PDA

View Full Version : Lower air wings

DMAGOLDRDR
08-29-2014, 07:20 AM
I have searched a bit and found many like to Baker Foot Wings. I have Baker products on my Valk and found them to work great. I just wonder if the Show Chrome Lower Cowl Deflectors will be better at keeping wind off my lower legs. I see very little posted about them.
I ride all year here in New England and found the F6B to put much more cold air on my lower leg and feet than my Valk Interstate did.

Has anyone tried the Show Chrome Lower Cowl Deflectors. Do they work OR just snap right off the first time you lean hard.

Ericb445
08-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Save your money if you like to lean your bike.
I bought some for a great deal at local bike swap meet new in the package, the first on ramp they where ripped off:yikes:

DMAGOLDRDR
09-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Save your money if you like to lean your bike.
I bought some for a great deal at local bike swap meet new in the package, the first on ramp they where ripped off:yikes:

Thanks, that was what I was worried about.

hiflyer
09-05-2014, 04:06 PM
While the Baker Hand Wings are what I consider the best accessory I've installed on any bike, the foot wings don't work and won't stay attached anyway. As the other poster said, save your money.

Cool Hand Luke
09-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Hm, I wonder if they were installed correctly. I had mine installed by Baker people at Wing Ding last year. No problems. I did Deals Gap several times since then and they're still on just fine. You can see it on my bike here (while at Dragon):

They are dark tinted ones.

Now, I don't think they're as effective as the ones by the mirrors, but they were inexpensive with free installation so I got them on at the same time. No complaints so far.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Hm, I wonder if they were installed correctly. I had mine installed by Baker people at Wing Ding last year. No problems. I did Deals Gap several times since then and they're still on just fine. You can see it on my bike here (while at Dragon):

They are dark tinted ones.

Now, I don't think they're as effective as the ones by the mirrors, but they were inexpensive with free installation so I got them on at the same time. No complaints so far.

I had thought about the Bakers you have pictured, but was referring to the Show Chrome lowers. The S.C. are much larger and mount vertically on the crash bars. They look like they would do a nice job but as it has been said, they stick out too far and hit the ground in a hard turn..
Thanks for the replies guys...as always very helpful