
http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/07/05/bikepics-2680629-full.jpg
http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/07/05/bikepics-2680628-full.jpg
http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/07/05/bikepics-2680626-full.jpg

srt8-in-largo
08-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Why does it have a loop... why not just a straight pipe?

Hambly434
08-23-2014, 08:09 PM
+1 on the no more DRONE..
I don't have aftermarket exhaust but have 4, 7/8 dia. holes at the back of the stock muffler. The sound is fine with me but the drone was horrible.
When I talked with Jimmy about the loops he wouldn't give me a yes or no on of they would clear up the drone. They did a huge improvement.

Thanks Jimmy for a great product..

For the chrome part. That's not how I received mine. They came bare metal then I painted them with VHT paint. That may have been an option I missed in the ordering process.

bobbyf6b
08-23-2014, 08:27 PM
I was looking for some sound if possible. And how you like them after you've had them for a while. Too loud? Just right?

It's really easy to take a video with a phone and load it up to the internets. Or maybe not. :shrug:

I read your post when you installed them MSGT. It looks great! Are you still happy with them? Was it worth it?

MSGT-R
08-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Jimmy couldn't say yes or no for the drone because he has a typical hearing loss that comes with too many years of racing bikes and dirt bikes. ;)
I spent many years on a Marine Corps flight line, but I always wore my hearing protection; my hearing is still pretty damn good. I'd be the first one to speak up about a drone, and my first pipes had it (no torq loops). I put in the extra silencers to stop it.

The Torq Loops add length to the exhaust system, and re-tune it like a brass instrument (like a trombone), changing the harmonics. It's further tunable by two inserts. The long one can be moved forward/back inside the muffler can to create an expansion chamber, or moved forward to eliminate it. Forward is the loudest. The second silencer can be installed behind it, or exchanged for the longer one to make it even louder. My pipes currently have the long one shoved all the way forward, and it sounds reminescent of a Chevy El Camino. Just the right amount of rumble to know it's not your normal Goldwing.

I can't do a sound byte on You Tube right now until my new house is built. Right now I'm living in my RV, and I have 2GB of data on my phone per month. I'd burn it all up with a video upload. I think Jimmy has a sound byte on his Torq Masters website (?)

srt8-in-largo
08-24-2014, 04:06 PM
I was rev'd up about the Vance & Hines exhaust until I saw a video dissection of one. The design of these is VERY complicated and restrictive, requiring the exhaust flow to double back on itself more than once in addition to flowing through a maze of chambers and little pipes inside the system.

I like these TorqLoops because they "look" like straight-through pipes... are they indeed just pipes? Other than the silencers, there's no restriction or weirdness inside right?

BIGLRY
08-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I was rev'd up about the Vance & Hines exhaust until I saw a video dissection of one. The design of these is VERY complicated and restrictive, requiring the exhaust flow to double back on itself more than once in addition to flowing through a maze of chambers and little pipes inside the system.

I like these TorqLoops because they "look" like straight-through pipes... are they indeed just pipes? Other than the silencers, there's no restriction or weirdness inside right?You are correct, there are no restrictions in the TorqLoops, they have nothing inside, just precision cut & welded tubing with all mounting tabs and flared slip on ends. the set I have are not chrome so I painted them with hi-temp flat black Bar-BQ rattle can paint:301::yes:

MSGT-R
08-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks for replying for me. I've had one hell of a time making this site work. I click on stuff and get connection drops or just time-out weirdness. This is the only site that does this, on mulitple computers.

srt8-in-largo
08-24-2014, 08:59 PM
You are correct, there are no restrictions in the TorqLoops, they have nothing inside, just precision cut & welded tubing with all mounting tabs and flared slip on ends. the set I have are not chrome so I painted them with hi-temp flat black Bar-BQ rattle can paint:301::yes:

:yes:

I'm not seeing anybody complain about the bike throwing engine codes after removing the cats. Is this just not a problem or is there an ECM flash that comes with this mod?

Thanks for replying for me. I've had one hell of a time making this site work. I click on stuff and get connection drops or just time-out weirdness. This is the only site that does this, on mulitple computers.

Browser issue? Google Chrome doesn't play well with some forums on my computer; I had to downgrade to Microsoft IE :icon_biggrin:

BIGLRY
08-24-2014, 09:40 PM
:yes:

I'm not seeing anybody complain about the bike throwing engine codes after removing the cats. Is this just not a problem or is there an ECM flash that comes with this mod?

NO error codes as you still use the two OEM o2 sensors. The ECM has no way of knowing if the cats are on or off as long as the o2 sensors are hooked up. If you wanted you can put a resistor in place of the o2 sensors to fool the ECM and will not get an error code, in fact that is what you have to do if you want to run a Power Commander fuel management system on a EFI system with o2 sensors.

The only thing that throws a fault code to the ECM as far as the exhaust goes is the o2 sensor's 12v heater circuit, not the data output line. You can have an o2 sensor go bad/poisoned and as long as the heater circuit is working(showing resistance to the ECM) there will be NO error code.
No ECM flash needed, nor as far as I have been able to tell you can't reflash the Honda ECM....ya I know there are several guys who claim you can, but after 12 yrs. building & selling an aftermarket fuel management system for EFI systems H-D and Hondas(B&B) I personally haven't seen it done with the OEM ECM. Now I have seen replacement ECU that are programmable, but the cost is way up there and would be used in a custom, high performance engine as far as I'm concerned.

bobbyf6b
08-24-2014, 11:05 PM
I can't do a sound byte on You Tube right now until my new house is built. Right now I'm living in my RV, and I have 2GB of data on my phone per month. I'd burn it all up with a video upload. I think Jimmy has a sound byte on his Torq Masters website (?)

Thanks for the update! You're excused for now, carry on. :icon_mrgreen:

MSGT-R
08-25-2014, 04:44 PM
The O2 sensors are before the cats, so it will not set any codes; you'd have to have an O2 before and after the cat for a comparison reading. The computer will continue to read the O2 voltage to determine stoichiometric fuel ratio so no reflash is needed.

srt8-in-largo, I have Windows Vista, and stay away from Google chrome.

BIGLRY
08-25-2014, 05:27 PM
The O2 sensors are before the cats, so it will not set any codes; you'd have to have an O2 before and after the cat for a comparison reading. The computer will continue to read the O2 voltage to determine stoichiometric fuel ratio so no reflash is needed.

srt8-in-largo, I have Windows Vista, and stay away from Google chrome.:agree:

srt8-in-largo
08-26-2014, 09:49 PM
:yes: to no codes and no issues with the cats gone. I'm no expert but it kinda sounds like Honda did what Chrysler does; lock the ECU. Even though Chrysler locks their ECU, it can now be fully programmed in the aftermarket... but it took well over a year for a company called Diablosport to break the software locks. I would venture a guess and say the same could be done for GL1800 ECU's but I question whether enough aftermarket support exists for a company to recoup the cost of doing this.

I run catless midpipes in my car and the stock OEM exhaust. With the cats removed, the sound went to a decidedly lower, bass-ier sound... nothing loud and obnoxious, just a deep aggressive sound at idle and, well, ok it screams like a banshee at full throttle :icon_biggrin: If the Torq Loops do something like this for the F6 I'd be a fan.

Tedubya
03-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Any updates to this? I have the Rush pipes and wondered if this will get rid of the drone.

BIGLRY
03-16-2015, 01:30 AM
Any updates to this? I have the Rush pipes and wondered if this will get rid of the drone.Yep, Torq Loopz will stop the drone 100%. Torq Loopz replace the Cat and crossover tube which is the basic cause of the dreaded drone associated with changing the F6B's slip-on mufflers in my opinion, plus they give ya a little more hp.:icon_biggrin:

Jim
03-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Does installing Torq Loops save much weight, I would assume it does. Also do after market exhaust such as Torq Master Pipes, or Rush Pipes, Etc. save weight from the stock exhaust.

Hornblower
03-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Does installing Torq Loops save much weight, I would assume it does. Also do after market exhaust such as Torq Master Pipes, or Rush Pipes, Etc. save weight from the stock exhaust.

Depends on what system you change to. Torq Master pipes are considerably lighter than stock but Rush pipes are fairly heavy and may even get back close to stock weight. Perhaps someone has taken the time to actually weigh both for a comparison. In any event, with the weight down low, I doubt it makes much difference :2cents:.

yabiah
03-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Is anyone running TORQ LOOPZ with the stock exhaust?

BIGLRY
03-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Is anyone running TORQ LOOPZ with the stock exhaust?:039: I am:301:

bobbyf6b
03-16-2015, 09:05 PM
:039: I am:301:

How is the sound? Would you be able to upload a video so we can hear it idle, rev and ride by?

DJ TONY G
03-17-2015, 01:37 AM
How is the sound? Would you be able to upload a video so we can hear it idle, rev and ride by?

me too

BIGLRY
03-17-2015, 09:38 AM
You can hear it live if ya like. You and a friend start up your OEM stock exhaust equipped F6B and and let it idle, rev it, get your friend to ride by you..... it will sound just like my F6B with TORQ LOOPZ, nice and quite...exactly the way I wanted and why I will never change or alter the OEM mufflers.
I do NOT notice any difference in the sound at idle, cruse or when twisting up the wick, but then again exhaust notes are subject to everyone's own personal ears...what you hear may be different than what I hear.
Remember, all you are doing by installing the TORQ LOOPZ on the stock exhaust is replacing the Cats, the exhaust is still passing through the same mufflers.

Note: Jimmy will not ship TORQ LOOPZ to Calif. even though he makes them here...damn C.A.R.B. laws. I had my daughter in UT. order them then she shipped them to me. The ones I received are not chrome so I did paint them in Hi-tem silver to help with rust prevention, I also did not buy the "return to stock" kit he offers as I will never reinstall the Cats. :301:http://www.torqmasterpipes.com/

bobbyf6b
03-17-2015, 06:54 PM
You can hear it live if ya like. You and a friend start up your OEM stock exhaust equipped F6B and and let it idle, rev it, get your friend to ride by you..... it will sound just like my F6B with TORQ LOOPZ, nice and quite...exactly the way I wanted and why I will never change or alter the OEM mufflers.
I do NOT notice any difference in the sound at idle, cruse or when twisting up the wick, but then again exhaust notes are subject to everyone's own personal ears...what you hear may be different than what I hear.
Remember, all you are doing by installing the TORQ LOOPZ on the stock exhaust is replacing the Cats, the exhaust is still passing through the same mufflers.

Note: Jimmy will not ship TORQ LOOPZ to Calif. even though he makes them here...damn C.A.R.B. laws. I had my daughter in UT. order them then she shipped them to me. The ones I received are not chrome so I did paint them in Hi-tem silver to help with rust prevention, I also did not buy the "return to stock" kit he offers as I will never reinstall the Cats. :301:http://www.torqmasterpipes.com/

Thanks for the feedback!

yabiah
03-17-2015, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the info.
What, if any advantages (sans weight) are you aware of after the Torq Loopz install?

BIGLRY
03-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the info.
What, if any advantages (sans weight) are you aware of after the Torq Loopz install?Since I have not Dynoed my F6B and have no plans to all I have for reference is my Butt Dyno and at 6'5" and 400lb I got a lot of butt to move.
'mooning'
I know some guy will put on a new set of louder slip-ons and swear they feel an improvement in power, but on the Dyno are proven wrong as the louder exhaust somehow relates to more power in some riders opinions, but since my set up is with stock mufflers and Torq Loopz the only thing I can say is 2d gear barks the tire when I jump on it and it would not do that stock and I have gained about 2 MPG in fuel economy, I'm not saying the Torq Loopz made a diff in the MPG as I put them on with less than 2,000 miles on the engine and the improvement may just be the engine breaking in.
The main reason I installed the Torq Loopz is because I have always thumbed my nose at the EPA and especially C.A.R.B here in CALIF.:f2: and the thought that I might gain a few ponies and still have the quite exhaust I wanted in my F6B was a secondary gain. Maybe some day when I do some dyno runs on another Hotrod I'm building I might make a few runs with the F6B if for no other reason than grins and giggels.:301:

srt8-in-largo
03-17-2015, 10:39 PM
This mod is sounding better and better.

