PDA

View Full Version : Who's willing to pimp your bike out?

Spanky
08-25-2014, 10:25 AM
So, here's an etiquette question... coming from the HD world, it's frowned upon.

As we all get together in Franklin, it gives us the rare opportunity to see what mods are done, what aftermarket stuff is available, and so on. How willing are we to let other F6B riders, or prospective riders to sit on our machines or start them to hear pipes and such? Should we, with heavy mods be set up somewhere so folks can see and hear them?

I for one am very willing to demo the corbin seat, Areo pegs, and windshield, Please just ask me! I'm staying at the Hampton Saturday night, and will be at dinner.

I'd in turn like to hear any pipes that anyone has, V&H or rush, not feeling the six shooter cobras. My wife would like to sit on a few aftermarket seats and look at windshields.

What do Ya'll think? Who is dead set against it? (we just won't ask you)

Steve 0080
08-25-2014, 10:58 AM
IMHO that is what these rallys are for..... now there are folks who believe they do the Boom Boom with their bikes and God forbid someone look at it and dam you if you touch it....

Speaking for me it is a tool, a piece of equipment....do what ever you want...just be able to repair/replace it if broken.....

Scotrod
08-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Yup, What Steve said!!!!

SCMike
08-25-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm always willing to let folks try out the Ultimate king seat, Klock Werks shield and ergo pegs. Other riders are also welcome to inspect the belly pan and rear lights I've added.

jkelley
08-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Yup, What Steve said. Harley world is kinda crazy. I will let most anyone check mine out but the rule is always ask first.
Most riders know what it takes to care for and maintain these machines and usually do ask, the ones I have issue with are the ones
(usually tourists) that hop on a bike to take a picture without saying a word. I have seen a couple at events put on the ground because someone
didn't know what they were doing and leaned it over too far and couldn't support the weight, and I have seen small children touch hot pipes on a Harley just wanting to look. Never seen an owner that would not answer questions, or let someone try out something when asked, just plain respect.....

Spanky
08-25-2014, 12:06 PM
To add to this, I'd like to see some darksiders, and learn their experience. I'm started to get excited! damn the boss for making me fly back so late Friday.... oh well, the problems of the self employed.

Hornblower
08-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Sure, anyone is welcome to check out any of my aftermarket items. I'd even let someone ride it to see what a car tire on the rear feels like. Of course, they will be responsible for any damage. A partial list of other items to experience first hand...

Ultimate Mid Rider seat with rider backrest
Helibars
Madstad windshield
Rush pipes with 2.5" baffles
Kumho Ecsta SPT rear tire

SmallPasture
08-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Steve0080----exactly!

How else are ya gunna see what can be done, feel what can be done, hear what can be done if it's kept under glass!

I was lucky to have a great group in N. Cali that I started riding with. They would always switch bikes on long rides.... Kinda thought it was weird and unfair because someone was stuck riding my 500 Shadow. I always scored!!...there was a V-max, Intruder, Harley of some kind, and V45 Magna. Needless to say I was always reluctant to go back to the Shadow.

RickW
08-25-2014, 06:16 PM
All of our bikes are set up for Demonstrating parts.
We have dozens of people at shows set on them and try out all of the accessories. Just have to watch people once in a while.

We were even up to Geneva on the Lake last night and people were setting on her Spyder. Hate to say it but the F6B doesn't get much attention next to her Spyder.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/GOTL0614-1_zpsfc482ce5.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/GOTL0814_zps933be908.jpg

Scotrod
08-25-2014, 06:23 PM
. They would always switch bikes on long rides.... Kinda thought it was weird and unfair because someone was stuck riding my 500 Shadow.

Wife had a 900 Kawi that was fun to ride!!! Just b/c it's a smaller MC doesn't mean it can't be fun!

BLACKBETTY12
08-25-2014, 08:58 PM
IMHO that is what these rallys are for..... now there are folks who believe they do the Boom Boom with their bikes and God forbid someone look at it and dam you if you touch it....

Speaking for me it is a tool, a piece of equipment....do what ever you want...just be able to repair/replace it if broken.....

I Agree!

firetech
08-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Feel free. No problem here.

SmallPasture
08-26-2014, 07:40 AM
We were even up to Geneva on the Lake last night and people were setting on her Spyder. Hate to say it but the F6B doesn't get much attention next to her Spyder.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/GOTL0614-1_zpsfc482ce5.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/GOTL0814_zps933be908.jpg

Well, what do you expect when it's lit up like a freakin' airport runway!!! :icon_lol:

I know exactly how ya feel Rick....Me and the Bad Bee are nothing but a wallflowers when the darling Mrs. SmallPasture is in tow on her spyder!

RickW
08-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Well, what do you expect when it's lit up like a freakin' airport runway!!! :icon_lol:

I know exactly how ya feel Rick....Me and the Bad Bee are nothing but a wallflowers when the darling Mrs. SmallPasture is in tow on her spyder!

I think a Circus Wagon is more like it. You have to see it with the Key on and the rest of the lights come up.
It's all fun, her and the dog like it so that's all that matters.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/Motorcycle%20Pictures/Can-Am%20Spyder/SpyderFrontLighting-4_zpsfb43c999.jpg