PDA

View Full Version : Ride Off Center Stand?

XKnight
09-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Anyone install the Ride off Center Stand on their F6B that Wingstuff sells? I like this version better than the stock Honda center stand because it looks like it will be much easier to use.

http://wingstuff.com/products/2364-black-ride-off-center-stand-for-gl1800?context=crs_stands-f6b&from_search=1

Under fitment information it say: Standard F6B Models require OEM hardware kit to install ride-off stands.

Does anyone know what OEM hardware kit they are taking about?

Also, how hard/easy was the install and are you happy with it? Thanks!

FF-Ed
09-06-2014, 12:06 AM
3 bolts
3 specialized washers
and a spring2293

I wrote detailed instructions to easily install a centerstand..

It's on the thread , installing a center stand..

The ride off stand is basically just a very short centerstand. it bolts up the same as a OEM

hope this helps :039:

Steve 0080
09-06-2014, 08:00 AM
One of the bolts is reversed threaded....be careful!!! I have a ride off stand on my Ultra and LOVE it!!!

XKnight
09-06-2014, 08:43 AM
3 bolts
3 specialized washers
and a spring8304

I wrote detailed instructions to easily install a centerstand..

It's on the thread , installing a center stand..

The ride off stand is basically just a very short centerstand. it bolts up the same as a OEM

hope this helps :039:

Thanks! I did see the other thread with the instructions and it's very helpful. Just wasn't sure what OEM hardware was needed, guess I was expecting the the Ride Off stand to already come with the bolts. I'm sure my Honda dealer can sell me the OEM bolts without too much trouble or cost involved.

XKnight
09-06-2014, 08:46 AM
One of the bolts is reversed threaded....be careful!!! I have a ride off stand on my Ultra and LOVE it!!!

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping someone already installed this Ride Off center stand on the F6B and can provide some feedback on whether they like it, especially compared to the stock Deluxe Honda center stand. I'm also wondering if it raises the bike up higher than the stock side stand for easier maintenance with oil changes, etc.

Injun Joe
09-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm also wondering if it raises the bike up higher than the stock side stand for easier maintenance with oil changes, etc.

You mean the stock deluxe or the ride off? I think what makes a ride off a ride off is it being lower, isn't it?

Steve 0080
09-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Yep...the rear wheel may barley clear the ground....4 point stance...

Watchdog
09-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping someone already installed this Ride Off center stand on the F6B and can provide some feedback on whether they like it, especially compared to the stock Deluxe Honda center stand. I'm also wondering if it raises the bike up higher than the stock side stand for easier maintenance with oil changes, etc.

If its a ride off ,the rear wheel has to be on the ground. Factory stand raises rear wheel of ground by about an inch. Very easy on and off. Just a little effort forward and it comes off easily.

XKnight
09-06-2014, 07:19 PM
You mean the stock deluxe or the ride off? I think what makes a ride off a ride off is it being lower, isn't it?

I mean the Ride Off center stand compared to the stock side stand. I realize the Ride Off makes the bike sit lower than the stock center stand on the Deluxe. I have a regular F6B with no center stand. I would like to get a center stand that is easier to operate, but still provides more clearance than the side stand for working underneath the bike.

grendl
09-29-2014, 02:19 PM
...Still no answers or comparisons? I am interested to know also. Seems installing lights where the front cowl has to come off cleaning the pipes and rear wheel and more practically, oil changes at home would validate the ride off.
I'm not particular in favor of trying to get mine up on a 'regular' center stand...

Random Factor
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm interested in combining one of these with a Centerstand dolly to resolve a narrow garage / really steep driveway issue. Right now I have to do a 7 point turn to get it turned around so I can ride it forward down my steep driveway when I take it back out. Sucks but is better than leaving it outside.

Some of the reviews on the GL1800 sites are more concerned with the ability to actually ride off of it. Not as big a deal for us lighter (faster!) bikes I think, at least not for me.

With the 3/4" height of the dolly, I'd probably end up as high as the regular centerstand sits it now. That would be fine. Its would be nice to just roll it around on the dolly and spin it to where it needs to be.

Once my finances recover from my recent bought of new bike induced MAD (Merchandise Acquisition Disorder), I'm all over this.

Steve 0080
09-29-2014, 11:21 PM
"Once my finances recover from my recent bought of new bike induced MAD (Merchandise Acquisition Disorder), I'm all over this."

I like that term..fits me!!!

fxdl2051
09-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Added a stock center stand to my standard and I love it. Use it all the time as a space saver and to air up/clean tires. One of the easiest to use and least obtrusive center stands I've ever had, bike comes up with very little effort and lowers just as easily, not sure why anyone would want/need anything else IMHO?

SmallPasture
09-30-2014, 07:54 AM
You can ride off the stock center stand. Just add a bit of forward body english and off ya go!

Fla_rider
09-30-2014, 09:23 AM
You can ride off the stock center stand. Just add a bit of forward body english and off ya go!

That's how I roll! Just give it a pump forward and off you go.

grendl
10-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Thanx Guys ! You have helped me decide. Stock center stand it is. I think it's about the same money and offers a chance to clean ALL of the rear wheel at one time. Haven't had any problem on different surfaces with the side stand, the center stand would be more utility in the garage than anything else.

BadDawg
10-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Just one more vote for stock. I have no problem on or off and I'm not a big guy at all. I had a 76 honda 750 that took all my grunt. I can pop the B up and down with very little effort.

TailGunner
09-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Just one more vote for stock. I have no problem on or off and I'm not a big guy at all. I had a 76 honda 750 that took all my grunt. I can pop the B up and down with very little effort.

than I must be doing it wrong because for me it is a bitch to get the bike on the center stand. So what is your technique? If I can't figure it out I will probably go with the ride off center stand.

ths61
09-26-2015, 11:03 AM
than I must be doing it wrong because for me it is a bitch to get the bike on the center stand. So what is your technique? If I can't figure it out I will probably go with the ride off center stand.

Make sure the bike is out of gear as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS0uToSeM34

shortleg0521
09-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Make sure the bike is out of gear as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS0uToSeM34

I am not the largest of men but the stock center stand has been such a gift.
Changing tires and oil well just about anything is easier with it.
shortleg

F6bisnext
09-27-2015, 06:25 AM
I admit that I have a problem getting this heavy bike up on it's center stand. I appreciate this video and see a few mistakes I need to correct. One other thing, do NOT use the balls of your feet. It will KILL your feet for hours! Made that mistake too many times. He uses the middle of his foot and it's easy even with his soft sneakers so I know I'm doing something wrong. Have to give this a go.

One question, I assume if you went with a shorter centerstand it would be easier to get the bike up?

Battoo
09-29-2015, 09:21 AM
I have a ride on /ride off center stand on my Wing , the plan is to modify the stock stand off my wing and install on the F6B