Larry, don't you need to take your bike in for inspection? No issues? I *might* be moving to Morgan Hill just outside of San Jose...

BIGLRY
03-18-2015, 12:49 AM
This mod is sounding better and better.

Larry, don't you need to take your bike in for inspection? No issues? I *might* be moving to Morgan Hill just outside of San Jose...Nope, so far no motorcycle inspection of any type in Calif. other than it must be C.A.R.B.(Calif. Air Resources Board) compliant to be registered here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Air_Resources_Board

The state tried to start a smog check on scoots several years ago like what we have to do to our cages every two yrs or when we sell a cage to a privet party, the selling party is responsible for this.
No smog inspection station wanted the responsibly of hooking up the test gear and running the bikes engine up and down the RPMs like is done on a cage, there also was a large protest by guys like me who did not want some pimply faced kid messing with my scoot, removing seats, side panels etc. and possibly doing damage to the paint or frying something while trying to get at the ECU or coil wires.

Calif. doesn't have an annul or biannual safety inspection program either like some states do. AZ is the only state to inspect & test scoots for smog related items and I believe it might only be in certain counties, but I'm not positive about that, maybe some AZ scooter owner might chime in here.

The only issue in Calif. is all vehicles must meet Calif. C.A.R.B. requierments to be registered here. As a Calif. resident I can not buy a Non C.A.R.B. compliant vehicle from out of state and register it here unless it is used and has 7500 miles on the odometer. In other words ya can't by a NEW stick shift V-8 in Calif. due to C.A.R.B. smog requirements, now I might be wrong about that today since I have not bought a cage in a long time, but it has been that way for a lot of years.
There is a loop hole for people who move to Calif. and own a non compliant vehicle with less than 7500 miles and that is they must sign a waver and get a Calif. drivers license and Calif, address.
Now days most all new cages and scoots meet C.A.R.B. regs and can be brought in state, a perfect example was the VTX1800, Honda made a 49 state model and a Calif. model, the basic difference between them was the 49 state VTX1800 did NOT have Cat mufflers, o2 sensors or a EVAP system(controls fuel vapors from a sealed fuel tank) while the 50 state models do. The F6B is C.A.R.B. compliant and why there is no 49st or Calif. model F6B. If you tried to bring in a new non complying (49st) VTX the DMV would look for a C.A.R.B. sticker before registering and assigning a plate.

The EPA has a set of federal smog specs that all vehicles must meet to be sold in the USA, but the state can have much more stringent smog regulations than the fed's thus they supersede the fed regulations and why Calif. is tougher when it comes to all the smog crap we have to put up with. There is a lot more to this than what I have discussed here, but suffice to say this is enough to get me pig biting mad as I type. I have done may post on this subject on my California VTX riders forum over the last 12 yrs. :301:

Side note: You can not register or license a vehicle with DMV in your or anyone else's name in Calif. without having a currant & valid Calif. drivers license and insurance. The days when you could register a vehicle in your kids, dog or anyone's name are gone. This law was enacted to stop people from selling more than 6 vehicles a year, you need a dealers license to legally do that and to control the liability issues of non insured vehicles

bobbyf6b
03-18-2015, 10:05 AM
AZ is the only state to inspect & test scoots for smog related items and I believe it might only be in certain counties, but I'm not positive about that, maybe some AZ scooter owner might chime in here.

As of last year or the year before, we no longer have inspections of any kind on scoots! I think we were the last state. Probably payback for the whole MLKJ fiasco. Or maybe cuz we don't do daylight savings. :icon_mrgreen:

BIGLRY
03-18-2015, 11:18 AM
As of last year or the year before, we no longer have inspections of any kind on scoots! I think we were the last state. Probably payback for the whole MLKJ fiasco. Or maybe cuz we don't do daylight savings. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the update Bobby 'all/right'
I will revise my knowledge base on this issue.:301:

srt8-in-largo
03-18-2015, 09:03 PM
Sounds like being a vehicle enthusiast in California is quite a joy!

Someone also told me that CA will tax your currently owned vehicles at a hefty rate when you move there.

BIGLRY
03-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Sounds like being a vehicle enthusiast in California is quite a joy!

Someone also told me that CA will tax your currently owned vehicles at a hefty rate when you move there.Hell, not only when ya move here, but every yr afterwards, it's called "registration fees" and Calif. socks it to ya every year. The registration fees are determined by how much the vehicle cost new and this is on top of your sales tax (buy out of state and pay sales tax to Calif.)
The newer the vehicle the more ya pay, it is not a flat rate like a lot of states have. Take Oregon, it don't matter if ya own a Vett or a VW ya all pay the same registration fee cost.
Another bad deal in Calif. is when you sell any vehicle the plate(except custom plates) and currant registration fees paid goes with that vehicle and new owner, unlike AZ where when you sell you keep the currant plate and can put it on a new vehicle and you don't lose the reistration fees you might have just paid. :soapbox:

Blackedout2014
03-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Any updates to this? I have the Rush pipes and wondered if this will get rid of the drone.

Spoke with Jimmy at Torq Master, getting the Torq Loopz next week for my Rush exhaust. Will take before & after video with plenty of audio!

BIGLRY
03-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Can we get an update from someone that installed Torq Loops and aftermarket pipes? I only saw one video and it was really short. I was hoping to see/hear more.
I found this youtube clip of the TORQ LOOPZ with stock GL1800 mufflers and like just like my setup TORQ LOOPZ and stock F6B mufflers I can't tell any difference.:301:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVF2x7-SZXo

KennyGLVTX
03-21-2015, 11:38 PM
I found this youtube clip of the TORQ LOOPZ with stock GL1800 mufflers and like just like my setup TORQ LOOPZ and stock F6B mufflers I can't tell any difference.:301:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVF2x7-SZXo

Sounds like a sewing machine to me.... you know the really big industrial ones:headbang:

srt8-in-largo
03-21-2015, 11:46 PM
A fast sewing machine :icon_biggrin:

:motorcycle2:

bobbyf6b
03-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Spoke with Jimmy at Torq Master, getting the Torq Loopz next week for my Rush exhaust. Will take before & after video with plenty of audio!

Can't wait! :yes:

midnite rider
04-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Go to you tube and search F6B torq loopz and there is a short 23 second video with sound on a black F6B with cobra pipes an the torque loopz.

Steve 0080
04-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Go to you tube and search F6B torq loopz and there is a short 23 second video with sound on a black F6B with cobra pipes an the torque loopz.

Link ???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URy68RTs9kc

bobbyf6b
04-12-2015, 07:12 PM
This is a good video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAc-iOYM9A

bobbyf6b
04-12-2015, 07:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phzP5fDa3VU

bobbyf6b
04-12-2015, 07:17 PM
This one sounds good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWq97JysyjE

srt8-in-largo
04-12-2015, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phzP5fDa3VU

I wish you hadn't posted that :icon_biggrin:

That sounds REALLY good to me.

bobbyf6b
04-12-2015, 07:52 PM
I wish you hadn't posted that :icon_biggrin:

That sounds REALLY good to me.

Me too!

ozenhook
04-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Can we get an update from someone that installed Torq Loops and aftermarket pipes? I only saw one video and it was really short. I was hoping to see/hear more. Got black Daytonas four months ago. Havent seen rain, and the tips are already rusting. Cant get return email from company.

bigbird
04-21-2015, 10:33 AM
I had a look at Jimmy's instructions which are very thorough and include good pictures.
Jimmy indicated that the whole exhaust manifold needed to be removed from each cylinder head.
I was under the impression one could just remove the mufflers, cut the cats in situ, and then bolt on the torq loopz, with no need to drop the whole manifold and pull the O2 sensors.
Comments?.

bobbyf6b
04-21-2015, 11:04 AM
I was under the impression one could just remove the mufflers, cut the cats in situ, and then bolt on the torq loopz, with no need to drop the whole manifold and pull the O2 sensors.
Comments?.

