PDA

View Full Version : OMG... I want to freakin' SCREAM !!!!!

jlyon
09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
I just replaced my F6B that got totaled out from under me...

My original one had spent almost 6 weeks at the dealership trying to get an aftermarket cruise control installed (unsuccessfully I might add)

Guess what just got announced ?!??!

http://powersports.honda.com/Model/touring/2015/gold-wing-f6b.aspx

Aaaarrrrggghhh !!!!!!

Anyone want to but a very slightly used F6B (<500 miles) with a ton of accessories on it ?!?!?! (only semi-kidding too)

FML !!!!! :banghead::banghead:

Kirkster1520
09-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Maybe. Once I sell my RT I'll hit you up to see if you are less kidding.

Scotrod
09-04-2014, 02:38 PM
:icon_biggrin:
Cruise isn't mandatory, but I do like blue,,, Like it good enough to have one painted 'illusion blue',,,

My guess is MSRP just went up 1k,,,

wantone
09-04-2014, 02:42 PM
I hope Honda offers retro fit kit for cruise control.

jkelley
09-04-2014, 03:04 PM
6 weeks at the dealership trying to install aftermarket cruise?? Kidding I hope.
Even my dumb ass did it.

Not that difficult at all.

ED209
09-04-2014, 03:39 PM
WOW 2 new colors for the "which color is fastest" countdown. That military gray color is nice.

CheckpointChcky
09-04-2014, 04:38 PM
OH, MANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve 0080
09-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Just called for a price........

wantone
09-04-2014, 05:03 PM
6 weeks at the dealership trying to install aftermarket cruise?? Kidding I hope.
Even my dumb ass did it.

Ru talking about -------- ? If so, how much wud u charge me to install it ? I'm serious.

Brian D
09-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Figures. Have the bike a few months and here comes the new one with cruise. Something that should have been on there from the beginning Not a real reason to trade up. I'll trade up when honda upgrades there much needed electronic department

CheckpointChcky
09-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Even my dumb ass did it.

Let's see....you are in western NC and I am in the Raleigh area.....a short ride and how much to install it?:icon_biggrin:

srt8-in-largo
09-04-2014, 09:42 PM
6 weeks at the dealership trying to install aftermarket cruise??

Word.

Ru talking about -------- ? If so, how much wud u charge me to install it ? I'm serious.

If you're not in a hurry I'll do a writeup when I install mine. May be a couple of months down the road though.

Steve 0080
09-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Word.

If you're not in a hurry I'll do a writeup when I install mine. May be a couple of months down the road though.

Do them side by side...two at once???

Jimmytee
09-04-2014, 10:09 PM

If you wanna buy 2 of them, I'll install both of them. One of them on mine of course.:clap2:

srt8-in-largo
09-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Even my dumb ass did it.

What system do you have? Got any install pics or tips?

Do them side by side...two at once???

Sounds like a good idea but I think a small amount of custom fabrication is needed: i) a simple fab to mount the cruise controller somewhere under the right side pocket and ii) a fab to setup the cable actuator and link it into the OEM throttle cable. I'm envisioning a lot of trial and error and tweaking... so it might be more effective to do one first to figure things out.

Some aftermarket systems suggest opening up the controller and reassembling with silicone to waterproof it. A bit of time is also needed to sit with the F6 schematic to understand where to pick up the speed sensor, where to tie in the clutch safety release, and a few other things.

photodiver
09-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Get a Mccruse and the instruction Manuel gives you step by step instructions with pictures on how to install it. Comes with brackets, all plug and play. Going to install mine next week.

wantone
09-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Get a Mccruse and the instruction Manuel gives you step by step instructions with pictures on how to install it. Comes with brackets, all plug and play. Going to install mine next week.

Man wish u were not that far. I wud have paid u to do my installation. I'm not mechanical n will have to find someone to do it. I know everyone's busy riding now. I may order -------- n wait for winter to install it. Hopefully by then someone will be interested to do mine.

