PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F6B

sub vet
09-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Here's a link http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2015-honda-gold-wing-f6b-preview/

53driver
09-04-2014, 05:42 AM
...nothing I can't live without. Glad I didn't wait.
Cheers,
Steve

CarolinaRider
09-04-2014, 05:58 AM
The article says it will have cruise and the silver is awesome.

Madmax
09-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Prices allways seem to go up ... not really feeling the semi flat paint . I had a kawi sport bike and it had that stuff , had to use a special product to apply to the paint to give it a more uniformed look .
Bugs were a son of a bitch to get off that semi flat finish ... they really stuck to that finish !
I'm of the mind set I want my goldwing to shine .

Love to ride
09-04-2014, 06:09 AM
I really like the matte grey color and honda did listen it has cruise !

wonder if the paint is the same or did honda address the issue The blue will have a clear coat its metallic

The Swede
09-04-2014, 07:11 AM
AND IN EUROPE!!

"Feedback from owners has led to two specification upgrades for 2015. Reverse gear is now also original equipment on the Gold Wing F6B. Operated from the right handlebar and driven by the electric starter motor reverse helps back the bike out of an uphill parking space, especially when loaded or with a pillion. The second addition - electronic cruise control - makes long highway days pass even more easily."

The Swede :icon_cool:

DaWadd
09-04-2014, 07:41 AM
I do like the new grey/black paint scheme and the blacked out exhaust. Honda's website claims the exhaust has a deeper and throatier sound.:icon_biggrin:

Meanie97
09-04-2014, 08:35 AM
I'm super pysched, I want one of these bikes so bad. The cruise is a huge deal for me, its one of those things I've just gotten used to.
Love the blacked out exhaust, just wonder how it will hold up, the aftermarket black exhausts tend to rust after a few years.

Injun Joe
09-04-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm super pysched, I want one of these bikes so bad. The cruise is a huge deal for me, its one of those things I've just gotten used to.
Love the blacked out exhaust, just wonder how it will hold up, the aftermarket black exhausts tend to rust after a few years.

I'm excited for all the black used ones that will be available as people swap to aftermarket pipes!

wantone
09-04-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm lil sad !!! I just bought my 2013 F6B 2 weeks ago. I really wanted that cruise and reverse. ANyways its is $7000 more than what I Paid. I guess it will cost me around $1500 to put the -------- and I'll be happy.

austin_tech
09-04-2014, 09:20 AM
I test rode a Valkyrie (2014) yesterday for shits. I suspect the advertised "meaner" exhaust note from this F6 will most likely be similar to, if not the same as the 6 into 6 pipes on the Valk. Slightly cooler exhaust note than my 2013 F6 stocks, but probably not as good as aftermarket if you're really wanting mean.

BTW, the Valk test run was fun. Fast bike! Felt much less bulky than the F6, but WOW life sucks at 50+ mph without wind protection! Pretty bike (despite the funky radiator shoulders) but not really functional for me.

Kirkster1520
09-04-2014, 10:11 AM
I love the grey/black paint scheme. Also that they are adding cruise control. Not a got to have item, but I have that currently on my R1200RT and it is nice. In reference to the $23,999 price, that is for the base Goldwing I believe. There was no price listed for the F6B.

On another note, I wonder if the F6B comes out in October as well, what are all these Honda dealers going to do with the 2013 & 2014 F6B's they still have in stock? I have emailed back and forth with a few of them and they don't want to budge much on price. I talked to one in North Carolina about taking my R1200RT as a trade. They quoted me the KBB trade in price for my bike. When I looked up the KBB retail price from a dealer for a 2013 F6B, it came to $16,325. When I told them about that, they still wouldn't come down from their $18,096. Of course they had it advertised on Cycle Trader for $16,999, but that was before the $800+ for shipping and prep and $199 document processing fees. I mentioned about it being a model year old and they stuck by it saying it was still a new bike because it has never been owned. While true, when you go to sell it at some point in the future, whoever buys it is not going to care when it was purchased, they will only look at the model year. Sorry for the rant, but dealers bug the S**t out of me.

Also, I bet there will be a lot of 2013 and 2014 used models for sale from owners wanting the cruise control. I wonder if dealers will be able to retro fit the older models. I might just have to wait for the 2015 model now before I get one.

Injun Joe
09-04-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm lil sad !!! I just bought my 2013 F6B 2 weeks ago. I really wanted that cruise and reverse. ANyways its is $7000 more than what I Paid. I guess it will cost me around $1500 to put the -------- and I'll be happy.

Didn't you anticipate that with getting a deal on a '13? I knew the '15s had to be right around the corner. I'm kind of relieved that for me, they really haven't made any changes that cause me big time regret. If anything, I still wonder if I should have gotten a Deluxe instead of a Standard though. But I'd still save the bucks and go with the '13 of either.

XKnight
09-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Glad to see Honda listening to their customers by adding cruise and blacking out the exhaust. New blue looks great too and hopefully, the paint issue will be resolved.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2015-Honda-Gold-Wing-F6B.jpg

Injun Joe
09-04-2014, 10:28 AM
I love the grey/black paint scheme. Also that they are adding cruise control. Not a got to have item, but I have that currently on my R1200RT and it is nice. In reference to the $23,999 price, that is for the base Goldwing I believe. There was no price listed for the F6B.

On another note, I wonder if the F6B comes out in October as well, what are all these Honda dealers going to do with the 2013 & 2014 F6B's they still have in stock? I have emailed back and forth with a few of them and they don't want to budge much on price. I talked to one in North Carolina about taking my R1200RT as a trade. They quoted me the KBB trade in price for my bike. When I looked up the KBB retail price from a dealer for a 2013 F6B, it came to $16,325. When I told them about that, they still wouldn't come down from their $18,096. Of course they had it advertised on Cycle Trader for $16,999, but that was before the $800+ for shipping and prep and $199 document processing fees. I mentioned about it being a model year old and they stuck by it saying it was still a new bike because it has never been owned. While true, when you go to sell it at some point in the future, whoever buys it is not going to care when it was purchased, they will only look at the model year. Sorry for the rant, but dealers bug the S**t out of me.

Also, I bet there will be a lot of 2013 and 2014 used models for sale from owners wanting the cruise control. I wonder if dealers will be able to retro fit the older models. I might just have to wait for the 2015 model now before I get one.

Sounds like you really should ought to wait. Personally, I was happy to get the price break I did on the '13. In my part of the country if you wanted a decent price on a trade-in, it would be best to wait until spring. Dealers don't want to winter over with a bunch of used inventory. I'm finding it hard to get interest on my old bike via craigslist because motorcycle season here is drawing to a close.

Kirkster1520
09-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Sounds like you really should ought to wait. Personally, I was happy to get the price break I did on the '13. In my part of the country if you wanted a decent price on a trade-in, it would be best to wait until spring. Dealers don't want to winter over with a bunch of used inventory. I'm finding it hard to get interest on my old bike via craigslist because motorcycle season here is drawing to a close.

Yeah, I am trying to sell my R1200RT now. Not having much luck yet. I have it listed on here, 4 other sport touring forums, Craigslist and Cycle Trader. If I don't sell it soon, I'll just wait until spring and see what 2015 F6B's are around. Also, the dealers don't seem to want to deal too much on the 2013's I've checked on. Now they are going to have new bikes in their show room that are 2 model years old. They better drop the prices more or they aren't going to sell.

Kirkster1520
09-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Glad to see Honda listening to their customers by adding cruise and blacking out the exhaust. New blue looks great too and hopefully, the paint issue will be resolved.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2015-Honda-Gold-Wing-F6B.jpg

I do like that blue too! It's going to be a tough choice if I want to get a 2015 F6B.

bobbyf6b
09-04-2014, 10:44 AM
All I can say is WOW. Finally, right? I don't need reverse, I know how to park facing uphill. But the cruise would be really nice, especially after my latest trip. The black exhaust looks great that's why I painted mine black LOL.

The one that has my eyes popping is the red/black full wing. The more long trips I take on my F6 the more I think a full wing would be awesome. But I will be keeping my 6 for a while. I'm still upside down on it anyway. :icon_frown:

F6B1911
09-04-2014, 11:08 AM
I think I need / WANT a set of the black pipes ....
Hmmmm? Trade In or hit the parts counter?

Jimmytee
09-04-2014, 11:41 AM

I paid $15651 for my 13 standard in July. Out the door for $17500 that included tax and license/registration. Plus I got the $1000 accessories. I just knew that if the F6B was to continue and be successful, Honda would have to add the cruise to it.

F6BPDX
09-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Cruise would be nice, the matte grey with the black looks great, but I wouldn't trade the last 10 months and 16,000 miles of enjoyment for them. I am not good at waiting around.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind grabbing a set of those pipes for my red one, but with OEM pricing being what it is I would probably just go with Torq Masters.

Injun Joe
09-04-2014, 12:03 PM
All I can say is WOW. Finally, right? I don't need reverse, I know how to park facing uphill. But the cruise would be really nice, especially after my latest trip. The black exhaust looks great that's why I painted mine black LOL.

The one that has my eyes popping is the red/black full wing. The more long trips I take on my F6 the more I think a full wing would be awesome. But I will be keeping my 6 for a while. I'm still upside down on it anyway. :icon_frown:

That Goldwing paint scheme really caught my eye too.

Mrf13
09-04-2014, 12:21 PM
I agree with Bobby. The new red and black full wing is beautiful. Would look even better converted to a F6B.

motoman
09-04-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm excited for all the black used ones that will be available as people swap to aftermarket pipes!

Not. :nono:

Unlike many other bikes, there is very little power to be gained by swapping pipes on a Wing. Or a Valkyrie or an ST1300 for that matter. And most cruisers don't need or want any additional noise.

How many miles you got on your F6 now, Cabbie? That's what impresses Wingers. A lot more than what your bike happens to look like. :icon_wink:

ghostrider
09-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm liking the new colors and black pipes and loving the cruise! That's the only disapointment I had in the F6B.
Now I know, sooner or later there will be an F6B in my future with cruise control. :icon_biggrin:

ISLANDER1089
09-04-2014, 01:18 PM

Unlike many other bikes, there is very little power to be gained by swapping pipes on a Wing. Or a Valkyrie or an ST1300 for that matter. And most cruisers don't need or want any additional noise.

How many miles you got on your F6 now, Cabbie? That's what impresses Wingers. A lot more than what your bike happens to look like. :icon_wink:

Having owned a few Harleys I think it's safe to say that going to an aftermarket pipe is all about the sound and the look than for performance. If a new pipe improves performance, that's an added bonus. There will be many buyers for the 2015 F6B who don't care for the blacked out exhaust and prefer the look of chrome. I would like a wee bit more growl and I like the black pipes so I'll be looking to swap my stock chrome pipes for the black when the "take off" sales begin.

er.medic
09-04-2014, 01:35 PM
I am a little disappointed, I would have liked the new paint, the cruise, the reverse, and the black pipes. Although it doesn't mention that ABS will be an option, I wonder why :shrug:

luckyluciano
09-04-2014, 01:56 PM
I am a little disappointed, I would have liked the new paint, the cruise, the reverse, and the black pipes. Although it doesn't mention that ABS will be an option, I wonder why :shrug:

Yea,
I too am a little depressed reading this. Love the blue, cruise, reverse. I hope it's real expensive so I don't feel so bad.

hiflyer
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM

During my Franklin ride last week-end, I was grateful I didn't have to listen to that loud crap. I reeled in and passed several Hogs during the ride so I wouldn't have to listen to them.

XKnight
09-04-2014, 02:37 PM

Yea,
I too am a little depressed reading this. Love the blue, cruise, reverse. I hope it's real expensive so I don't feel so bad.

There is no reverse gear offered on the FB6. You just have to use your feet and be careful where you park. Has never been an issue for me and would add too much extra weight to the F6B. At that point you might as well go for a full Gold Wing.

No ABS option is surprising though since after cruise control that has been the other most requested item and is already available in Canada.

SpeedyWho
09-04-2014, 02:50 PM

I'd bet you'd be looking for another place to live if you traded bikes again. Hell I'm in the same boat, a new bike is outa the question, our trade ins would be terrible with all the miles you and I have racked up so far.

bigbird
09-04-2014, 03:01 PM
I also really like that new black colour scheme; the blue not so much.

I may be in the minority, but I still like the chrome. It's classier. Black looks cheap.
Remember the Kawasaki Mean Streak? It had black pipes, and after a couple of years they looked awful.

As for the cruise, the added cost and the complexity don't trump a good throttle lock like a Brakeaway.
It will be interesting to see how much the Deluxe package will now cost with the cruise as part of it.
For $180, the Brakeaway is way cheaper than buying a '15 at full list price.

In Canada the '13's (only in black, no deluxe package available, but ABS standard) are now going for $5k off list.
'14's are still full list until the '15's hit our showrooms, which won't likely be until next Spring.

Bike44
09-04-2014, 03:05 PM
I doubt Honda Japan specs the bikes sold in worldwide markets. That's likely left to their various distributors on the continents. If motorcycles have a spec, it's because of regulations and the potential for sales versus installed equipment.

I have a simple Throttlemeister for fixed cruise on my F6B. But the 2015 option for one would be better. Same for ABS, traction control, security, and on and on. The USA price point sets the equipment list.

Injun Joe
09-04-2014, 03:15 PM

Sure see a lot of talk of pipes being replaced right here on this forum. Granted, there are plenty stay stock too. But of those that get replaced, a decent amount of oems will be for sale.

Oh and I don't give a d*mn about mileage. 1500 in 3 weeks. I know, I know -- you do that before lunch. Whatever. The day I'm out to impress "Wingers" will be the day I start seeing how much chrome crap and lights I can stick on. :icon_wink:

Elroy
09-04-2014, 03:20 PM
As for the cruise, the added cost and the complexity don't trump a good throttle lock like a Brakeaway.
It will be interesting to see how much the Deluxe package will now cost with the cruise as part of it.

The article said cruise will be standard issue, not exclusive to deluxe models

bigbird
09-04-2014, 03:22 PM
The article said cruise will be standard issue, not exclusive to deluxe models

You'd better go to Honda's US website. Cruise only comes with the Deluxe package on the '15 F6B.

http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2015/gold-wing-f6b/options.aspx

Texas TC
09-04-2014, 03:29 PM
For all of you who have wanted cruise control ( I'm not in that category, Go Cruise is perfectly acceptable for my long distance riding) salivate on. I personally do not like matte finish paint so the gray/ black is not my cup of tea. Shiny black exhaust will be a nightmare to keep clean and spot free. The blue is a bit too blue for me. Having reviewed the Honda website introducing the '15 F6B, I am perfectly happy with my big red machine with my personally selected accessories and 22.000 miles of pleasurable riding.

I have to wonder, after listening to all the moaning and groaning about the lack of cruise for the past two years, if Honda will even sell one standard F6B after the '15 models hit the dealerships. According to the website, the cruise is only a component of the Deluxe package. I also wonder what Honda is going to add to the price for the Deluxe. Right now, both version pricing is listed as TBD. It is probably going to be very close to the base model full Wing pricing. Having owned two full Wings and prefer the more basic F6B offering, I do wonder if the Deluxe with cruise might just price itself too close to the base model full Wing and keep potential F6B customers from buying the best handling, most fun motorcycle Honda ever produced.

Time will tell.:icon_rolleyes:

Elroy
09-04-2014, 03:34 PM
You'd better go to Honda's US website. Cruise only comes with the Deluxe package on the '15 F6B.

http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2015/gold-wing-f6b/options.aspx

If you go the page you linked, and click Overview on left side (this is the page I had looked at earlier), at about the middle of the page it reads:

Cruise Control
New for 2015, we’re introducing cruise control as a standard feature. It’s a perfect addition for a bike like the F6B that’s designed for some serious distance riding.

I see where it says its an "add" on the page you linked for the deluxe however. But that wording on their "overview" might mislead some....like me. ;-)

CheckpointChcky
09-04-2014, 04:44 PM
But, but, but they will now make an aftermarket cruise control for the older bikes, right?

Massroll
09-04-2014, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't mind the cruise, but that's about all that interested me on the new ones. Not enough to trade my 2 month old 2013 Deluxe in on, that's for sure. :icon_biggrin: I never had cruise on any of my other bikes, but I can see the appeal. Glad I got a bit over 3K off the 2014 price. Now I don't feel so bad. :yes: I am curious to see how they price them.

One more thing. I've never been a huge fan of regular Gold Wings, but that Red/black unit looks really nice!

Steve 0080
09-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Just called...waiting for price......as a side note...just road 2059 miles and used the "go cruise" about 5 miles of that!!!

Random Factor
09-04-2014, 05:11 PM
It looks nice. I like the blue a lot. I think it is my favorite color so far. Flat grey doesn't really speak to me, though. Wonder if they will do a white one in 2016.

But I like my chrome pipes. Red is more visible on the highway. I've never had a bike with cruise control anyway, and I got a really good deal on my 2013 3 weeks ago partially based on the assertion that the 2015s were bound to be coming out any time now.

We all realized this was coming, right? I don't feel bad at all.

opas ride
09-04-2014, 06:42 PM
I am glad that Honda is offering cruise control on the F6B for 2015 so those poor souls that bought one without can quit the moaning and groaning and enjoy this great bike as it is...I have had cruise on a couple of bikes and seldom, if ever, used it..My choice and I knew going in that cruise was not available and it was in no way a deal breaker for me...Ride safe...

Reedman71
09-04-2014, 06:56 PM
I think that the fact that Honda listened to the masses and offered cruise and reverse speaks volumes about the company.

bigbird
09-04-2014, 07:00 PM
But, but, but they will now make an aftermarket cruise control for the older bikes, right?

A real cruise control, based on speed sensors and run by electronics, is difficult to install and expensive. Honda's existing cruise on the current Wing is a mechanical cruise that moves the throttle plates via the throttle cables, not a drive-by-wire type that Triumph, H-D, and many others now employ. I really doubt if Honda will offer a retrofit kit for '13 and '14 FB6's, as the ECU is involved as well as the brake and clutch microswitches. Don't hold your breath on this one.

bigbird
09-04-2014, 07:01 PM
I think that the fact that Honda listened to the masses and offered cruise and reverse speaks volumes about the company.

What reverse on F6B's? In Europe, possibly, but not N. America according to their website.

bigbird
09-04-2014, 07:03 PM
I see where it says its an "add" on the page you linked for the deluxe however. But that wording on their "overview" might mislead some....like me. ;-)

Yeah, it's standard all right, but only on the Deluxe package. Another very misleading advertising trick.

Exbmwrider
09-04-2014, 07:32 PM
...and the fast red ones become even more collectible!

Big Jay
09-04-2014, 08:14 PM
...and the fast red ones become even more collectible!

Right on, fast and rare. :biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Elin in So. Cal.
09-04-2014, 08:20 PM
That Goldwing paint scheme really caught my eye too.

To me, paint's just paint. I guess knowing I can change it (like folks change the exhaust pipes and all) is what leads me to say, "meh" to blue or silver. That is such a base coat.....

:icon_mrgreen:

naga viper
09-04-2014, 08:24 PM
It looks nice. I like the blue a lot. I think it is my favorite color so far. Flat grey doesn't really speak to me, though. Wonder if they will do a white one in 2016.

But I like my chrome pipes. Red is more visible on the highway. I've never had a bike with cruise control anyway, and I got a really good deal on my 2013 3 weeks ago partially based on the assertion that the 2015s were bound to be coming out any time now.

We all realized this was coming, right? I don't feel bad at all.

Well before my f6b I was going to buy a white wing!
had honda did a white with cruise and abs I would have one on order!
Reverse not interested.

Phantom
09-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I am glad that Honda is offering cruise control on the F6B for 2015 so those poor souls that bought one without can quit the moaning and groaning and enjoy this great bike as it is...I have had cruise on a couple of bikes and seldom, if ever, used it..My choice and I knew going in that cruise was not available and it was in no way a deal breaker for me...Ride safe...

I'm one of those "POOR SOULS" that has refused to sell his Goldwing with Cruise for a F6B without cruise. Unlike you, I use my cruise control ALL OF THE TIME !

Voicing my desires of a cruise control on a F6B is NOT moaning or groaning as you so eloquently have posted. I already have other bikes without cruise, not interested in adding another to my stable without cruise.

You DO NOT know the riding style nor NEEDS of other riders that prefer to have a cruise control on longer trips, especially those of us that may have carpal tunnel or circulation issues on our hands. Cruise control allows us to remove our right hand and stretch it.

Try posting a little bit on the positive side and stop being so critical or cynical, it's getting old. If you had attended the Rally, you would have experienced the opposite of your negativity. EVERYONE was so positive and HELPFUL not critical or negative. I'm not slamming you just getting a bit tired of the un-necessary crap that you post that contributes nothing and is intended to piss someone else off.

Ride Safe

CheesyRider
09-04-2014, 08:40 PM
New blue looks great too and hopefully, the paint issue will be resolved.

I saw a blue Valkyrie in the flesh a few weeks ago. The paint looked great and appeared to have a nice thick clear coat. There were no fine scratches to be found on the Valkyrie as opposed to the red and black F6Bs that were on the floor. If the blue paint on the 2015 F6B is the same as the blue on the 2014 Valkyrie, paint problems might be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, there have been so few Valkyries sold that there is no real world information I can find to verify that the blue is really as good as it appeared to be on the showroom floor.

badpapi
09-04-2014, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't mind the cruise, but that's about all that interested me on the new ones. Not enough to trade my 2 month old 2013 Deluxe in on, that's for sure. :icon_biggrin: I never had cruise on any of my other bikes, but I can see the appeal. Glad I got a bit over 3K off the 2014 price. Now I don't feel so bad. :yes: I am curious to see how they price them.

One more thing. I've never been a huge fan of regular Gold Wings, but that Red/black unit looks really nice!:lolup:

also massroll haven see your bike yet .\
hit me up soon we can maybe go for a lil cruise around .

CarolinaRider
09-04-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm one of those "POOR SOULS" that has refused to sell his Goldwing with Cruise for a F6B without cruise. Unlike you, I use my cruise control ALL OF THE TIME !

Voicing my desires of a cruise control on a F6B is NOT moaning or groaning as you so eloquently have posted. I already have other bikes without cruise, not interested in adding another to my stable without cruise.

You DO NOT know the riding style nor NEEDS of other riders that prefer to have a cruise control on longer trips, especially those of us that may have corporal tunnel or circulation issues on our hands. Cruise control allows us to remove our right hand and stretch it.

Try posting a little bit on the positive side and stop being so critical or cynical, it's getting old. If you had attended the Rally, you would have experienced the opposite of your negativity. EVERYONE was so positive and HELPFUL not critical or negative. I'm not slamming you just getting a bit tired of the un-necessary crap that you post that contributes nothing and is intended to piss someone else off.

Ride Safe

Thanks Phantom- I like your moderating techniques!

srt8-in-largo
09-04-2014, 08:51 PM

You DO NOT know the riding style nor NEEDS of other riders that prefer to have a cruise control on longer trips, especially those of us that may have corporal tunnel or circulation issues on our hands. Cruise control allows us to remove our right hand and stretch it.

Ride Safe

Easy big fella, I kinda agree with Opas. It's disappointing hearing so many prospective new riders say no cruise is a deal breaker... disappointing because they're missing out on one helluva bike... but you're darn tootin' that there's no replacement for a proper electronic cruise system. My Go-Cruise hasn't been cuttin' it.

I've got a close eye on the 2015 model with the hope that the cruise will be retrofittable... and affordable.

XKnight
09-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Easy big fella, I kinda agree with Opas. It's disappointing hearing so many prospective new riders say no cruise is a deal breaker... disappointing because they're missing out on one helluva bike...

I share your opinion too. :yes:

wantone
09-04-2014, 09:03 PM
I've got a close eye on the 2015 model with the hope that the cruise will be retrofittable... and affordable.

Well I called Honda this afternoon to ask the same question. They said there is no way they will have a retrofit kit available cuz there are lot of things involved the way Honda has cruise on their bikes.

Considering that I'm might go with --------. I know it is expensive but in the long run it will be much cheaper than trade in on a new bike. I also might reach out to one of the forum member who has -------- to help me put it. Obviously I'll pay for the Job. Once I get the installation steps printed, I might take it to one of the local mechanic and see how much he charges for the job in winter. I hope with the slow business he might be inclined to help me out. He has already told me that I will get a discount cuz he has not done one yet and he might learn something from of it.

Phantom
09-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Easy big fella, I kinda agree with Opas. It's disappointing hearing so many prospective new riders say no cruise is a deal breaker... disappointing because they're missing out on one helluva bike... but you're darn tootin' that there's no replacement for a proper electronic cruise system. My Go-Cruise hasn't been cuttin' it.

For some the cruise control is a must, just like heated grips is a must for others.

You didn't need cruise to pull the trigger, however you are interested to see if you can retrofit it on to your bike. Obviously the Go-Cruise has not lived up to your expectations. Hopefully the retrofit will use the existing wiring harness, I presume/guess that the right side handlebar knuckle will need to be replaced.

