PDA

View Full Version : CB Radio

ruouthere
09-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Anyone have any experience with the J&M handle bar mount CB Radio on any motorcycle including the F6 obviously?

Thanks, Kevin

CheckpointChcky
09-03-2014, 09:18 PM
I have been trying to work with J&M corp. regarding this very issue. First, with the handlebar mounted 2003 CB radio, all one needs is a power source and a place to mount the antenna and the radio itself for it to work. I've been asking the company to make an appropriate mount for the radio that would locate the radio above the switch block on the left hand grip so that the radio can be attached to the bike. They informed me that perhaps they would work on that after the summer's trade show season was over. I just wrote another email to John of J&M corp. this afternoon asking where he was in that process. I think this would be the easiest route for getting a CB radio installed for the F6B.

CheckpointChcky
09-04-2014, 12:14 AM
I just received an email from John at J&M corp.....he states that he needs to borrow an F6B for a couple of days to get an idea of where to place things and develope a mount for the radios. He says no F6B has ever come into his shop so he can do this. I think this is a lame excuse so maybe we all should email John at J&M and request that he accommodate us in developing a CB system for those of us who own the F6B! His corporate email address is " John@JMCORP.Com. He is in Tuscon, Arizona so if anyone is near him, perhaps you could take one for the team and let him borrow your bike for a few days so he can accomplish this. Please, take the time to write to John and let him know we are all interested in a CB system for our bikes!!!! Thanks guys....I appreciate it.

bertrider
09-04-2014, 12:16 AM
I have had them on my concours14 and my 2 fjrs before that. Had to have a cb because I rode with a bunch of wings. Its a good radio. My only complaint is that it lacked the volume to get past ear plugs for me.
J&M would need to come up with an integration module or some method to use it with our am/fm radio. A mount for it would be easy to fabricate for the f6b. The bike mp3 solution is the slickest way to put a cb on a f6b but pricey.

Pedro66
09-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Why don't you just install a fully integrated CB radio with factory controls????

Better volume
Better range
Better integration

ETC ETC ETC

Not even that much more money for a correctly fitted integrated unit

For example our kit on sale is $279.99 and the CB on sale $429.99 is $709.98

Average price of a J&M 2003 is $530

So for another $180 you get a properly installed unit

Just got to add an antenna to each price

CheckpointChcky
09-04-2014, 01:14 AM
I know you make these units Pete and I understand that they are good. Problem is, people like me have no mechanical skills to install them on our own so we are stuck. With the J&M, I already have the handlebar mount unit and just need J&M corp. to develop the set up so it can be easily installed

Pedro66
09-04-2014, 01:19 AM
I know you make these units Pete and I understand that they are good. Problem is, people like me have no mechanical skills to install them on our own so we are stuck. With the J&M, I already have the handlebar mount unit and just need J&M corp. to develop the set up so it can be easily installed

If you can install the J&M you can install ours

CheckpointChcky
09-04-2014, 01:26 AM
How does it go?

Pedro66
09-04-2014, 01:43 AM
How does it go?

Ignore the old style controls it now comes with OEM handlebar controls but they just plug in the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PSP-1J5jmyc

CheckpointChcky
09-04-2014, 01:55 AM
Gee Pete, where do you live? Perhaps a person who wants to do this can pay you to do it. As I watched the video, I got confused and know that, for me, drilling holes would be disastrous.

bertrider
09-04-2014, 07:21 AM
I've used both and Pete is right on all counts. You just take the bike mp3 install step by step.

NCF6B
09-07-2014, 05:47 AM
FWIW, If you are concerned with the technical aspects of Pete's installation, Pete was available to respond to each of my questions and I had many. He even spent most of a Sunday afternoon walking me through the process. He's right, the whole set up looks like OEM when you're finished. You can even get a GW antenna. I opted for the 24" firestick. Good luck with your decision.