PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Touring rack. I just called WingStuff

Jimmytee
08-28-2014, 04:55 PM
I ordered a Touring rack over the weekend, just called WingStuff and now they're telling me they're waiting for them from the manufacturer and don't expect them in 'til middle of September.Then who knows how long. I ordered this thinking they had it in stock. Anyone else had this issue. Middle of September, seems pretty vague.:shrug: Already paid for it. Thinking of cancelling. I don't like that. They sent me an e-mail on Monday saying a delay of 3-5 days, now this.

Ixol Phaane
08-28-2014, 05:34 PM
I ordered a Touring rack over the weekend, just called WingStuff and now they're telling me they're waiting for them from the manufacturer and don't expect them in 'til middle of September.Then who knows how long. I ordered this thinking they had it in stock. Anyone else had this issue. Middle of September, seems pretty vague.:shrug: Already paid for it. Thinking of cancelling. I don't like that. They sent me an e-mail on Monday saying a delay of 3-5 days, now this.

I have one.
Relax.
Middle of September is just two weeks out.
It's worth a short wait.

Jimmytee
08-28-2014, 07:52 PM
I have one.
Relax.
Middle of September is just two weeks out.
It's worth a short wait.

Yeah, it is, but that is not the timeline I was led to believe. I was really hoping to have this for a trip the 19-21 of Sept. The Bike MP3 site says or reads they have them in stock. I, however, ordered through JustWings which told me 3-5 days.

NCF6B
08-29-2014, 05:56 AM
Try contacting Pete or Niki at bike mp3 directly. They may be able to help you. I always prefer dealing with them directly. My experience with Wingstuff is that they usually have to order stuff after you buy. Makes for some significant delays.

Jimmytee
08-29-2014, 06:11 AM
Try contacting Pete or Niki at bike mp3 directly. They may be able to help you. I always prefer dealing with them directly. My experience with Wingstuff is that they usually have to order stuff after you buy. Makes for some significant delays.

I'll be making a couple of calls today. Thanks. I originally ordered from Wing Stuff for the free shipping,but if I knew it meant waiting beyond the original timeline and for no actual date, I would've just ordered from Bike MP3 in the first place. Who knows, maybe they don't have them in stock either. Their web site indicates they do, but if it hasn't been updated.....:banghead:

Convert
08-29-2014, 06:25 AM
I just ordered a rack fro MP3 and got it in a couple of days. I had previously ordered items from WingStuff and also got that in a couple of days. They both were good to work with.

srt8-in-largo
08-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Trust me, these companies do not like ambiguous delivery dates any more than we do... but at times, that's the best information available.

+1 on calling BikeMP3 directly.

Talldude
08-29-2014, 03:27 PM
What I dont like about wingstuff is that they are not upfront about their stock. I have purchased in the past only to find its not in stock. I could have purchased in another place if I knew. An then they state on their page: Its all about customer service, let us show you how its done". Its done by representing your stock online correctly and not pissing off customers.

Jimmytee
08-29-2014, 06:08 PM
What I dont like about wingstuff is that they are not upfront about their stock. I have purchased in the past only to find its not in stock. I could have purchased in another place if I knew. An then they state on their page: Its all about customer service, let us show you how its done". Its done by representing your stock online correctly and not pissing off customers.

I totally agree.

I did talk to a lady at BikeMP3 this morning. She said they didn't have them in stock either. Well she had some , but they were already paid for and spoken for. She apologized and said she'd been out for a week and hadn't checked on their inventory in time to catch it. I told her about my order with WIngStuff, and she said don't cancel my order, because the ones she has are going to them. WingStuff is her biggest customer.:icon_rolleyes:

srt8-in-largo
08-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Making excuses is usually not a good sign. She's out 1 week and things fall apart? Ok.

paperboy1964
08-29-2014, 07:48 PM
They did seem a little quirky there, but I got mine and it was worth it. The size difference from the factor version makes all the difference. Even without a backrest, I was able to carry a large amount without any problems. Highly recommended!

Scotrod
08-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Pete's crankin em out as fast as he can, but he's not physically making them all by himself/does not have 100% control of the entire manufacturing process. As I understand it, he gets a run jet-cut, then has them powder-coated, then distributes.

Jimmytee
08-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Pete's crankin em out as fast as he can, but he's not physically making them all by himself/does not have 100% control of the entire manufacturing process. As I understand it, he gets a run jet-cut, then has them powder-coated, then distributes.

The lady I spoke to said she has them made by some company that actually is focused on the marine industry. SHe gets them from them and then sends them to get powder coated.