PDA

View Full Version : !st Ride

wjp
08-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Went for my first ride today on a 13 F6B. It is a magnificent machine !! It handles well, has a comfortable seat and it soaks up bumps like a sponge

Johncmendenhall
08-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Congrats,
If you are like me, you will grow love it more and more.
Have fun with all the cool add ons.

XKnight
08-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Grognard
08-24-2014, 09:15 PM
I had my first ride 2 weeks ago and loved it so much that I did not even want to ride the two other bikes I had planned to test ride. Then I was on call the entire next week and could not get FJR and Shadow to dealership to see about trade for the F6B. Saturday I under my wife's request test rode the Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe - was listed at $13.2k and she is always looking for a deal. My initial impression was good for the Yamaha, but then rode F6B again and there was no comparison in my mind. I said lets do this deal on F6B. I am picking my new F6B up Saturday with my installed additional accessories.

Jimmytee
08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
I had my first ride 2 weeks ago and loved it so much that I did not even want to ride the two other bikes I had planned to test ride. Then I was on call the entire next week and could not get FJR and Shadow to dealership to see about trade for the F6B. Saturday I under my wife's request test rode the Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe - was listed at $13.2k and she is always looking for a deal. My initial impression was good for the Yamaha, but then rode F6B again and there was no comparison in my mind. I said lets do this deal on F6B. I am picking my new F6B up Saturday with my installed additional accessories.

Congrats. I'm originally from Indy. My parents and my son actually live there. You said you were on call, what do you do?

Steve 0080
08-24-2014, 09:39 PM
'welcome gang's the board....

Grognard
08-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Deputy Fire Marshal, We have to be on call 24/7 on that inspectors week to respond to situations from Dispatch/HQ

Jimmytee
08-25-2014, 05:13 AM
Deputy Fire Marshal, We have to be on call 24/7 on that inspectors week to respond to situations from Dispatch/HQ

I'm a service technician for commercial/industrial HVAC-R. I just spent the last week on call. For me, it's every third week on call. I'm reimbursed an hour of pay for each day I'm on call for the inconvenience . That inconvenience means I can't be very far from my service truck though.

Injun Joe
08-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Limo/car service driver -- same thing -- well, sort of. The on call, by your vehicle part I mean. :icon_mrgreen:

Hornblower
08-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Went for my first ride today on a 13 F6B. It is a magnificent machine !! It handles well, has a comfortable seat and it soaks up bumps like a sponge

.welcome20. enlightened one from a new friend in NC :039:.

Deer Slayer
08-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Welcome from the other side of the river from Hornblower. 'welcome gang':cheers:

Grognard
08-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Congrats. I'm originally from Indy. My parents and my son actually live there. You said you were on call, what do you do?

I grew up in Brownsburg and now live North Side of Indy. These temps are keeping you busy I am sure. Thanks for saying Hey and pleasant rides. If the Wife and I make a trip South of the river I give you a shout.

Jimmytee
08-25-2014, 08:42 PM
I grew up in Brownsburg and now live North Side of Indy. These temps are keeping you busy I am sure. Thanks for saying Hey and pleasant rides. If the Wife and I make a trip South of the river I give you a shout.

Sure thing, I'm up that way fairly frequently. I'm a Ben Davis Grad myself. My son is an Avon grad. Very familiar with Brownsburg.:icon_biggrin:
My son actually lives in Plainfield to be exact.

srt8-in-largo
08-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Congrats... it just gets better from here. Get used to the feeling of bike envy from other riders :icon_mrgreen:

Wait til you get accustomed to it and start pushing it's limits a bit; you WILL be using all three sides of your tires.

Grognard
09-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Loving every minute, I never thought a bike could feel as good as my FJR. The bonus is now I can have my wife with me.

bobbyf6b
09-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Loving every minute, I never thought a bike could feel as good as my FJR. The bonus is now I can have my wife with me.

:yes:

Fla_rider
09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
'welcome gang' from Sunny South Florida ! :th_sunbathe: