PDA

View Full Version : Dead bugs inside the speaker grills?

Injun Joe
08-25-2014, 06:13 PM
What the heck? Has anyone else experienced this? Small bugs -- mosquitoes it looks like but squished against the inside of the grills.

XKnight
08-25-2014, 06:18 PM
I've found plenty of bugs attached to various nooks and crannies in front of the bike, but not yet inside the speaker grills. Time for the Exterminator.

http://aetvaws.aetv.com/news-page/images/news-generic-billy-the-exterminator.jpg

Steve 0080
08-25-2014, 06:20 PM
If you have an air compressor, just blow them out...be gentle around the face of the speakers.... or just grab the face of the grill and pull it out and shake the bugs out and snap it back on.....ride on.......

Injun Joe
08-25-2014, 06:24 PM
If you have an air compressor, just blow them out...be gentle around the face of the speakers.... or just grab the face of the grill and pull it out and shake the bugs out and snap it back on.....ride on.......

So it's just a press fit?

opas ride
08-25-2014, 06:30 PM
I just use a soft toothbrush and they go somewhere..Probably at the bottom of the speaker...I was recently advised to use one of the small cans of "Dust-off" compressed air used for computers, sewing machines, cameras, etc....Works great so far.....

Steve 0080
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0mrauHy9uk

go to the 56 second mark

Spanky
08-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Pulled off the Tupperware to clean the other day and found the windshield washer! That's where it went.

hossners
08-25-2014, 07:16 PM
I ... found the windshield washer! .
Wow, I wish I had one of those. Mine gets covers with bugs way too fast! :crackup:
-Steve in OR

firetech
08-25-2014, 08:56 PM
I had a butterfly, about the size of my palm, stuck in the left side grille, still alive.
At that time I was unaware of how to remove the cover. That night I searched how to remove the cover, went
out the next morning and no more butterfly. It found its own way out.

F6B1911
08-25-2014, 09:14 PM
I know that the yellow and red F6B's have been known to experience issues with bugs in the speaker grilles.
This is not an issue with the fast black F6b, there aren't many bugs capable of that speed.
But I have heard that increasing the volume to max while playing Led Zeppelin will chase those little suckers away in no time flat.

Kurare79
08-25-2014, 09:43 PM
:lolup: :clap2: :yes: Hahahaha!

SmallPasture
08-26-2014, 07:30 AM
I know that the yellow and red F6B's have been known to experience issues with bugs in the speaker grilles.
This is not an issue with the fast black F6b, there aren't many bugs capable of that speed.
But I have heard that increasing the volume to max while playing Led Zeppelin will chase those little suckers away in no time flat.

No...it has nothing to do w/ speed. It's the sheer lack of beauty that keeps the bugs away from the black. You ride a void (some call it stealth) for crying out loud!! :icon_lol::poke:

Injun Joe
08-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Evidently, Colorado bugs are color blind...

SmallPasture
08-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Evidently, Colorado bugs are color blind...

:lolup::lolup:

TitansFan
08-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Someone on here suggested in another thread about bugs in the speaker grill to use a can of compressed air (like you use on computers or electronics). That works really well too, if you aren't around an air compressor.

wareru2
09-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Baught my fast "Black Betty" in May and on my first ride I noticed a butterfly in each of my speaker grills (looks just like the one's in the pictures). I told my dealer this and he looked at me like I was crazzy ! I hope somebody gets to the bottom of this soon. And so the mystery continues !!