I keep thinking the same thing. Is there not enough room to get a sawsall in there?

Steve 0080
04-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Ever heard of a cable saw or string saw????

1surebet
04-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Depends on what system you change to. Torq Master pipes are considerably lighter than stock but Rush pipes are fairly heavy and may even get back close to stock weight. Perhaps someone has taken the time to actually weigh both for a comparison. In any event, with the weight down low, I doubt it makes much difference :2cents:.

Rush vs. Cobra 626 - per side, Cobra 14lbs. - Rush 9lbs, according to funky bathroom scale.

srt8-in-largo
04-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Catalytic converters aren't cheap... i wouldn't cut mine up.

bigbird
04-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Catalytic converters aren't cheap... i wouldn't cut mine up.

You're not cutting them up, they get cut out and can be reinstalled again if needed.

srt8-in-largo
04-21-2015, 09:06 PM
You're not cutting them up, they get cut out and can be reinstalled again if needed.

Ok... good :icon_biggrin:

I just tried to price one on Partzilla. Cats are shown in the diagram with the muffler, but there's no number pointing to it; it doesn't seem to be priced. I'm wondering now if only dealers can order these.

Blackedout2014
04-21-2015, 09:54 PM
I keep thinking the same thing. Is there not enough room to get a sawsall in there?

SPEND the $359.00 and get the Torq loopz.
You MUST follow the installation step by step, not short cutting anything.
It is the only way the system can be installed. Call Jimmy and ask him to email you the install manual in advance !!!
IF it looks too scary, then be content with stock.
The entire exhaust system has to be dropped down (removed). Very simple.
Everything goes back together the same way and now the exhaust sound is
WICKED AMAZING !!! (my bike has "RUSH" exhaust).

paolo305
04-22-2015, 07:48 AM

yes they will! The drone doesn't have anything to do with your pipes it has to do with the cross over between the Cats. I have the torque loops in and they work perfect I even rode my bike just around the block with only the torque loops on no pipes and there was no drone LOL

Blackedout2014
04-22-2015, 08:16 PM
yes they will! The drone doesn't have anything to do with your pipes it has to do with the cross over between the Cats. I have the torque loops in and they work perfect I even rode my bike just around the block with only the torque loops on no pipes and there was no drone LOL

DITTO DITTO DITTO.
RUSH exhaust & Torq Loopz sounds like a Turbo Porsche.
'nuff said...

Jacquevil
10-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Cut her open , gut her and block X over with a Welch plug.
Coat of heatresestand paint and we good to go , NO drone ! Just that sweet flat six purr .
Have V&H pipes.

Big Cat
10-06-2015, 05:11 PM
New to this forum, will be picking up my new F6B the day after tomorrow!

I would like to share my experience doing the TorqLoopz install on my 2012 Goldwing. For starters, the results (IMO) were nothing short of outstanding. I installed both the TorqLoopz and the Torqmaster pipes. After installing the pipes, I eleted to remove the rear baffles and at that point the sound level was perfect. No drone, sounded like a Ferrari.

I did elect to have the ECM remapped by Guhl Motors, and frankly, I'm not sure if that did a whole lot of good. I had to send it back a couple of times to cure a new problem of backfiring, which they did fix. Still not sure if the re-mapping was worth all the effort.

I must say, for the benefit of anyone who might think installing the TorqLoopz is an "easy" job...it sure wasn't for me! If it was possible, I'd have had Jimmy do the work for me. Cutting out the existing cats wasn't any big deal, but getting everything back together was a real booger. If I recall, there are two connection points, front and rear of TorqLoopz, that must be perfectly aligned for the pipes to stick out equally on both sides.

For those of us who are not professional mechanics, installing TorqLoopz is going to be a frustrating task. Patience and attention to detail are required, but if you can get through it, the results are superb!:thumb:

Hornblower
10-06-2015, 05:45 PM
:icon_ditto: on the Torq Loopz installation, Big Cat! In fact, I had to install mine TWICE to get it right. Like you though, I think the final result was well worth it :yes:.