PDA

View Full Version : How tall are you? Are you comfortable in the factory saddle??

Wildracing22
06-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I am 6' tall and of a average build. I recently installed highway pegs on the crash bars but still find that i am not perfectly comfortable for the long haul.:iduno: When i ride with my feet on the factory pegs they feel like they are somewhat behind me, when i stretch out to the highway bars i feel like i need some back support to relax against. I can say that i love this bike and i am prepping for some long hauls, i feel like something is missing or just not right though still. How tall are you? Are you comfortable without feeling like your holding your legs on your highway pegs?

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-16-2013, 07:22 PM
When i ride with my feet on the factory pegs they feel like they are somewhat behind me

1-degree, the F6B position bends your knees at an 89 degree angle. This is considered normal position on a "standard". Compare this to H-D Road King that has a 96 degree knee angle, or the V- Rod at 130 degrees (feet forward). The Yamaha R1 sport bike angle is 71-degrees. What bike were you previously riding? BTW, I'm 5'11", the F6B footpeg position works fine for me, no plans for highway pegs, not needed.
For a model-to-model comparison, go to www.cycle-ergo.com

gamersince1976
06-16-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm 6'1", and I did feel a bit cramped on the bike. Which is why I got a seat made by Rick Mayer - which sits me higher and further back. Now it's much better, and depending on my mood I can "tuck forward" for more of a sport bike feel or sit in a more relaxed upright position.

Gumby
06-16-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm 6' and the pegs are a bit high for me in relation to the seat.

The seat is very comfortable and the reach to the bars is perfect.

Wildracing22
06-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeahoo,

Thanks for the site link, this is interesting and informative. My last bike was a M109R and according to the site had a 120* knee angle. This might be part of why i am having a hard time adjusting. Thanks

jlig
06-17-2013, 12:05 AM
I would try a backrest to go along with the highway pegs. I agree the F6B is 'standard' seat and peg positions. For me its the most comfortable position for seating and pegs. I've had feet forward and slight rearward pegs on sportier bikes. My height is 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. Everyone's comfort and fit are different, you gotta find what fits you.
Good luck.

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-17-2013, 06:49 AM
Yeahoo,

Thanks for the site link, this is interesting and informative.

My pleasure! Just passing it on, I first heard about the site from the characters over on the Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi forum.

MSGT-R
06-17-2013, 08:53 AM
I really like that Cycle Ergo site, I play in there every now and then..

goldtahoe
06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm 6'4 ... and I sit comfortable on the bike as is ... I don't get all of these complaints about this and and that ... I have the highway pegs on as well and I look and feel GOOD while riding ... smh!!!

av8rdave
06-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I've not done more than 200 miles in one stretch yet, so the jury is still out for me. The saddle seems fine so far. I came off a Roadstar with a Mustang saddle, and the support on this is just as good. It's a tad more firm, but I believe that's probably a good thing - a saddle that crushes or sags down over a long haul becomes miserable.

The peg and bar position seem just about ideal for me (I'm 6' tall). I'd like some highway pegs or boards, only because on a long enough ride it just feels good to have somewhere else to put my feet. I do think that highway pegs will probably make the reach to the bars seem awkward, though. So highway pegs could lead to handlebar risers/extenders, which could lead to a custom saddle, etc., etc.

Talk about a slippery slope!

Alberta Beagle
06-17-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm 6'1" 250lbs and find the seating position to be very comfortable. Can be feet flat easily with 33 inch inseam.
I have goe over 400kms at a stretch twice without getting off the bike without issue or discomfort. Don't see myself needing another seat in the near future.

edgeman55
06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
6'4" tall but only a 32" inseam so i'm long torso.I also go about 375 lbs so I have a large frame and backside.I like the width and feel comfortable with the firmness of the stock seat.I would like to be back another inch or two to extend my legs out a little to the pegs.I came off a Roadstar with a Ultimate seat with backreat and I do miss the feel of a backrest that made me seat more upright.I'm on a long wieght loss quest as I have dropped 50lbs since the first of the year and have a goal to hit 250-260 in another year or so.I will see how I feel then and will look into another seat or backrest at that time.

Drew
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm 6'2" and I am very comfortable on the factory seat. I installed Kuryakyn highway pegs when I first purchased my F6B and am very happy with them also. I just got back from a 4700 mile trip and I would have gladly kept right on going for another 4700 miles if I could have.

bigdew
06-17-2013, 05:28 PM
I am 6'4 and a 32" inseam. I feel comfortable on the bike. the only gripe I have is the 45* angle in the stock seat back. If it was rounded out a little to set back about an 1" or 2 it would be perfect.

Cool Hand Luke
06-20-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm 6', 215 lbs. I find the bike very comfortable with a small help. I recently rode over 3,000 miles in 8 days, form SC all the way to VT and back, all two lane country roads (Americade). Had some rain, too. I'm comfy for about 200 miles, to last longer I use airhawk cushion. I've had it for probably 8 years, bought it for one of the cruisers I used to have but shape of it seems to fit F6B's saddle just fine. Airhawk may also raise me about an inch higher.

On the ride back, my friend (on 2012 GW) and I did about 550 miles one day and over 600 miles the next. We were able to make it back from Lake George NY to SC in only two days. We didn't ride too straight, either, lots of twisty roads along the way in VA and WV, and even did at least 70 miles on Blue Ridge Parkway. During all that time I was fine.

When I first test drove the F6B I thought it fit me better than my '07 GW. That's one of the reasons I bought it on the spot. I do like the new Rivco aeropegs and I have them on order. While at Americade I was able to try them on as Rivco had a 2012 GW with them installed. I found them comfortable. It would seem that on F6B the pegs would be even better as GW locks you in the seat and places you more forward than F6B. I am also watching how Corbin's solo seat with smugler trunk shapes up, I like the idea of it as I ride alone about 99.9% of the time.

The picture shows our group at Niagara Falls parking lot.

fast eddie
06-20-2013, 10:31 PM
at 6 ft an 33 inseam seat is best I ever rode with:yes: i put on the mini boards with heal toe shifter:clap2: had the F6 for about a month an took 2 trips . I have a little over 4000 miles about four 400 mile days :icon_cool: thinking about the ergo 3's :icon_rolleyes: like to stretch once un a while but no real problems so far:biggthumpup:

Texas TC
06-20-2013, 10:57 PM
I have found this seat to be the most comfortable stock seat I have ever owned. I did add the Kury mimi boards to drop my feet position about an inch. Until I added them, I admit I felt a little cramped with the original pegs. Mini boards allow me to move my feet around and not stay in one position. I have black Ergo II highway pegs with mini arms being delivered tomorrow so I can see how comfortable those are. I am 6' but only have 31" inseam, tall torso.

BACA
06-21-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm 5'7" with a 31" inseam and the seat was too flat for my bottom......I took it to Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA and had it modified for me.............so much more comfortable than the stock setup. The stock seat was so uncomfortable I would have to get off the bike and rest my bottom after about 50 to 75 miles.

This seat is so much better and more comfortable........