If the local mechanic does not charge me too much I'll get it done sooner.

jkelley
09-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Let's see....you are in western NC and I am in the Raleigh area.....a short ride and how much to install it?:icon_biggrin:

I just posted up on another thread, if several members want to see how it is done and want to organize a date on a Saturday morning we can do it at my plant in Brevard NC.
I / We can install one, two, or three and everyone can see how it's done and maybe we can spread the wealth and help others wanting cruise.

jkelley
09-05-2014, 06:44 AM
What system do you have? Got any install pics or tips?

Sounds like a good idea but I think a small amount of custom fabrication is needed: i) a simple fab to mount the cruise controller somewhere under the right side pocket and ii) a fab to setup the cable actuator and link it into the OEM throttle cable. I'm envisioning a lot of trial and error and tweaking... so it might be more effective to do one first to figure things out.

Some aftermarket systems suggest opening up the controller and reassembling with silicone to waterproof it. A bit of time is also needed to sit with the F6 schematic to understand where to pick up the speed sensor, where to tie in the clutch safety release, and a few other things.

There is another thread by bstroh59 that outlines the procedure very well. And you are correct, I spent a lot of time making my brackets. That's why I am making the offer to help those that might be intimidated by the ordeal. And believe me it is quite involved! You are also correct the Rostra unit is not waterproof and needs sealing. That's why I would like to do an -------- unit and the fact that it is plug and play with brackets makes it a no brainer in my book. Yes the Rostra will cost you about $400 all in, while the other is over a grand. But seems like it would make life simpler to me.

jkelley
09-05-2014, 06:53 AM

For the Rostra unit you have to buy an OEM clutch switch and wire it in for the clutch safety feature. for the brake kill you have to wire into the brake light relay. you also pick up your VSS signal in the ECM wire harness, and your tach signal off of one of the coil drivers. Rostra also needs a resistor installed in line of the VSS pulse signal, or you get a check engine light. The install is pretty deep but doable if you are mechanically inclined, and can work competently with wiring and making good weather proof connections. Certainly not for the faint of heart. I would in no way trade a 2013 in on a 2015 just to get cruise and lose thousands in the process when there are options available.

Madmax
09-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Once you get the cruise than you want reverse ... My 2013 was my first wing , I have never been a gadget guy but having a radio on the bike is awesome ...Could only imagine the full wing .
I could see going full wing and do a bagger conversion and then you get all the bells and whistles .

srt8-in-largo
09-05-2014, 11:26 AM
OEM navigation would be welcomed and have virtually a universal appeal; I don't know anyone who doesn't use or wouldn't want to use nav.

Injun Joe
09-05-2014, 12:20 PM
OEM navigation would be welcomed and have virtually a universal appeal; I don't know anyone who doesn't use or wouldn't want to use nav.

(Raises hand sheepishly.) This year's Sturgis trip was the first where I sheepishly gave in to using my phone as GPS. I've never owned a dedicated unit to date. I've used one for work for years, but not motorcycling.

Jimmytee
09-05-2014, 05:41 PM

I've always used my phone. I have a docking station made just for my Droid that keeps it charged and manipulates the screen into a different mode while traveling. Bigger buttons for the apps like navigation. It works pretty well except that when you initially look up a destination, you have to have a phone signal because it doesn't store any mapping.

Steve 0080
09-05-2014, 05:50 PM

One person on the planet...wait for it........Phantom.... only uses paper maps.....

srt8-in-largo
09-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Maybe we'll all have to chip in and get Phantom a nice "electronic map" :icon_biggrin:

I admit I'm completely spoiled by navigation. My favorite feature is the Guide-Me-Home button. I go for a LONG ride without worrying one bit where I am; I make turns and go exploring to wherever looks interesting. When it's time for home... there's no need to figure anything out... press the G-M-H button and follow the arrow.

Steve 0080
09-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Maybe we'll all have to chip in and get Phantom a nice "electronic map" :icon_biggrin:

I admit I'm completely spoiled by navigation. My favorite feature is the Guide-Me-Home button. I go for a LONG ride without worrying one bit where I am; I make turns and go exploring to wherever looks interesting. When it's time for home... there's no need to figure anything out... press the G-M-H button and follow the arrow.

NOPE...bought one and gave it to him already...I guess he leaves it on the shelf??? :jerkit: