PDA

View Full Version : Risers and grips

shortleg1215
09-04-2014, 04:19 PM
I just ordered kury risers and grips for my f6 and I have to tell you
I can,t wait. I hate the small grips and the pain in my back from the bars.
I have heated grips so I hope the clam shell type grips are not too much of a pain.
Also if I can just get the main plug undone to install the risers I will be good.
Shortleg

XKnight
09-04-2014, 05:03 PM
I recently installed the MBL risers and am very pleased with the difference. It's amazing what just a little pull back can do. I use to get a slight pinching feeling between my shoulder blades with the stock risers if I sat up too tall, but now with the MBL risers all is good.

I highly recommended you get another set of hands to help with the riser install. It wasn't too bad with two people since one can hold stuff up and out of the way while the other wrenches, but if I was doing it alone I would have cursed up a storm. Also, I had to buy an off set Philips screw driver to get the plastic handlebar cover off.

VP8
09-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Short leg, have you installed your grips yet? Those Kury clam shell grips were a pain in the a$$ to install. I had a real hard time getting the sides to lock together. Also, if you haven't done so, you may want to get the Kury bar ends and accent rings for a complete install.

Heat wise...I tested it last week in some cold weather, and I could barely feel the heat while it was set at its highest power. So for me..highest power setting would feel like lowest power setting without the Kury grips.