PDA

View Full Version : want to relocate to north Georgia

ED209
09-04-2014, 11:49 AM
I want to get out of florida. :no: done with it. Too hot and people are getting miserable. :icon_frown:

Looking at Millidgeville, Macon, Blue Ridge or any areas up there.

Anybody that can offer insight.... please :icon_mrgreen::039:

imported_scottydi
09-04-2014, 12:37 PM
If it were up to me and I didnt have to worry about employment, I would move north of Atlanta somewhere between Georgia 400 and I-75. The weather is a little cooler than Macon. The only drawback is all the curves in the roads....:yikes:

Scottydi

SCMike
09-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Why go half-way.? Come on up to Upstate South Carolina and enjoy the good life.

ED209
09-04-2014, 03:43 PM
SC ? sounds interesting. Is there a state income tax on pay ? I will only have retirement paychecks. Fixed income.

North GA. Yes I did look into Blueridge. I used to pass through there once a month some years back when I frequented Tellico off-road Jeepin.

ED209
09-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I would like to buy an acre for a get-a-way place, has to be open rural and allow me to set up an RV or tents. The income tax thing don't really matter too much. Any steering or assistance from either one of those places would be worthy of looking into. I would probably ride the F6B up and take a look at either place. :icon_cool:

Thanks Ed

SCMike
09-04-2014, 04:02 PM
SC does have an income tax, but it's low. The state does tag you on vehicle property taxes, though.

ED209
09-04-2014, 04:08 PM
SC does have an income tax, but it's low. The state does tag you on vehicle property taxes, though.

I found a 1/4 acre open rural. What do you think.... http://www.landwatch.com/Spartanburg-County-South-Carolina-Land-for-sale/pid/164091763

SCMike
09-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Not a good neighborhood.

ED209
09-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Not a good neighborhood.

.notworthy. that's why I asked here with real people, brothers who ride... :yes: :icon_mrgreen:

Well I like the area and so does the boss (wife).

ED209
09-04-2014, 04:30 PM
If it were up to me and I didnt have to worry about employment, I would move north of Atlanta somewhere between Georgia 400 and I-75. The weather is a little cooler than Macon. The only drawback is all the curves in the roads....:yikes:

Scottydi

How bout this one ? http://www.trulia.com/property/3151244014--Mount-Vw-Dalton-GA-30721

Elin in So. Cal.
09-04-2014, 08:48 PM
I HIGHLY recommend North Georgia around Dawsonville. I have a dear friend who owns a farm there (600 acres or so) and the area is really nice. Cooler and wetter than Atlanta, and really nice roads.

Here's one acre properties:

http://tinyurl.com/dawsoncounty
I set this to start at $150,000 but there are more reasonably priced homes in the same area. Just change the pricing on the top bar. I set it for one acre properties plus, so you won't see any half acres.

Have fun browsing!
This one is near my friend's place on Cowart and Kelly Bridge Roads:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/377-Fairfax-Ct-Dawsonville-GA-30534/68625395_zpid/

ED209
09-05-2014, 04:40 AM
.notworthy. that's why I asked here with real people, brothers who ride... :yes: :icon_mrgreen:

Well I like the area and so does the boss (wife).

I do refer to the whole area of SC where you are. I just reread that above post :icon_redface:

ED209
09-05-2014, 04:45 AM
I HIGHLY recommend North Georgia around Dawsonville. I have a dear friend who owns a farm there (600 acres or so) and the area is really nice. Cooler and wetter than Atlanta, and really nice roads.

Here's one acre properties:

http://tinyurl.com/dawsoncounty
I set this to start at $150,000 but there are more reasonably priced homes in the same area. Just change the pricing on the top bar. I set it for one acre properties plus, so you won't see any half acres.

Have fun browsing!
This one is near my friend's place on Cowart and Kelly Bridge Roads:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/377-Fairfax-Ct-Dawsonville-GA-30534/68625395_zpid/

Thank you, I put a note in to the realtor for one of those too.

Spanky
09-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Check out loris SC, lots of houses in foreclosure, safe, and close to the beach. Used to be big in manufacturing and farming. Not so much now.

Limbuck
09-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Brother, consider a total upgrade to Tennessee. No income tax, no vehicle tax my county, and get up in the morning and ride mountains in any direction. Near Monteagle, TN. I am downsizing. 130 acres of woods, rocks, trees, pasture, dead end road, few people, and biker friendly neighbors. Home/RV site with easy access to utilities. Your personal state park 7 miles from I-24 exit 127.
Yep, it's Limbuck and I miss all my old friends. I still ride my original bike just had to let the F6B move on to Texas. Just saying, as they say,

Hornblower
09-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Yep, it's Limbuck and I miss all my old friends. I still ride my original bike just had to let the F6B move on to Texas. Just saying, as they say,

Ricky, sorry you couldn't make it to the rally this year :icon_frown:. Several of us missed you and Mary. Any chance of getting back to the F6B or Goldwing in the future?

ED209
09-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Brother, consider a total upgrade to Tennessee. No income tax, no vehicle tax my county, and get up in the morning and ride mountains in any direction. Near Monteagle, TN. I am downsizing. 130 acres of woods, rocks, trees, pasture, dead end road, few people, and biker friendly neighbors. Home/RV site with easy access to utilities. Your personal state park 7 miles from I-24 exit 127.

Parking an RV in a park would be cool. :yes:

ED209
09-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Alright I finally found a realtor who has a ton of RV lots in Ellijay Ga. :039:

Anybody close to Ellijay, I may be coming to your area soon. :yes: Maybe just a weekend here and there at first, but I want to live there eventually. :icon_cool:

ED209
09-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Im working on one right now on the south west corner of the Chattahoochee National Forest, actually in forest territory. :yes: I hope it goes through. Then I will have a home near the best riding in the country. :clap2: