PDA

View Full Version : Man! This F6B is Smooth & Fast at 100!

luckyluciano
08-31-2014, 10:29 PM
Bought my 2014 Red & Black F6B in May of this year. Haven't rode the bike as much as I'd like since I have been suffering a back injury with wicked Sciatica pain. Slowly getting better week by week and today was such a gorgeous day I could not resist. So, I downed some Advil, grunted through the pain and rode 350 kilometres around a Major Lake around my neck of the woods. The ride takes 5 hours according to a motorcycle route guide. Well, I completed the ride in under 3 1/2 hours.
Needless to say, this bike is so smooth & stable & fun at 100 mph+/160 kms/hr. WOW, what a thrill. I ride her like a sport bike. Cagers were in awe.

Do you have a need for speed?

Bike44
08-31-2014, 11:37 PM
With your back I'd ask others here about the best seat for comfort. Maybe consider a backrest as well. Good to hear you enjoyed the scoot.

mikey
09-01-2014, 09:23 AM
your adrenaline rush with the f6 will help the pain !:icon_lol:

luckyluciano
09-01-2014, 09:30 AM
definite adrenaline rush! Oh, by the way, I was blasting thru the warm as soup air with the stock windshield. Planning to get the Klockwerks flare but Canadamotorcycle is out of stock of the dark smoke and want $50 odd more for the lighter tint. Which I do not understand.

XKnight
09-01-2014, 04:12 PM
definite adrenaline rush! Oh, by the way, I was blasting thru the warm as soup air with the stock windshield. Planning to get the Klockwerks flare but Canadamotorcycle is out of stock of the dark smoke and want $50 odd more for the lighter tint. Which I do not understand.

Interesting that they are asking $50 more for the Klock Werks tinted shield. I just ordered a tinted Flare and the prices online were the same as for the dark shield.

And yes, the F6b is an incredible bike. Speed and handling shouldn't be as good as it is for such a big and heavy bike, yet there it is..batman-smilie.

tinkerman
09-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Yup,

My main ride before this was an 88 Heritage Classic.....and I love that old bike like a contrary aunt. But anyone that knows anything about bikes knows what a stunning change it was to climb on the F6B......when asked to describe it I go with either "a big ass sport tourer" or " a big ass sewing machine" Not sure either of these descriptions do the bike justice....it is just flat out spectacular...even being mis-treated by the Honda dealer in Vancouver where I bought the bike can't ruin the experience of running this machine.

tink

Clutch
09-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks to my new F6B, I just received my first-ever speeding citation :clap2:

Someone told me I should frame it and hang it on the wall.

F6BLK
09-02-2014, 09:49 PM
3rd gear at 4 grand ain't bad either!

Steve 0080
09-03-2014, 09:24 AM
For me...it is the lower speed pulling power...climbing a steep grade, the black bitch bent over moaning and grabbing at the road ahead,,,perfect!

decubitus
09-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Yup,

" a big ass sewing machine" Not sure either of these descriptions do the bike justice....

tink

That's exactly how I describe riding the F6 to my v-twin friends. I'm thinking of getting one of these emblems just for fun.

F6BLK
09-03-2014, 03:27 PM

Go with a clearview! You will be more than happy ! they have light smoke..or dark!They don't up charge!I think they ship just about anywhere?

Brian D
09-03-2014, 04:49 PM

Yeah 4grand is a real sweet spot in every gear That's how I've been riding mine

bigbird
09-03-2014, 05:03 PM
For me...it is the lower speed pulling power...climbing a steep grade, the black bitch bent over moaning and grabbing at the road ahead,,,perfect!

My sentiments, exactly.
No steep grades around here, but those long sweeping on-ramps onto the highways are where I lay my black bitch over and give 'er.

Scotrod
09-03-2014, 05:12 PM

(Mr and Mrs Scotrod both :crackup:)

Just because you are in 'stealth' mode now doesn't mean you're invisible!!! :icon_lol:

(Glad you fixed that avatar!!! LOL!!!!! :yes:)

luckyluciano
09-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah 4grand is a real sweet spot in every gear That's how I've been riding mine

I think I get it but not so sure. Whats so special about 4grand RPM for you gents. I really never paid very much attention but I do often shift her at 5-5500 RPM. Sure is nice having a tach. Never had one on my VTX 1800.

BIGLRY
09-03-2014, 11:20 PM
I think I get it but not so sure. Whats so special about 4grand RPM for you gents. I really never paid very much attention but I do often shift her at 5-5500 RPM. Sure is nice having a tach. Never had one on my VTX 1800.Shift a little sooner...say about 4,200 RPM you will be quicker. The F6B flat 6 engine makes max torque at between 4,100 and 4,400 RPM and it is torque that moves ya. 'riding'
When you twist this engine to 5k and beyond you have gone out of the power range and will not be as quick.
Want to have some fun and get a thrill...take off in second gear, go WOT and shift at 4,200 RPM, keep this up all the way to fifth gear.

hossners
09-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Want to have some fun and get a thrill...take off in second gear, go WOT and shift at 4,200 RPM, keep this up all the way to fifth gear.