I need a cruise for long distance, hence owning the "grandpa" couch rocket as my friends call it. I'm not missing out on this helluva a bike, my standard Goldwing rides just as well, is equipped with the cruise and fits my needs.

opas ride
09-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Look at many of the older posts since the day the F6B came out...Many, many owners were bad mouthing Honda for not offering cruise control on the F6B..I am only saying that if you wanted or needed it that much, why not buy something else or a GW...We are all supposedly mature adults here and all knew going in that no F6B cruise was offered so why complain about it all the time!!!..."Poor souls" was perhaps a bad choice of words on my part,but I am sorry I just got a little tired of people "whinning" about the lack of cruise control when they new it going in.....Now I am sure many will start again about ABS brakes or something else...Maybe that is the way Honda makes changes to their products, maybe not....Again, I am not finding fault with those that need or want cruise control as we are different in our riding styles....I love my F6B, as do most on this board, or they would not be or reading this info.....Regards and ride safe....

srt8-in-largo
09-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Well I called Honda this afternoon to ask the same question. They said there is no way they will have a retrofit kit available cuz there are lot of things involved the way Honda has cruise on their bikes.

Considering that I'm might go with --------. I know it is expensive but in the long run it will be much cheaper than trade in on a new bike. I also might reach out to one of the forum member who has -------- to help me put it. Obviously I'll pay for the Job. Once I get the installation steps printed, I might take it to one of the local mechanic and see how much he charges for the job in winter. I hope with the slow business he might be inclined to help me out. He has already told me that I will get a discount cuz he has not done one yet and he might learn something from of it.

It would be ideal if Honda made a plug-n-play OEM kit but the reason they're balking is, I'm sure, the same reason why it's so difficult to retrofit a GW cruise system. Regardless of what folks may say, a GW system CAN be retrofitted but the difficulty in doing that is so prohibitive that it's almost equivalent to saying it can't be done.

Plan B is to go with an aftermarket electronic cruise and purchase the 2015 F6B bar-buttons to operate it. Nobody would be the wiser about it not being an OEM setup. Several on the GW forums have gone this route with apparently good success; now us F6B'ers get to do it.

As for installation... why would you not enjoy the satisfaction of doing the work yourself?

Injun Joe
09-05-2014, 07:19 AM
To me, paint's just paint. I guess knowing I can change it (like folks change the exhaust pipes and all) is what leads me to say, "meh" to blue or silver. That is such a base coat.....

:icon_mrgreen:

I hear ya. I'm different from most folks around here though -- for me, the visual is VERY high on my list of priorities as the bike I ride is a personal statement. I appreciate all the technical stuff that has one guy going 125mph and others going 1,000+ miles in a day routinely. Or the guy that brags about going twice the speed limit in the twisties. But that ain't me.

Honestly, if I didn't love the look of the stock F6B so much from the first time I saw it, I'd never have even considered it. There are only three -- maybe four bikes that really do it for me in current production: The Indian (apart from the Roadmaster and Scout), the Triumph Rocket III, the Suzuki M109R (if it's still in production in it's original styling -- not sure), and the Honda F6B. There are many sweet bikes out there and a few that I wouldn't own if you paid me all based on looks alone -- but only those REALLY do it for me visually.

Now can I repaint? Sure. And I guess I'll eventually be forced to thanks to Honda's crap stock paint. But I didn't buy the FB6 with repainting in mind. Also, I happen to like either the original black or red better than I do the new colors. I'm undecided on whether I like black or chrome pipes better but my original comment was that it's nice to know there will be black ones soon on the used market should I choose to go black.

Injun Joe
09-05-2014, 07:28 AM
I saw a blue Valkyrie in the flesh a few weeks ago. The paint looked great and appeared to have a nice thick clear coat. There were no fine scratches to be found on the Valkyrie as opposed to the red and black F6Bs that were on the floor. If the blue paint on the 2015 F6B is the same as the blue on the 2014 Valkyrie, paint problems might be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, there have been so few Valkyries sold that there is no real world information I can find to verify that the blue is really as good as it appeared to be on the showroom floor.

According to the Honda America rep I talked to, neither of the original two colors have a clear coat overlay. If the Valkyrie does, it's a departure from what was done on the original F6B.

Phantom
09-05-2014, 07:37 AM
According to the Honda America rep I talked to, neither of the original two colors have a clear coat overlay. If the Valkyrie does, it's a departure from what was done on the original F6B.

My understanding is that Honda is applying a clear coat to Metallic, Pearl and Candied Paints

Injun Joe
09-05-2014, 07:50 AM
As for installation... why would you not enjoy the satisfaction of doing the work yourself?

Because of the petrifying fear before doing it in my case. I'm trying to get over that aspect, but then another in my case is that I owned almost zero tools before I determined that I wanted to start doing SOME work myself. I've found several times that I spend as much if not more in buying tools as I would have paying someone to do the job.

Finally, there is the issue of time. My best friend and I go round and round about this all the time: He is the consummate tinkerer and loves all his vintage bikes and the constant tinkering involved. Honestly, I think he enjoys that a lot more than riding these days for whatever reason. But for me, I love riding and going places. Since I still work and have a close family that demands lots of time and other interests/hobbies besides motorcycles, the time I spend wrenching even simple things is time spent away from riding.

To each their own. I get why some people do all their own work and admire them greatly. I also know first hand a few reasons others do not do their own work.

Steve 0080
09-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Cabby...The Indian (apart from the Roadmaster and Scout), the Triumph Rocket III, the Suzuki M109R (if it's still in production in it's original styling -- not sure), and the Honda F6B. There are many sweet bikes out there and a few that I wouldn't own if you paid me all based on looks alone -- but only those REALLY do it for me visually.

I see we agree as far as the Roadmaster goes...absolutely butt ugly...is it just me or is Indian trying to convince people it is the greatest ever built?

Reedman71
09-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Where did the four-way hazard lights button go? And shouldn't there be a reverse on/off button right beside the starter button? (Pre-Production photos?)

Injun Joe
09-05-2014, 08:45 AM
I see we agree as far as the Roadmaster goes...absolutely butt ugly...is it just me or is Indian trying to convince people it is the greatest ever built?

I think the Roadmaster is an atrocity and yes, they were pushing it really hard at Sturgis. The most compelling argument I heard though is you could buy it and a Scout for just about the same money as an Ultra Glide. /lol

The Scout on the other hand is an incredible bike. I'm not super stoked on the looks, but I like it well enough. If I wasn't afraid of looking like a circus bear on a tricycle riding it...

myob
09-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Honda is slowly realizing that it cannot protect its precious GoldWing by making it the only bike in its line with cruise. It may have worked in the past, but the competition is heating up. Cruise is no longer a luxury feature, but expected in any touring capable bike. I ride the ST1300 and it took me about $130 in parts and some labor to get a full cruise working. It maintains speed on hilly terrain and responds properly to brake activation and declutching. Honda could have done the same in the many years they have had this essentially unchanged model. In their desire to protect the GoldWing, Honda has lost many riders to competitors like FJR and BMW R1200RT. I guess they have figured out it is better to have a rider buy a Honda bike with smaller margins than lose them entirely to competition. When we read that BMW was offering a bagger version of their K1600 bike, I knew Honda cannot sit idle and had to come with cruise, ABS and adjustable shield. It looks like their strategy is to trickle these features down across model years to make upgrade compelling.

srt8-in-largo
09-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Where did the four-way hazard lights button go? And shouldn't there be a reverse on/off button right beside the starter button? (Pre-Production photos?)

The hazard button should be there... but no reverse button; this ain't a full GW.

CheesyRider
09-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Yeah, it's standard all right, but only on the Deluxe package. Another very misleading advertising trick.

The editing of the website (http://powersports.honda.com/2015/gold-wing-f6b.aspx) leaves a lot to be desired. In the overview, they indicate the F6B has "adjustable air suspension". Isn't that only on the full Goldwing? Also, does the F6B really have surround sound with no rear speakers?

I still think there is a good chance the cruise control really is standard. Curb weight is up two pounds from 2014. I doubt they use the deluxe model when they list the curb weight. The only difference I can think of that would add two pounds is the cruise control.

srt8-in-largo
09-05-2014, 11:53 AM
The editing of the website leaves a lot to be desired. In the overview, they indicate the F6B has "adjustable air suspension". Isn't that only on the full Goldwing? Also, does the F6B really have surround sound with no rear speakers?

I still think there is a good chance the cruise control really is standard. Curb weight is up two pounds from 2014. I doubt they use the deluxe model when they list the curb weight. The only difference I can think of that would add two pounds is the cruise control.

The F6 rear suspension is indeed adjustable for pre-load.

Surround sound isn't the right term... but there is an audio "effect" that enhances the listening experience.

CheesyRider
09-05-2014, 12:04 PM
The F6 rear suspension is indeed adjustable for pre-load.
Is it an "air suspension"?

badpapi
09-05-2014, 12:20 PM
:agree:
...nothing I can't live without. Glad I didn't wait.
Cheers,
Steve

I WAS LOOKING FOR A BETTER DISPLAY UNIT LIKE THE GOLD WING NAV COLOR AND BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY TO MY PHONE
i can live without all that new stuff no problem . don't need cruise control , don't care about the color , and black pipes they still stock .
i have now black cobras 626 and baggershield adjustable on the way a back rest and led light all around my bike i don't think I'm changing her anytime soon .
maybe in 2017 they make the way i wanted and maybe i will be done adding accessory

DaWadd
09-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Cabby...The Indian (apart from the Roadmaster and Scout), the Triumph Rocket III, the Suzuki M109R (if it's still in production in it's original styling -- not sure), and the Honda F6B. There are many sweet bikes out there and a few that I wouldn't own if you paid me all based on looks alone -- but only those REALLY do it for me visually.

I just test rode the Roadmaster this morning as the Indian dealership is having a Demo weekend. Not really that bad lookin IMO but quite a slug compared to our F6B's. Seating was cramped and shifting was clunky. I was happy to get back on my Wing on the way home.

austin_tech
09-05-2014, 01:08 PM

Bobby, you won't get your letter of eligibility for a grampawinger until you hit age 65 and your neck starts twitching when you pass DQs ... :icon_biggrin:

Texas TC
09-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Bobby, you won't get your letter of eligibility for a grampawinger until you hit age 65 and your neck starts twitching when you pass DQs ... :icon_biggrin:
Hey, wait a minute. That is my category. 66 in three weeks and the F6B jerks to the right every time I pass the DQ in Valley View Texas coming home from Senior Free Breakfast at Winstar Casino in Oklahoma!

srt8-in-largo
09-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Is it an "air suspension"?

As in inflatable bags? No. Those systems are very few and very far between in an OEM sense for cars. For bikes, I'm not aware of an air suspension for any bike, anywhere, OEM or aftermarket.

Did the marketing folks get a little exuberant in their wording... or maybe the wording is a language translation nuance... who knows. I would much prefer technically precise and accurate descriptions too.

Injun Joe
09-05-2014, 02:52 PM
I just test rode the Roadmaster this morning as the Indian dealership is having a Demo weekend. Not really that bad lookin IMO but quite a slug compared to our F6B's. Seating was cramped and shifting was clunky. I was happy to get back on my Wing on the way home.

Well, IMHO the Roadmaster is butt ugly. Besides that, it's gunked up with the very features I detest in a motorcycle. I didn't even demo it because there was no point. If I got an Indian, it would be one of last year's models, but quite possibly in this year's two tone paint scheme because I'm excited about that. If I were to be offered either a Roadmaster or a Scout for free and I wasn't allowed to sell it, I'd choose the Scout.

Hot04NRX
09-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I agree with Bobby. The new red and black full wing is beautiful. Would look even better converted to a F6B.

I totally agree! That paint scheme really should have gone on the F6B being how the F6B is a sportier bike. I don't like the blue, it looks like a WRX or BRZ....to kiddish (no offense) looking for me. Maybe it is better in person? The matte Gray is nice but it would have been much better in gloss. Matte finishes are a swift pain in the butt to deal with and take care of. Besides I think the trend is over!!! All of this is just my opinion though.

Its nice that there is room on the Forum header...........2 more colors to be added :icon_cool:

Steve 0080
09-05-2014, 05:59 PM
No price yet....bike should be out this year..... so they say

motozeke
09-05-2014, 06:04 PM
To each their own. I get why some people do all their own work and admire them greatly. I also know first hand a few reasons others do not do their own work.

Honestly, I don't know why this is even controversial. Sometimes people seem to refer to their own time as if it has no value. Personally, my time is worth much more to me than the mechanic's time down the street. That's not a slight on him, it's just that I have higher value uses of my time than to work on my own bike, especially if it's not a task that I am very comfortable with and could knock out in an hour or so. Past that, it's just easier and more sensible for me to ride the bike 3 blocks down and have the mechanic do it for me.

fxdl2051
09-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Earlier this year, prices were low as 15K, Cycle Trader is a great place for comparison shopping. I think Honda of Chattanooga had some of the best prices nationally.

Morpheous
09-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Earlier this year, prices were low as 15K, Cycle Trader is a great place for comparison shopping. I think Honda of Chattanooga had some of the best prices nationally.

+1 Honda of Chattanooga'riding'

FF-Ed
09-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Wow that Blue is sharp!

I'm keeping my black, would love a retro OEM cruise tho...

grendl
09-07-2014, 09:55 PM
So far after looking at the new specs,I am content with my '13 black standard. May be just my twisted personality but after a ride from Denver to Madison this summer,an attempt at an Iron Butt(25 hours,maybe next time) and endless 2 and 300 mile shorties I still don't care about or miss Cruise. I have loved the short windshield,when I get serious I'll start looking for a black one,Figured out long ago not to park even my Hurricane facing down hill,still have done it twice on the F6 and managed to push it out, but dont want to have to do THAT again,inch at a time front brake,push.
I do like the black pipes and that is on my wish list,however the pipes I have were installed by a previous owner and I dont think I'll trade my chrome for the black until I figure out how he got that growl mine has.
All said, the new bikes have a few nice things,but not near enough for me to even think of trading,assuming I had the difference in cost.
I love this bike as is, no regrets....

smokinjoe187
09-08-2014, 03:14 AM
so after getting all excited i called my local stealer
told him put me on the list for a silver deluxe
oh btw i want to trade in my 2013....
pause on the phone....
the best i can do is about 9k...
i"solice still in shock
so...i guess a mc cruise is in my future and i guess this will be my last goldwing..
how can it loose 10k in 2 years??
i do take solice in the fact its a good bike,but 10???
holy shit

Injun Joe
09-08-2014, 09:28 AM
pause on the phone....
i"solice still in shock
so...i guess a mc cruise is in my future and i guess this will be my last goldwing..
holy shit

Not surprised. I'm sorry. All I can say (for myself as much as you) is it BETTER be a good bike for a lot of years. :icon_rolleyes:

CheesyRider
09-08-2014, 10:37 AM
With the addition of cruise control on the 2015, I wouldn't be surprised to see new leftover 2014s selling for $14k next year. If there are still some new 2013s left, they might go for little as $13k.

I haven't purchased my F6B yet, but I expect there to be at least a $5k price difference in what one will pay for a 2014 compared to a 2015 next year. I do love the blue color and the cruise, but I have a feeling I'll end up getting a 2014 and will add the aftermarket cruise control.

I'm planning to buy around July next year, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I think I'd be willing pay about $4k more for a current year model with cruise and a color I love.

Scotrod
09-08-2014, 01:03 PM
I'll buy a brand new Blue 15 Deluxe,,,,,

Just after the 2017's hit the floor,,,, :icon_wink:

Jimmytee
09-08-2014, 03:47 PM
I'll buy a brand new Blue 15 Deluxe,,,,,

Just after the 2017's hit the floor,,,, :icon_wink:

Yeah and the 2017s will have 24 variable valves pushing 150 plus hp and 50 mpg :icon_doh::shhh::icon_lol:

Jimmytee
09-08-2014, 03:53 PM
pause on the phone....
i"solice still in shock
holy shit

I only paid $15500 for mine, but am not naive enough to think I'd get a fair shake with a trade in . If I got to have it, and I never thought I would,:shhh: but it will be the -------- or Rostra for me.

CheckpointChcky
09-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Maybe it is a bad thing to buy a first year production model as the prices fluctuate greatly after that. It may be that this bike will retail for $15-16,000.00 new in the future. Can't hardly give my bike away so I'm going to have to keep it for at least another year.

XKnight
09-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Maybe it is a bad thing to buy a first year production model as the prices fluctuate greatly after that. It may be that this bike will retail for $15-16,000.00 new in the future. Can't hardly give my bike away so I'm going to have to keep it for at least another year.

Prices on the new 2015s will keep going up while prices of used ones will continue to go down. That's just how it works. Bikes depreciate in value. Most vehicles lose 30% of their value as soon as you ride/drive off the dealers lot.

A lot of folks paid less for a new leftover 2013 than what you're asking for your used one which is why you're having trouble selling it. You"ll never get all your money back on accesories. You're better off taking them off the bike and selling them separately and you'll get about 50% of your money back that you spent on them. Then, drop the price of your bike at least $1000 - $2000 below what the leftover 13s sold for and you'll have a better chance of selling it. You're still competing with the new leftover 13s that the dealers have and pretty soon the 14s will be getting heavily disounted too.

Kirkster1520
09-10-2014, 11:18 AM
pause on the phone....
i"solice still in shock
holy shit

Since you didn't say whether you had a deluxe model or not I checked both models on KBB.com. The dealers I have talked to about trading my current bike have all used KBB to value trades. So, the base F6B trade-in on KBB is $11,075 and the deluxe is $11,850. They are way low on their offer. You might want to try another stealer.

Injun Joe
09-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Since you didn't say whether you had a deluxe model or not I checked both models on KBB.com. The dealers I have talked to about trading my current bike have all used KBB to value trades. So, the base F6B trade-in on KBB is $11,075 and the deluxe is $11,850. They are way low on their offer. You might want to try another stealer.

Snow is predicted in Denver Friday. In climates such as ours, seasonality greatly impacts pricing -- especially for smaller dealers who can't afford a lot of dead inventory over the winter months. Since the 2015 models are still a few months out -- closer to spring, the story might be somewhat different at that juncture.

Kirkster1520
09-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Snow is predicted in Denver Friday. In climates such as ours, seasonality greatly impacts pricing -- especially for smaller dealers who can't afford a lot of dead inventory over the winter months. Since the 2015 models are still a few months out -- closer to spring, the story might be somewhat different at that juncture.

Yeah I agree that the season definitely impacts pricing. Mine trade-in price for my BMW dropped $700 just in the last 2-3 weeks. Smokinjoe187 is in CA so I would think the weather wouldn't be as much of a factor where he is.

smokinjoe187
09-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Yeah I agree that the season definitely impacts pricing. Mine trade-in price for my BMW dropped $700 just in the last 2-3 weeks. Smokinjoe187 is in CA so I would think the weather wouldn't be as much of a factor where he is.

its not a factor,they offered to put it on consignment but i have done this before,with new 2013s still for sale at 13 k why would any one buy it??
anyways,we all new this going in and yes i checked kelly blue book and i have a deLuxe
i am going with a mc cruise and an oem 2015 throttle housing...
and keep my money in the bank..lets see if this is really a 300 k bike

Scotrod
09-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Sometimes, taking a bike back to where you bought it as a trade in has it's benefits. The Dealer can pull up how much he made on you the first time, and kind of 'take that into account' during the deal on the new one.

If you take it elsewhere, it's just another used bike.

In my case, Cruise is a non-issue. I have cruise in my RAM and even after trailering to Franklin and back,,, 2000 mile's,,,, it proved to be more of a PITA than a help,,, I guess it would be OK if you were slow as mud, but I'm at/above the speed limit and there's just too much traffic to REALLY use cruise for any extended amount of time,,,

AH HA!!!! :idea: Now I get it!!!

I bet all you guys who are :tissue: about cruise are the same the ones that poke along doin 50 in a 70, bitchin that all the cars that are passin ya are all driving like madmen!!! :cus: :old: :furious:

:stirthepot: :poke:

bigbird
09-10-2014, 01:17 PM
The Canadian specs for the '15 F6B are now up on the Honda Canada website.

Again, we do not have base and deluxe models, only one model.

Yes, cruise has been added as standard equipment on our only model.
And yes, ABS is still standard on our only model. Our colour choices are the same as in the US. Price is also TBD later.

The bummer is still if we want all those accessories that come on the US Deluxe version, we have to pay the outrageous Canadian accessory prices, or cross border shop.

racer
09-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Never had cruise on a motorcycle so I've never missed it. In my 4 wheelers it is only good when you are passing everyone or being passed by everyone. Otherwise, it is on and off, on and off, on and off ad nauseum.

Kirkster1520
09-10-2014, 01:22 PM
The Canadian specs for the '15 F6B are now up on the Honda Canada website.

Again, we do not have base and deluxe models, only one model.

Yes, cruise has been added as standard equipment on our only model.
And yes, ABS is still standard on our only model. Our colour choices are the same as in the US. Price is also TBD later.

The bummer is still if we want all those accessories that come on the US Deluxe version, we have to pay the outrageous Canadian accessory prices, or cross border shop.

Can someone explain to me why the Canadian model has ABS and the USA model does not? Just curious.

bigbird
09-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Can someone explain to me why the Canadian model has ABS and the USA model does not? Just curious.

Unless a member on here works for Mother Honda, you'll never know why.

Bike44
09-10-2014, 02:29 PM

I believe Honda Japan (http://world.honda.com/motorcycle/) builds them to specs requested by their various national distributors. If Honda.Ca (http://motorcycle.honda.ca) wants ABS, they get ABS. If Honda USA (http://powersports.honda.com) doesn't, we don't get it. Europe doesn't want some Goldwing models (http://www.hondamc.eu).

Kirkster1520
09-12-2014, 09:24 AM
I believe Honda Japan (http://world.honda.com/motorcycle/) builds them to specs requested by their various national distributors. If Honda.Ca (http://motorcycle.honda.ca) wants ABS, they get ABS. If Honda USA (http://powersports.honda.com) doesn't, we don't get it. Europe doesn't want some Goldwing models (http://www.hondamc.eu).

That's interesting. Well it looks like Honda listened to people about wanting cruise control. I guess if enough riders voice their opinion about wanting ABS, then Honda will include that in a future model. Maybe 2016? I've had it on a couple of bikes I've owned. To me it is a nice to have, but not a necessity.

Reedman71
09-12-2014, 09:35 AM
I read on another forum that ABS is mandated by law on anything over a certain displacement (200cc?) in various countries. Removing for the US is simply to increase profit margin. I cannot confirm that this is true.

Reedman71
09-12-2014, 09:39 AM
I read on another forum that ABS is mandated by law on anything over a certain displacement (200cc?) in various countries. Removing for the US is simply to increase profit margin. I cannot confirm that this is true.

A quick check of Wikipedia turned this up: "The European Commission passed legislation in 2012 that made the fitment with ABS for all new motorcycles above 125cc to be mandatory from 1 January 2016."

There was no mention of Canada.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_braking_system_for_motorcycles#Perception_and _legislation

bigbird
09-12-2014, 10:42 AM
A quick check of Wikipedia turned this up: "The European Commission passed legislation in 2012 that made the fitment with ABS for all new motorcycles above 125cc to be mandatory from 1 January 2016."

There was no mention of Canada.

That's correct, Canada has no mandatory requirement for ABS on any motorcycle. I'll take the ABS on mine rather than cruise, or I could just buy a '15 and have both. (Won't happen unless i receive some kind of monetary windfall)

But the old adage about getting something for nothing still holds. We pay dearly for our F6B's. List on the basic '14's was $23k + freight and PDI. Of course that's in $Cdn, which is currently about 90% of the $US. If you take ABS as worth $1k retail, that still puts our F6B at $22k. Not cheap.

srt8-in-largo
09-12-2014, 09:13 PM
That's interesting. Well it looks like Honda listened to people about wanting cruise control. I guess if enough riders voice their opinion about wanting ABS, then Honda will include that in a future model. Maybe 2016? I've had it on a couple of bikes I've owned. To me it is a nice to have, but not a necessity.

Who's to say if they listened or not; for all we know cruise control for MY2015 was the plan since day one.

Steve 0080
09-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Who's to say if they listened or not; for all we know cruise control for MY2015 was the plan since day one.

TRUST ME...they are listening !!!!!

Jimmytee
09-13-2014, 07:52 AM

I want a supercharged 24 valve 150 + hp , along with cruise and 40-50 mpg would be nice . :165fs373950:

Honda??????? Honda????? Hondaaaaa???????:shhh:

flyboy
09-13-2014, 09:19 PM
I want a supercharged 24 valve 150 + hp , along with cruise and 40-50 mpg would be nice . :165fs373950:

+1

grendl
09-13-2014, 10:15 PM
I think we all have different types of love affairs with our bikes.
I got my black standard in about June,have put 9200 miles on it to date. When I bought it it has 2k. Got a great deal,the owner traded it for a Harly but he put the 'paddle;type grip on the right hand which is my 'cruise. I just get her going, keep my hand in the same place ,accelerate when I want to ease up as I need. I am cool with that.I do understand need to relax or stretch your hand, But gas stops will do for a while. It has pipes that I still cant identify but have a really a nice growl to them. The forward footrest I like to look at but rarely use,a backrest I thought I would not like but does a good job of keeping me in the saddle on my 'sudden bursts of enthusiasm' :-)
Coming off a 93 Hurricane it took some getting used to but like my Hurricane,this one is a keeper no matter what Honda does next. I really love this bike.
I do like the black pipes,but figure when the lotto hits,I'll have mine maybe 'black chromed' if that is possible(?)
When I get a bike,and keep it,I fall in love and don't think the pretty new secretary is going to separate us for a looonng time. And a Gold Wing? It will last.
..and yes, I still have -and ride -my Hurricane....
I guess all I'm saying is for me,not going to trade not an issue. oh- did I mention I like my F6B as is ? :icon_redface:

smokinjoe187
09-15-2014, 10:18 PM

bull crap...if they were listening then there would be a retrofit kit too
lets face it
the only reason honda fixed this is because the 2014 are still sitting in the ware house unsold...they are a for profit company
its there fault period if this bike flops

Steve 0080
09-15-2014, 11:42 PM
bull crap...if they were listening then there would be a retrofit kit too
lets face it
the only reason honda fixed this is because the 2014 are still sitting in the ware house unsold...they are a for profit company
its there fault period if this bike flops

I believe I posted " They are listening"........ I never posted they would DO anything about what they heard........ :spank:

smokinjoe187
09-16-2014, 12:25 AM
I believe I posted " They are listening"........ I never posted they would DO anything about what they heard........ :spank:

point made....still a little upset though...
i really love this bike but it could have been so much more...
maybe 2015 will fix it,but honda has a habit of dropping bad selling lines...
even if they are the ones that screwed the pooch

srt8-in-largo
09-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Joe, if you're THAT upset, the OEM cruise can be retrofitted it just may not be easy.

The easier and cheaper solution will probably be a Rostra kit wired into the OEM cruise buttons. Now where's that dang easy button??

Hornblower
09-16-2014, 11:26 AM

Interesting thought 'youwish'. Of course, it wouldn't have to be supercharged to make a measly 150 hp. With today's technology, a 1.8L can produce that and more without doing anything remotely exotic. The interesting question, to me, is how many would be interested in a "SuperSix", that is, an F6B that has real performance upgrades in hp, suspension, and braking. I know I would and I would pay considerably more to get it. How many others would :shrug:?

bigbird
09-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Of course, it wouldn't have to be supercharged to make a measly 150 hp. With today's technology, a 1.8L can produce that and more without doing anything remotely exotic. The interesting question, to me, is how many would be interested in a "SuperSix", that is, an F6B that has real performance upgrades in hp, suspension, and braking. I know I would and I would pay considerably more to get it. How many others would :shrug:?

To get that kind of power out of a naturally aspirated 1.8L flat six, Honda would need 4 valve heads, increased compression, and either variable cam timing or hotter cams. Unfortunately, there are trade-offs for that performance gain. You would lose the current ultra flat torque curve, likely need 91 RON fuel, and need at least a close ratio 6 speed trans to deal with the narrower and higher rpm torque curve. I am more than happy with my FB6's flat torque curve and locomotive like pulling power from 1k to 5k rpm. If I wanted a dragster I would get a Yamaha V-Max.

smokinjoe187
09-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Joe, if you're THAT upset, the OEM cruise can be retrofitted it just may not be easy.

The easier and cheaper solution will probably be a Rostra kit wired into the OEM cruise buttons. Now where's that dang easy button??

i guess the reason i'm am upset so much is foolish
i really love this bike...would buy it again hands down no question
but just frustrated..i'd buy a 2015 in a minute if it my bike now wasn't devalued so badly
and yes...i will add cruise and get a factory switch
but it still just irks me

Injun Joe
09-16-2014, 01:13 PM
i guess the reason i'm am upset so much is foolish
i really love this bike...would buy it again hands down no question
but just frustrated..i'd buy a 2015 in a minute if it my bike now wasn't devalued so badly
and yes...i will add cruise and get a factory switch
but it still just irks me

But Joe, you bought it without cruise control. It's inevitable there will be newer versions come out with different features. It's almost like someone with a '57 Bel Air being p*ssed about not having power steering because the '67 did. (OK, an extreme, absurd example.) I get a certain amount of chagrin. Like had I really really wanted blue when I bought, I'd be a little upset that it's one of the colors Honda chose for 2015. But ultimately, I bought what I bought. For me, I don't care about cruise, but had the 2015 come out with a 21st century display -- yeah, I'd have muttered under my breath. Wouldn't expect Honda to retrofit my decidely 1990s display.

As far as being upside down -- yeah, I knew that before I signed the papers. That's why I haven't bought a new car in 30 years and never have bought a new motorcycle before. I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to buy vintage because I appreciate vintage cars and bikes. Plus, there would be a chance that they'd appreciate in value. (Get it?) But then the little element of procuring the money comes in and my credit union just doesn't understand why I'd want to pay as much for a forty year old motorcycle as what I can get a shiny new one for. :icon_doh:

motoman
09-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Here's the new 2015 Honda VFR800X. Now this should really make you feel like you got screwed... :icon_redface:

"...Features include Honda’s Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system, ABS, LED lights, self-cancelling indicators and heated grips as standard."

“The Crossrunner is a true VFR – a motorcycle designed for hard riding fun, but with style, comfort and practicality. Accordingly, the seat is now adjustable, offering two height options, and 5-stage heated grips and Honda’s self-cancelling indicators are both fitted as standard. New, full LED lighting adds a distinct presence and premium finishing touch.”

“The rider now also benefits from the same kind of torque control system fitted to the Crosstourer. HSTC (Honda Selectable Torque Control) offers two levels of control (plus off) to sense imminent loss of rear wheel traction, and seamlessly reduce torque to allow the tyre to grip."

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/news/newsresults/new-bikes/2014/september/sep10crossrunner/

flyboy
09-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Interesting thought 'youwish'. Of course, it wouldn't have to be supercharged to make a measly 150 hp. With today's technology, a 1.8L can produce that and more without doing anything remotely exotic. The interesting question, to me, is how many would be interested in a "SuperSix", that is, an F6B that has real performance upgrades in hp, suspension, and braking. I know I would and I would pay considerably more to get it. How many others would :shrug:?

I would!

Jimmytee
09-16-2014, 09:30 PM

Oh, I know , I was being conservative. With a blower and 24 valves we should be seeing numbers above 200 hp. 150 should be easy with just 4 valves per cylinder etc...

Heck yeah, I'd be in for it. But in my opinion, if and when we see a next generation GL series, technological advances in the engine design should trump an increase in engine displacement. 4 valves with adjustable timing would seem to be not that tall of an order these days. Especially from Honda who has implemented such technology already.:icon_biggrin:

But ,, a supercharged version would be ....AWESOME!!!!:headbang:

bigbird
09-16-2014, 09:40 PM
4 valves with adjustable timing would seem to be not that tall of an order these days. Especially from Honda who has implemented such technology already

The reason Honda never went to 4 valve technology right off the hop with the 1800 was due to space restrictions. A 4 valve head would have been much wider, either interfering with cornering clearance or necessitating raising the engine higher in the frame. A higher engine's centre of gravity would not be what we would want in a Goldwing.

Jimmytee
09-16-2014, 09:48 PM
The reason Honda never went to 4 valve technology right off the hop with the 1800 was due to space restrictions. A 4 valve head would have been much wider, either interfering with cornering clearance or necessitating raising the engine higher in the frame. A higher engine's centre of gravity would not be what we would want in a Goldwing.

I understand what your saying, but still think it's doable without affecting either of the things you mentioned. Cornering clearance? I don't think it would be that wide.:shrug:

bigbird
09-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Cornering clearance? I don't think it would be that wide.:shrug:

I agree.

In looking at the cylinder heads of my F6B, even widening the head by another 2" to accommodate another set of valves and even another cam (DOHC), there would be plenty of cornering clearance.

I know there is a reason somewhere why Honda didn't initially go to a 4 valve head or DOHC design.
I think the 2 valve head gives better breathing (and torque) at low rpm, as torque is what the typical old man driving the GL1800 A series wants. That's the reason that most American V8 engines are still 2 valve pushrod design. Great flat torque curves trump high revving peak horsepower power plants every time for the typical North American consumer.

You young racers wanting more HP from your F6B? Don't look to Honda to give you 150 HP any time soon. You'll see a DCT trans before you'll ever see 150 HP IMHO.

CheesyRider
09-22-2014, 09:04 AM

They fixed the description for the base F6B on the Honda website. Cruise control is now listed as standard on the base version. For some reason they still list cruise as something the deluxe version "adds". Regardless, since they took the effort to change the base model description, I think it is pretty safe to say the cruise control really is standard equipment. http://powersports.honda.com/cruiser/2015/gold-wing-f6b/options.aspx

Now I'm just waiting to see how much the MSRP changes from 2014 to 2015. I just know I'm going to end up blowing loads of cash on the 2015 F6B to get the cruise, the color I like, and the black exhaust. Even though, if thinking logically, I'd probably save a lot of money by just getting a leftover, adding cruise, and painting it.

opas ride
09-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't compromise your interests if at all possible..If you really want the 2015 with what it offers, pay the price and go for it!!!..You will be happier in the long run buying what you really want and will not be trying to rationalize in your mind why you bought the bike that you really didn't want.....Good luck

coffeeguy
12-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Does anyone know if the 2015s have hit any dealers or when they will?

CheesyRider
12-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know if the 2015s have hit any dealers or when they will?

They have started hitting dealers. There are a few dealers in California that claim to have them in stock. And, there is one dealer in Quebec that has photographic proof that they have one in stock. I would think that there will almost certainly be some in Arizona within the next couple of weeks.

Steve 0080
12-10-2014, 03:05 PM
If you want to see the new color...go to your local dealer and look for a naked Honda 2015 CB1000R....No new bikes in my area...price increase of $500 as stated by the Sales Manager...

RoadSurfer
12-11-2014, 03:36 PM
CheezyRider, can you let us know the name of the "one dealer in Quebec that has photographic proof that they have one in stock"? I'd very much like to see that photographic view of the colour. Thanks.

RoadSurfer
12-11-2014, 03:47 PM

RoadSurfer
12-11-2014, 03:49 PM
The photo above is the only possibly realistic photo that I've been able to find. The YouTube video version makes the colour look like beige, not grey or charcoal. If anyone has better ones, please post 'em.

F6B1911
12-11-2014, 04:16 PM
For anyone waiting for the 2015, you can save a few bucks on a left over...
Just got an email from Honda.
- Get $2000 in Bonus Bucks on 2013 - GL1800B/D (F6B)
- Get $1000 in Bonus Bucks on 2014 - GL1800B/D (F6B)
- 0.40% Fixed APR on 2015 and Prior GL1800, Gold Wing F6B & Gold Wing Valkyrie

CheesyRider
12-11-2014, 04:26 PM
CheezyRider, can you let us know the name of the "one dealer in Quebec that has photographic proof that they have one in stock"? I'd very much like to see that photographic view of the colour. Thanks.

Yep, I posted the photos and a link to the dealer in this thread: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4209-2015-F6B-Real-life-photos-videos/page3

Steve 0080
12-11-2014, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't compromise your interests if at all possible..If you really want the 2015 with what it offers, pay the price and go for it!!!..You will be happier in the long run buying what you really want and will not be trying to rationalize in your mind why you bought the bike that you really didn't want.....Good luck

Sorry , but I do not understand what you are sayin... she is comparing apples and apples... if money is the issue then sure get a 13-14...if money is not the issue, then one would be foolish to not get a 15...just sayin....

yellow rex
12-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Shawnee Honda has two A gray one & a blue one I got the call today.

coffeeguy
12-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Matte Silver deluxe arriving next Friday....can't wait!

fxdl2051
12-14-2014, 05:50 PM
The photo above is the only possibly realistic photo that I've been able to find. The YouTube video version makes the colour look like beige, not grey or charcoal. If anyone has better ones, please post 'em.
Posted these somewheres but since I don't remember where, here ya go.

gray rider
12-14-2014, 07:54 PM
My Vmax has a gray matte finish similar to the pictured 2015 and I find it difficult to maintain. I parked the Vmax at a food festival and someone leaned on the rear matte tail piece with greasy food fingers, leaving a perfect permanent hand print. I've tried everything I know of to remove it and nothing will touch it. For me, shiny is better.

chipmaker
12-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Matte is a bitch, and then add in Honda's take on paint quality, I would surely pass. And with new 13's still on showroom floors for cheap, get a 13 and make it exactly how you want with quality paint and still save cash.

coffeeguy
12-26-2014, 10:45 AM

Bowhunter1800
12-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Nice!!!

CheesyRider
12-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Congrats! I believe you're the first forum member to buy a 2015.

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-26-2014, 01:11 PM

Very cool

bigdawg
12-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Congratulations! Does the cruise work as advertised? Do the pipes sound much different than the previous pipes?

75tsiegel
12-27-2014, 10:28 AM

Very nice. Congrats on your new bike. Interested in how the new pipes sound compared to the previous years.

Steve 0080
12-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Congratulations! Does the cruise work as advertised? Do the pipes sound much different than the previous pipes?

Hurry, Hurry...we are dying to know !!!!!

motoman
12-28-2014, 05:21 PM
The Gray looks like a battleship. :icon_rolleyes:

I'll stick with my Black. :yes:

Ixol Phaane
12-30-2014, 10:44 AM

Very nice! Lets ride,neighbor. :icon_biggrin:

MorrisGray
04-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I am going to test ride one today for first time ever on any Gold Wing. I looked at them last week and the new color scheme looks great. Unsure if I want the flat matte finish but it looks good. The blue is okay in my opinion, looks kinda of nice but blue just has never been my color of choice. If the paint would hold up better though I may need to consider it or just wait and see what they do next year or buy a left over model cheaper. The dealer cranked up the new 2015 in the showroom last week and it does sound much better than a full wing no doubt. Will post later on my test ride results.

53driver
04-09-2015, 09:41 PM
I am going to test ride one today for first time ever on any Gold Wing. I looked at them last week and the new color scheme looks great. Unsure if I want the flat matte finish but it looks good. The blue is okay in my opinion, looks kinda of nice but blue just has never been my color of choice. If the paint would hold up better though I may need to consider it or just wait and see what they do next year or buy a left over model cheaper. The dealer cranked up the new 2015 in the showroom last week and it does sound much better than a full wing no doubt. Will post later on my test ride results.

Please let us know what you thought!

hgslayr
04-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Where did the idea that they have a reverse on the F6B?...Just at the dealership tonite and asked about reverse and the salesman said "heated grips, center stand and cruise control"...no reverse...

Phantom
04-09-2015, 10:00 PM
No reverse on any of the F6B's

hgslayr
04-09-2015, 10:05 PM
I knew that Tony but the thread implied a reverse motor...That would be nice but full cruise is a biggy for me...Looked at the Matte one again tonite and even though its a low visibility bike due to the color its still growing on me everytime I see it...lol

Phantom
04-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Looked at the Matte one again tonite and even though its a low visibility bike due to the color its still growing on me everytime I see it...lol

You can always add Chrome wheels :biggthumpup:

hgslayr
04-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Nah, no chrome on this one...But shiny powdercoated wheels would be nice,
So I can be like Dog....lol

Phantom
04-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Nah, no chrome on this one...But shiny powdercoated wheels would be nice,
So I can be like Dog....lol

:wrong:

:suicide2:

srt8-in-largo
04-09-2015, 10:35 PM
The Euro F6 has reverse... I thought we all knew that.

Phantom
04-09-2015, 10:46 PM
The Euro F6 has reverse... I thought we all knew that.

George, you are absolutely correct. HGSlayer lives in California. I was referring to the US models.

For the European F6B's ..... watch video , fast forward to 2:05 and you will see the reverse button on the bottom left of the cluster.

https://youtu.be/bFw6rHTMbIQ

srt8-in-largo
04-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Ah ok; I thought we were speaking generally.

If it were an option in North America... I'm not even sure if I would go for it. It would be nice in some situations I guess, but not having it has not been an issue IMO.

Rob Ray
04-10-2015, 12:42 PM
I road a demo 2013 last July with the optional "tall" windshield and I really liked the bike....did not like the lack of cruise control, so stuck with my BMW R1200RT. I had a 2006 Goldwing and it had a lot to like, but the F6B with the lower COG and enough storage for a long weekend and "cooler" look is just the ticket...but then no cruise control and colors that weren't my thing! So last week I happened to look at the 2015 on line and saw my favorite blue! Yesterday I went in to one of the "local" dealers and he had both 2015 colors on the floor....this blue, with cruise control will do it for me.
I love the BMW....but maintainence cost is way too high and I have to drive over 2 hours to have it serviced. I have one Honda dealer 2 miles from my house and another within 20 minutes....I think it's time to say goodbye to my BMW and my NC700X.....WOW....I love that blue color!

I could pick up a "new" red 2013 at a bargain....but for me....another 3000 dollars or so is worth it for the cruise control and that blue color!

ROB Ray

smokinjoe187
04-10-2015, 12:59 PM
I road a demo 2013 last July with the optional "tall" windshield and I really liked the bike....did not like the lack of cruise control, so stuck with my BMW R1200RT. I had a 2006 Goldwing and it had a lot to like, but the F6B with the lower COG and enough storage for a long weekend and "cooler" look is just the ticket...but then no cruise control and colors that weren't my thing! So last week I happened to look at the 2015 on line and saw my favorite blue! Yesterday I went in to one of the "local" dealers and he had both 2015 colors on the floor....this blue, with cruise control will do it for me.
I love the BMW....but maintainence cost is way too high and I have to drive over 2 hours to have it serviced. I have one Honda dealer 2 miles from my house and another within 20 minutes....I think it's time to say goodbye to my BMW and my NC700X.....WOW....I love that blue color!

I could pick up a "new" red 2013 at a bargain....but for me....another 3000 dollars or so is worth it for the cruise control and that blue color!

ROB Ray

wise choice,i almost wished i waited but would have missed 30 k worth of smiles!!