PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn Ergo iii how to put in fixed position

wantone
08-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Ok. I just installed Ergo iii foot pegs. I like them but do not like that they move up and down when i put my feet on it. Is there any mechanism to put it in fixed position. The website says it can be done but don't know how to do it.

Thanks

BIGLRY
08-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Ok. I just installed Ergo iii foot pegs. I like them but do not like that they move up and down when i put my feet on it. Is there any mechanism to put it in fixed position. The website says it can be done but don't know how to do it.

ThanksFind someone with a set of Ergo ll and swap with them....:tapfing: J/K seriously

OPTIONAL HORIZONTAL FIXED-ARM INSTALLATION:

STEP 20: On the clutch-side of the bike. Remove the 1/2” Screw and Washer that holds the
Rotating Arm to the Mount. Set them aside, they will be re-used. Remove the Rotating
Arm, Helix and End Cap from the mount. The inside of the Arm and Helix
are marked with an “L”. Refer to PIC 12 and 14.

STEP 21: Remove the Spring, Steel Bushing, and Brass Bushing. Set these aside, they will
NOT be reused.

STEP 22: Position the Helix in the
Rotating Arm so that the
“L” on the Helix aligns
with the “L” on the Arm
EXACTLY as shown in
PIC 12. Refer to PIC 13
for the brake-side.

STEP 23: Hold the Helix in place in
the Rotating Arm and
position the End Cap
over the nose of the
Helix. PIC 14 Turn the
End Cap until it settles
into place on the nose of
the Helix as shown in
PIC 15.

STEP 24: Holding everything in place, make a mark on the End Cap and Rotating Arm with a nonpermanent
marker as shown in PIC 16.

STEP 25: Test fit the assembly on the Ergo III mount. With the Helix engaged on the cogs of the Ergo III
mount, pull up on the arm to ensure that the Arm assembly will be in the correct position.

STEP 26: Remove the End Cap and install an included Fixed Position Stopper in place of the Spring and
Steel and Brass Bushings. Reinstall the Rotating Arm, Helix (still aligned exactly as shown in PIC
12 or 13).

STEP 27: Insert the 1/2” Screw and Washer (removed in STEP 20) through the Rotating Arm assembly.
Thread it into the Mount. Torque the 1/2” Screw to 30 FT/LBS.

STEP 28: Repeat STEPS 20 through 27 for the other side.

STEP 29: If necessary, make any other adjustments by referring to STEPS 10 through 19.

Or go to http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4339/Ergo-III-Cruise-Mounts and click on the PDF file "Installation Instructions - 4082" and start at step #20. :301: