PDA

View Full Version : Now it starts for cruise

shortleg1215
09-06-2014, 12:33 PM
I just ordered my Mc cruise and wondering how long something like that takes
to come from that far away.
Can,t wait to get stated on this project.
jKelly had so greatly offered to help and keep records of this project
so anybody else interested can see what all is involved.
shortleg[Dave]

wantone
09-06-2014, 02:34 PM
shortleg[Dave]

I just called a local mechanic n he said he will do mine for $200

I did mention him that it will take close to 8 to 12 hours. He said since he's not done it before n he will learn sometjing from it he'll jus charge 200 or so.

I hope he does a good job. I'm also checkin with my honda service dept to see how much they will charge me to do it.

This is such an awesome bike n I wish to hold on to it for a very long time. N I hope this -------- is reliable n works just like Original equipment without any breakdown or hurting bike operation.

mtcgun
09-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Did the words " I always wanted to git me some of them metric tools" ever come out of his mouth during the conversation?

Scotrod
09-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Did the words " I always wanted to git me some of them metric tools" ever come out of his mouth during the conversation?

:crackup:

:yes:

wantone
09-06-2014, 10:22 PM

I'm very serious. I stressed him enough that there are few guys here on the forum that did it on their own and it took them 2 days to install it. And I was surprised when he told me that he understands and will charge me $200 for installation. He's a friend of my friend and very popular mechanic here. Even my friend told me that this guys is very genius and does a good Job. I still remember when I bought my yamaha my other friend who is a salesman there had told me to take my bike to this guy for any work.

The only reason he is charging me less he told me is cuz he gets to learn from it. But he did mention that he will only be able to do it in the middle of the winter.

But to be on the safe side I told him that I'll print the -------- installation and give it to him to see how detailed and time consuming it is so that he can make up his mind about cost. That way there are no surprises for both of us.

If he does for $200 like he said that will be awesome. Lets hope so. Now I need to find that installation instructions with pictures to show him sometime this week.

I'm super excited !!!

rumble-b
09-06-2014, 11:23 PM
shortleg[Dave]

The time to get there will vary depending on how they post it. I've had parts sent from the U.S to Australia and had them from as little as 4 days to as long as 6 weeks.

TerryB
09-06-2014, 11:32 PM
shortleg[Dave]

Mine took 5 days. Very fast considering where it was coming from.

jkelley
09-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Wow, I just reviewed the install instructions sent to me. Lord I wish I had those when I did my Rostra. Very thorough, and loads of pictures.
The system looks to be plug and play so I expect it to take about 6 or 8 hours.
Others are welcome to come in and observe, or install theirs at the same time. Should be fun!

wantone
09-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Wow, I just reviewed the install instructions sent to me. Lord I wish I had those when I did my Rostra. Very thorough, and loads of pictures.
The system looks to be plug and play so I expect it to take about 6 or 8 hours.
Others are welcome to come in and observe, or install theirs at the same time. Should be fun!

Curious where di du get the instructions from ? And when do you plan to install it ?

bigbird
09-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Curious where di du get the instructions from ? And when do you plan to install it ?

Go to the -------- website here:

http://www.--------.com/collections/honda/products/honda-gold-wing-f6b-bagger-from-2013

At the bottom right of that page you will find a link to email them for instructions. There you will find an email address for them to send you the big attachment with all the instructions. A friendly guy by the name of Tony Guymer will email it to you.

photodiver
09-07-2014, 11:44 PM
I got home from a weekend ride about 2:30pm and started taking my bike apart, by 9 pm I quit the cruise control is installed except for testing and then put bike back together. Not really that hard a job, but to tired to continue.

smokinjoe187
09-08-2014, 03:17 AM
I got home from a weekend ride about 2:30pm and started taking my bike apart, by 9 pm I quit the cruise control is installed except for testing and then put bike back together. Not really that hard a job, but to tired to continue.

pictures???

jkelley
09-08-2014, 05:52 AM

The instructions were sent to me all 63 pages, including troubleshooting and other docs. We are hoping for this weekend if the kit arrives in time, otherwise who knows.

photodiver
09-08-2014, 08:34 AM
839483958396i would suggest that you take pictures as you go along to refer back to on assembly, it's easy to forget something and have to take it apart to connect it.
The reason the fuel tank has to be removed, it's the only way to get to the hose's on the bottom of the air box. The tank will come out, just a tight fit.
Can't figure out how to rotate pictures.

Steve 0080
09-08-2014, 08:51 AM
839483958396i would suggest that you take pictures as you go along to refer back to on assembly, it's easy to forget something and have to take it apart to connect it.
The reason the fuel tank has to be removed, it's the only way to get to the hose's on the bottom of the air box. The tank will come out, just a tight fit.
Can't figure out how to rotate pictures.

Editing photos is done under "edit" to arrows chasing each other...

Steve 0080
09-08-2014, 08:53 AM
I just called a local mechanic n he said he will do mine for $200

I did mention him that it will take close to 8 to 12 hours. He said since he's not done it before n he will learn sometjing from it he'll jus charge 200 or so.

I hope he does a good job. I'm also checkin with my honda service dept to see how much they will charge me to do it.

This is such an awesome bike n I wish to hold on to it for a very long time. N I hope this -------- is reliable n works just like Original equipment without any breakdown or hurting bike operation.

sounds to me like you have some one with honor....he wants paid for his time, but it is not sure job to educate him!!! And if he does another his price will go up which is fair!!!

smokinjoe187
09-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Editing photos is done under "edit" to arrows chasing each other...

you are gonna shit,today they released the photos showing the oem control for the right side
it looks like you can splice it in to the new oem control,and have that i got a 2015 f6b happy feeling...