PDA

View Full Version : F6B vs Victory Drag Race

rumble-b
08-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Some one sent me this off you tube. I don't know if it's been on here before, or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sZuobUySaE&feature=youtu.be

Steve 0080
08-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Yea...thats about right!!!

Cool Hand Luke
08-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Not bad for a big touring bike! Go F6B!

I'm surprised Victory did as good as it did, though. I would think it had some upgrades.

BTW, I love Bradenton FL! I have a business in St. Pete for almost 4 years now. For the first two years I had a condo at Bahia Del Mar, near St. Pete Beach. I loved riding across the Skyway Bridge and into Bradenton. Then I would take Riverview Blvd towards Anna Maria Island, then Long Boat Key, St. Armand's Circle, Sarasota, Siesta Key. Then South Tamiami Trail road for a few miles and onto Casey Key Island. Then stop at Venice Jetty at look at the beach and boats. Then sometimes I rode more south to Manasota Key and end up in Fort Myers. Then I would take a different route inland back, all backroads of course.

Another good ride destination is Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island.

Me at Siesta Key! .dickie-deals.:th_sunbathe:

cwjj2001
08-23-2014, 08:48 AM
:cheers::spank:Daayyuuuummm !

opas ride
08-23-2014, 08:49 AM
The Victory had a Stage 1 kit ,air filter, pipes, and some other mods so I am told...No real proof except I rode the Victory Vision for over 3 years with the same mods and in and no way would it run with my F6B that has Cobra pipes and K&N filter...Just saying!!...Have a friend that has a Vision with cams, pipes, timing gear, high intake filters, and I know he cannot beat me, but it is closer than a stocker...Any stock Victory Vision can blow the doors off any HD ...I have done so many times with the one I had.....

XKnight
08-23-2014, 09:22 AM
When I had my Victory one of the first mods was a Stage 1 with pipes, hi flow air intake and tune. Those 106 motors don't run very well in stock form and need the Stage 1 to wake them up, just like Harley. The F6B is the first bike I've had in a long time that won't need any performance upgrades to get it to run right. And in stock form it will destroy almost all the Stage 1 bikes out there. Even a fully bored and stroked Harley CVO 110 can't keep up in the quarter mile.

ED209
08-23-2014, 10:12 AM
The Youtube F6B rider is 1.1 seconds slower than the pro magazine rider @ 11.86/111mph, as expected. BUT ! ..... the F6B can run a lot quicker than that with some of us riding it. Put Peewee Gleason on it ! Put a well experienced drag bike rider on it ! STOCK for STOCK, the F6B eats them all for lunch.

Us average F6B riders are probably around the 250lbs area. Just tell the competition to go find the Yellowwolf Goldwing on the Dragon and see how far they get. LOL

Retired Army
08-23-2014, 11:20 AM
A red one would have been faster. :stirthepot:

F6B-RICH
08-23-2014, 11:41 AM
A red one would have been faster. :stirthepot:

MMMM NO.The red and yellow F6B's would be parked baking in the sun waiting for another coat of liquid glass to dry .batman-smilie.

Cool Hand Luke
08-23-2014, 11:52 AM
MMMM NO.The red and yellow F6B's would be parked baking in the sun waiting for another coat of liquid glass to dry .batman-smilie.

Good one.

ED209
08-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Well this Vic went faster and better time than stated by articles and the F6B went slower and worse time than posted articles, so that tells me the Vic had work done or had a better rider than supplied by the magazine articles. They can all have their air cooled Vtwins with 5 thousand in extra motor work. Ill keep my F6B. :crackup:

XKnight
08-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Well this Vic went faster and better time than stated by articles and the F6B went slower and worse time than posted articles, so that tells me the Vic had work done or had a better rider than supplied by the magazine articles. They can all have their air cooled Vtwins with 5 thousand in extra motor work. Ill keep my F6B. :crackup:

There is no doubt in my mind that the Vic was not stock, yet the stock F6B still blew it away.

pitcherd
08-23-2014, 10:17 PM
First thing I noticed was first through second gear were pretty slow for the F6B even though it was walking away from the Vic, I believe that is where the time difference came from. I know when I throw the stones to it from first to second gear it will break the back tire free and slide a bit sideways. But feels controlled as a spinning tire can feel. I have felt that on a 1989 Vmax back in the day.All in All I am very satisfied with the F6B in POWER and comfort.

Scotrod
08-24-2014, 02:21 AM
Did anyone but me think the Vic sounded annoying? :shrug:

mikey
08-24-2014, 03:22 PM

+1:yes:

XKnight
08-24-2014, 08:06 PM

A lot of folks find the sound of Goldwings annoying. :shhh:

Reedman71
08-24-2014, 09:03 PM
I would start in 2nd gear if I was drag racing someone. Anyone else agree?

XKnight
08-24-2014, 09:08 PM

That would probably work well if you're purposely trying to lose the race. :shock:

Steve 0080
08-24-2014, 09:10 PM
I think first is geared very high, so to start in second does makes some since...I would give it a try and see....

Scotrod
08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
:stirthepot:

Goldwing sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmzdA3PE04

V-Twin sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueA4oXxtPIg

Cheesyryder
08-24-2014, 11:04 PM
:yes:

Hornblower
08-25-2014, 08:10 AM
For sure, I wouldn't scoff at the idea of a second gear start. It may indeed be the way to go and only a side-by-side test would settle it. I know for a fact this was the best technique for dirt racing because I did it for years. Of course, in dirt you have wheel spin that makes that work best and, on the street, not so much. Regardless, if one starts in first, short-shifiting to second is the way to go.

decubitus
08-25-2014, 09:07 AM
I have an F6 and a Road Glide. Like the sound of both. But videos of the planes are funny. Good one.

SmallPasture
08-25-2014, 10:43 AM

I call BS!!!:bsII: The yellow has no paint issues! Plus it's faster than both black and red standing still! :stirthepot: :icon_lol:

ED209
08-25-2014, 01:16 PM

I think it could produce a higher speed trap time for sure. The 60ft time might suffer and you need that for good times, but not for a good trap speed. I have practiced the 2nd gear take offs and you really leave off the line with a good pull all the way to near 70mph. Im willing to bet that this racer hit the rev-limiter in a couple gears to reduce his speed and time like that. I was personaly able to run my Yamaha Stratoliner out to 106mph at 12.4 others were lucky to hit 100mph and 13.5 so you see how that works. Heck you could put riders on 10 second bikes that can only run 12 seconds, happens all day long. Peewee was able to run out the Vmax to a 9.6 stock off the shelf and able to run a Honda V65 out to 10.8 stock off the shelf. The F6B has 11.8 potential, can we all make that....no, its just potential. But its a fine potential. :yes: .batman-smilie.

ED209
08-25-2014, 01:26 PM
:stirthepot:

Goldwing sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmzdA3PE04

V-Twin sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueA4oXxtPIg

funny funny :icon_lol:
you gave the Harley too much though, remember its all about nostalgia and sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTTzcXSLjhI

racer
09-09-2014, 04:02 PM
A lot of folks find the sound of Goldwings annoying. :shhh: What sound?

The Harley guys dislike my LACK of sound. They can't tell I'm twisting the throttle until I whooooosh away and leave them far behind. Annoys the hell out of them.

BIGLRY
09-09-2014, 04:53 PM
What sound?

The Harley guys dislike my LACK of sound. They can't tell I'm twisting the throttle until I whooooosh away and leave them far behind. Annoys the hell out of them.:yes:;groucho;

jaygollner
09-09-2014, 05:49 PM
The Youtube F6B rider is 1.1 seconds slower than the pro magazine rider @ 11.86/111mph, as expected. BUT ! ..... the F6B can run a lot quicker than that with some of us riding it. Put Peewee Gleason on it ! Put a well experienced drag bike rider on it ! STOCK for STOCK, the F6B eats them all for lunch.

Us average F6B riders are probably around the 250lbs area. Just tell the competition to go find the Yellowwolf Goldwing on the Dragon and see how far they get. LOL

What he said

Dave Ritsema
09-09-2014, 06:03 PM

As would I. It seems like I run off the edge of the rev limiter when launching hard in first gear. This NEVER happened to me on my Valkyrie. Not sure why that is??

XKnight
09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
What sound?

The Harley guys dislike my LACK of sound. They can't tell I'm twisting the throttle until I whooooosh away and leave them far behind. Annoys the hell out of them.

The sound of silence. Actually a lot of folks describe it as a sewing machine sound. I actually prefer it over the Harley rumble which over the years helped damage my hearing.