That won't take long...

Neither will this ---> :cop2:

Steve in OR

fxdl2051
09-08-2014, 12:19 AM
A velcro back brace from any pharmacy would be a very good idea, just put it on under a t shirt or two, nobody will know and your back can heal properly( this coming from a X Ray tech, that used to ride around with his leg in a cast and a cane bungeed to the back of his bike, till the leg fractures healed).
But I understand the need for speed, I grok along letting cars pass me on the back country scenics, till that moment on the highway on ramps where the engine shows some sound and the tach somes interest.

fxdl2051
09-08-2014, 12:57 AM
A velcro back brace from any pharmacy would be a very good idea, just put it on under a t shirt or two, nobody will know and your back can heal properly( this coming from a X Ray tech, that used to ride around with his leg in a cast and a cane bungeed to the back of his bike, till the leg fractures healed).

decubitus
09-08-2014, 08:53 AM

I'm an Xray tech, too. Good to know another one is here.

And, hope you get better soon, lucky.

Fla_rider
09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
I also use a Velcro back brace on those longer trips. Seems to help me keep my back straighter and my back hurts less after a day of riding.

luckyluciano
09-08-2014, 09:10 AM
But I understand the need for speed, I grok along letting cars pass me on the back country scenics, till that moment on the highway on ramps where the engine shows some sound and the tach somes interest.

I'm an Xray tech, too. Good to know another one is here.

And, hope you get better soon, lucky.

I also use a Velcro back brace on those longer trips. Seems to help me keep my back straighter and my back hurts less after a day of riding.

WOW! You guys are great. Do helpful. I'm gonna try the back brace. I already missed out on summer riding due to extreme pain. Then I have to endure everyone who cares about me lecturing me not to ride and let it heal but this slipped disc may take 6-12 months!

jkelley
09-08-2014, 11:04 AM

Someone told me I should frame it and hang it on the wall.

That sure didn't take long? LOL

Steve 0080
09-08-2014, 11:39 AM
WOW! You guys are great. Do helpful. I'm gonna try the back brace. I already missed out on summer riding due to extreme pain. Then I have to endure everyone who cares about me lecturing me not to ride and let it heal but this slipped disc may take 6-12 months!

Fly to Orlando...I will hook you up with my surgeon ....problem solved !!!

fxdl2051
09-13-2014, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=decubitus;46137]I'm an Xray tech, too. Good to know another one is here.
Heyah decub, yes we need to preserve our sanity more than most folks and bikes are the best long acting chill pill around

Plan B
09-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Hi guys,

the F6B is a hit. The final transition quiet and ganr stabiel with almost 200 km / h = 125 ml / h.
simply Super

Greetings Oliver

luckyluciano
09-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Hi guys,

the F6B is a hit. The final transition quiet and ganr stabiel with almost 200 km / h = 125 ml / h.
simply Super

Greetings Oliver

Sorry, but didn't understand a word:(

Plan B
09-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Hello and sorry,

my english is not good.

When i drive with the B over 100 Miles/houre, then is this bike verry safty. You have no trubbel with the bike.

Sorry i read in german with the hope fore a good translator.....

Also, die F6B fährt sich in hohen Geschwindigkeiten sehr sicher. Das Fahrwerk ist ruhig, kein Lenkerschlagen. Die Fahrt ist einfach wie auf Schienen. Wenn der Straßenbelag etwas schlecht wird wird es aber etwas unruhig. Dann hilt mir das Fahrwerk von Wilbers. Vorn und Hinten alles aufgerüstet, hinten elektrisch verstellbar wärend der Fahrt.
Ich kann nur sagen einfach Spitze.

Bye Oliver

racer
09-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Hello and sorry,

my english is not good.

When i drive with the B over 100 Miles/houre, then is this bike verry safty. You have no trubbel with the bike.

Sorry i read in german with the hope fore a good translator.....

Also, die F6B fährt sich in hohen Geschwindigkeiten sehr sicher. Das Fahrwerk ist ruhig, kein Lenkerschlagen. Die Fahrt ist einfach wie auf Schienen. Wenn der Straßenbelag etwas schlecht wird wird es aber etwas unruhig. Dann hilt mir das Fahrwerk von Wilbers. Vorn und Hinten alles aufgerüstet, hinten elektrisch verstellbar wärend der Fahrt.
Ich kann nur sagen einfach Spitze.

Bye Oliver

I got your meaning... the 6 is a wonderful and stable machine. even at high speeds.

Google translation is probably not too close.

the F6B handles very safe at high speeds.The chassis is quiet, no kickback. The ride is just like on rails . If the road surface is a bit bad but it is a bit restless .Then I hilt the suspension of Wilber . Front and Rear upgraded everything , rear electrically adjustable moment during the journey.
I can only simply say tip .