VP8
09-09-2014, 08:59 PM
The sound of silence. Actually a lot of folks describe it as a sewing machine sound. I actually prefer it over the Harley rumble which over the years helped damage my hearing.

I agree...I prefer a slightly quieter exhaust. I don't need to wear earplugs, unlike my fellow v-twin buddies. My bike has been called stealth, and even sounded like a vacuum cleaner. I do have to make a point to play my music pretty loud in parking lots, because one lady actually backed into me one week after purchasing the bike because she didn't hear nor see me....Stealth!!

unsub
09-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Just tell the competition to go find the Yellowwolf Goldwing on the Dragon and see how far they get. LOL

Oh, of course. I'm on the phone now.:lolup:

P.Sutton
08-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Has anyone else run the 1/4 on their B? I had mine out this past weekend and over three passes ran a consistent 12.4. Not bad but I had always been told this was an 11 second bike. Anyone run quicker?

opas ride
08-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Has anyone else run the 1/4 on their B? I had mine out this past weekend and over three passes ran a consistent 12.4. Not bad but I had always been told this was an 11 second bike. Anyone run quicker?
Most F6B 1/4 mile times are fairly consistent around the 12 second mark...One would have to be a really expert rider to get the thing into the under 12 second runs...Fast enough for me as is...I have a K&N filter, and Cobra pipes which might, but I doubt it, drop my time by about .2 tenths of a second....This bike will smoke just about any stock bagger out there and I ran a 2016 HD with the S&S 110 kit last Spring and still was about 2 bike lengths ahead of him at 90mph when I shut down....Ride safe

VStarRider
08-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Ummmm...why would you even bother trying to make an air-cooled V-twin in a performance motor? What is the point? The design of the V-twin is not oriented towards high performance. Aren't their roots in industrial applications?

2wheelsforme
08-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Well people race sailboats and even turtles, so you race what you have.

opas ride
08-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Ummmm...why would you even bother trying to make an air-cooled V-twin in a performance motor? What is the point? The design of the V-twin is not oriented towards high performance. Aren't their roots in industrial applications?

Disagree with your comment about V-twin motors not oriented toward high performance..Some of the fastest drag bikes that hold the best times/speeds in the quarter mile and top speeds, are Harley motors built to run!!..Vance & Hines, with Terry Vance aboard, holds some of the quickest 1/4 mile times on record.....Just saying...

Sorcerer
08-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Disagree with your comment about V-twin motors not oriented toward high performance..Some of the fastest drag bikes that hold the best times/speeds in the quarter mile and top speeds, are Harley motors built to run!!..Vance & Hines, with Terry Vance aboard, holds some of the quickest 1/4 mile times on record.....Just saying...

If you put a nitro drag bike V twin motor next to any HD motor it will dwarf it. The only thing the race motor has in common is "looks Like" a HD and 45 degree cylinders.

opas ride
08-07-2017, 02:45 PM
If you put a nitro drag bike V twin motor next to any HD motor it will dwarf it. The only thing the race motor has in common is "looks Like" a HD and 45 degree cylinders.

Have absolutely no interest period in HD motors!!! Just pointing out to an earlier post that V-Twins can be made to "haul ass"...

rdeady
08-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Have a 2013 f6b and it runs great but i dont find it to be any faster then my 07 hd fatboy that i had a bit of motor work done to. I feel they were pretty much the same and here is how i know. My neighbor has a big dog with a 117 on it. With the fatboy i am exactly even with him in pretty much every race we do and pretty much exact same result with the f6b.He cant get away but i cant pass him either. Sold the fatboy as i stopped riding it when i got ths honda. Oh yea i had also changed the compenster sprocket to a diff tooth amount on the harley for a tad more low end,that probably helped as that thing did pull like a frieght train.And yea i spent/wasted way to much money to make that harley move the way it did. I have also owned a honda cbr 600 and a triumph street triple in the last 5 years .Those are fast especially the cbr !!! This is all just my humble opinion and i love this bike. Would i like a bit more hp and torq? Oh yea.

broncsrule21
08-08-2017, 09:43 AM
I know it is sacrilege, but I wish Yamaha made a bagger(comfy like the F6b) with the 170hp Vmax V-4 in it. The Vmax weighs 680, add different rear section to accommodate a comfy seat for passenger and bags.... maybe it could weigh 750. I know it would not be the proven Goldwing touring bike that the F6B is, but some of us don't tour on our 6's. Again just a pipe dream of course. Not real life.