PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us?

fatrboy
09-06-2014, 11:06 PM
I have been saving for the AUS. Cruise Control. Total cost installed approx. $1500.00. Now I find out Honda is now adding Cruise Control as an Option. I feel strongly that Honda should offer a discounted cost to retrofit our F6B's. They have not released a price point for the 2015 models. What do you think?...... Fatrboy, Red '13

Johncmendenhall
09-06-2014, 11:14 PM
The cost of cruise control will be the cost of the 2015 f6b !

bigbird
09-07-2014, 08:57 AM
I feel strongly that Honda should offer a discounted cost to retrofit our F6B's. They have not released a price point for the 2015 models. What do you think?...... Fatrboy, Red '13

Honda won't be offering any kind of accessory retrofit cruise for previous F6B's.
There are too many parts that would need replacing and it would be ridiculously expensive.

Jimmytee
09-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Yeah, it's not gonna happen. This kind of stuff happens all the time with "new" models of anything. We bought our bikes without cruise. I knew that Honda would most likely add cruise if they were to keep the model alive. There are options for cruise. Sadly , I can't see those options increasing now that Honda has implemented cruise on the 2015 models. Now an aftermarket company would have to design one with the knowledge that there are only 2 years worth of F6Bs to market to. Wouldn't seem to be a wise business choice.

There are options to add cruise. Rostra and the --------. That'll probably be all for anyone who wants electronic cruise.IMHO

Scotrod
09-07-2014, 09:31 AM
/\ /\ /\ Agree 100%.

opas ride
09-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Live with what you got, buy aftermarket, or trade for a 2015 are the only choices I see....Honda will not offer any retro-fit options and I'm pretty sure you can take that "to the bank"....

shortleg1215
09-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Live with what you got, buy aftermarket, or trade for a 2015 are the only choices I see....Honda will not offer any retro-fit options and I'm pretty sure you can take that "to the bank"....

Seems all we can do is buy a MC cruise and that is probably less than a new bike
even with the install at 500 from one of the installers on the list.
Shortleg[Dave]

Jerry S
09-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have been following the F6B now for about 3 months and really am amazed at how nice this bike is. I am bouncing back and forth between the 2014 Deluxe and the 2015 model. I have not seen a price yet on the 15's so have not made any decisions yet. I really would like the cruise control and have looked into having the MC Cruise installed. I was quoted a total price of $1350 by one on the Ca. dealers on the MC Cruise website. They dealer did admit they have never done the F6B model and said they are allowing about 6 hrs and if it goes beyond that they would not charge any more. I have not spoken to any other dealer about install cost so not sure if this is in line or not.

Does anyone else not if this is a fair number?

jkelley
09-08-2014, 08:23 AM
If a dealer is willing to install that seems to be a fair estimate.

Steve 0080
09-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Seems fair to me.... The jump to a 15, still not enough information..... one thing to keep in mind is that your bike will never be worth more than it is today

Spanky
09-08-2014, 11:21 AM
according to :http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2015/gold-wing-f6b/innovations/cruise.aspx

along with cruise...

New Exhaust System
Baggers have a little attitude—and the F6B sets plenty of records in that department. But for 2015 it has a little more audio attitude too, thanks to new exhaust internals that give it a throatier, meaner sound.

still keeping mine, cruise is not a big deal for me, as long as there is gocruise and throttle locks.

smokinjoe187
09-10-2014, 12:36 PM
according to :http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2015/gold-wing-f6b/innovations/cruise.aspx

along with cruise...

New Exhaust System
Baggers have a little attitude—and the F6B sets plenty of records in that department. But for 2015 it has a little more audio attitude too, thanks to new exhaust internals that give it a throatier, meaner sound.

still keeping mine, cruise is not a big deal for me, as long as there is gocruise and throttle locks.

talked to tony at --------,it looks like we can adapt the new cruise button to our bikes when we install the --------...just saw the picture yesterday...problem solved..
btw,this was my only complaint about the bike(well i'm not happy about resale but i guess we can live with that!)

CheesyRider
09-11-2014, 07:40 PM
talked to tony at --------,it looks like we can adapt the new cruise button to our bikes when we install the --------...just saw the picture yesterday...problem solved..
btw,this was my only complaint about the bike(well i'm not happy about resale but i guess we can live with that!)

I wonder if it will be possible to make the buttons function according to the labels if one used a -------- with the Honda buttons. Notice the -------- has set/acc and res/dec buttons, but the Honda has res/acc and set/dec buttons.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0163/1038/products/mcs6080std_grande.JPG?v=1392093685
http://powersports.honda.com/assets/flash/model/gallery/GoldWingF6B_2015_01.jpg
If it can't be fixed, it's probably not a big deal once you're used to the buttons being labeled wrong.

The Rostra cruise has buttons with the same function as the Honda, so it might be a better option for those who can handle a more difficult installation.
http://www.redline360.com/image/cache/data/brands/rostra/cruise-switches/rostra-cruise-control-switch-dash-mount-250-3592-228x228.jpg

smokinjoe187
09-12-2014, 11:53 AM
I wonder if it will be possible to make the buttons function according to the labels if one used a -------- with the Honda buttons. Notice the -------- has set/acc and res/dec buttons, but the Honda has res/acc and set/dec buttons.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0163/1038/products/mcs6080std_grande.JPG?v=1392093685
http://powersports.honda.com/assets/flash/model/gallery/GoldWingF6B_2015_01.jpg
If it can't be fixed, it's probably not a big deal once you're used to the buttons being labeled wrong.

The Rostra cruise has buttons with the same function as the Honda, so it might be a better option for those who can handle a more difficult installation.
http://www.redline360.com/image/cache/data/brands/rostra/cruise-switches/rostra-cruise-control-switch-dash-mount-250-3592-228x228.jpg

he said its a non issue...will work and they will have it figured out by the tim the switch is available

CheesyRider
09-12-2014, 12:27 PM
he said its a non issue...will work and they will have it figured out by the tim the switch is available That's great news! I'm looking forward to finding out the installation details when the Honda switchgear becomes available.

coffeeguy
11-30-2014, 06:43 PM
plans are to buy a 2015 Matte Gray....the cruise was must have for me, but bummed ABS and reverse are not included. Not uncommon for me to have an 800-1000 mile day. The British version has all 3. I suppose Honda knows Americans often will bite the bullet and buy the latest/greatest version available. (i.e. iPhone)

carpdm
11-30-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm considering the 2015 Deluxe, in Matte Grey as well; i want cruise too. Though there are some good deals on 2013 and 2014 models. Would just need to and --------.

Limoles
12-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Gee - It's the never ending story . Next year model will have cruise control , but 2016 might come with electric shield . What about 2017 , where transmission can get 6th gear ? It is also possible , that following models will be completely redesigned too . Is the annual trading the proper answer , or we have to live with initial choice ? I can't answer this question ...

carpdm
12-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Limoles...you may be on to something. If the F6B model continues in the Honda line up, I could see Honda adding accessories a little at a time. Mmmmm....now I may need to reconsider a 2015 model and go for a 2013 or 2014 with the nice discounts being offered. Or, maybe I just keep my 2005 ST1300PA and add cruise.

Limoles
12-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Limoles...you may be on to something. If the F6B model continues in the Honda line up, I could see Honda adding accessories a little at a time. Mmmmm....now I may need to reconsider a 2015 model and go for a 2013 or 2014 with the nice discounts being offered. Or, maybe I just keep my 2005 ST1300PA and add cruise.

Most of us adding accessories to beautify our toys and highlight unique personality into beloved machine . What bother me the most , is horrendeus market value depreciation . 2015 Deluxe model w/cruise is priced $22K . I've seen already new '13th & '14th SOLD around 13- $14K . Even "Signature" w/desired combination of colors is $15K . So, that difference in price makes people thinking twice . O , by the way - you talking BMW ? Is no other bike , which is loosing its value faster , not even mention the price of parts & services.
I had them already , incl. latest K1200LT with all bells and whistles . When K1600GT amazed me much , I was ready to spend $30K , but took cold shower and stopped dreaming to have "Ultimate Machine". Now and after 2 years , you can get slightly used for 16 - $17K . Well , everyone will adjust desire to the wallet . That's the way , how life goes on .. Still - cruise is THE MUST BE option !!!

jkelley
12-01-2014, 01:10 PM
I tend to agree, we are a jump on the wagon for all the new goodies bunch of folks. Be it phones, bikes, or what ever.

There will always be something new and improved.... I really don't understand anyone that is a current owner trading up just for a color or cruise?

But what ever gets your motor running is fine with me.

Having done both I would rather spend a weekend installing cruise, or tearing a bike down and getting it painted a color I really wanted with GOOD paint rather than settling for a bone stock color Honda thinks will sell. But that's me. I do understand some would rather not touch a bike but would rather ride it, and I guess that's why they sell the new goodies?

opas ride
12-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Just curious...Has anyone ever purchased a bike that they were perfectly happy with??..If we all got what we wanted with all the things we think are important and necessary, the bike companies would go out of business as they would have no need to update or improve their products....Why is it that most of us think we "have-to-have" the latest and greatest products and are willing to spend countless dollars for stuff we really don't need!!...Probably, because as Americans, we are one of the most "spoiled" and "coddled" peoples in the world and have a lot of disposable income to buy things!!...I guess as one gets older "things" become far less significant and important....JMHO...But I am not ready to give up my F6B yet!!!

fxdl2051
12-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Honda seems to have learned from Harley, take a basic engine keep it and just keep upgrading the accessory package, maybe they'll even come out with a CVO f6b. Makes sense, creates an automatic market for things that already exist on their other models.

CheesyRider
12-04-2014, 11:15 AM
I just noticed the parts schematic is now available for the 2015. It looks like the cruise control switch gear is $170.10. Who is going to be the first to mate this with an aftermarket cruise control?
http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/543329e4f870022688981386/handle-switch

jkelley
12-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Hell, I'll give it a shot. now wheres that card my wife hid from me?

Rustysocket
12-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Anecdotal Comment:

Prior to the days of internet forums I was predominantly happy with just about any purchase I made. Especially regarding vehicles. Once the enthusiast forums became available I spent more time reading about something I had just purchased than I did just enjoying my new toy.

I purchased my F6B on a whim after speaking to an owner who couldn't say enough good things about the bike. I didn't realize that a motorcycle could have a cruise control or a reverse gear. The F6B is a solid platform and fortunately does not have any real issues. We don't really have many posts here about things breaking and I find that to be encouraging.

The general nature of a motorcycle is something most of us will personalize and make it our own. Because of that I find internet forums to be a double edge sword. I find all kinds of things that I would like to accessorize my bike with and at the same time become aware of some of the limitations. So while I would probably enjoy a cruise control setup and there are times when a certainly could use a reverse gear, I think for the most part I'm happy with what the F6B is and the enjoyment I get out of riding it. Should the time come where something else attracts my attention I'll weigh the pro's and cons and make my decision from there.

Enjoy your bikes, not everyone is as fortunate as we are to even be in the position to own one.

DaWadd
12-04-2014, 04:48 PM
"Enjoy your bikes, not everyone is as fortunate as we are to even be in the position to own one". Very well put. :yes:

RonRider
02-08-2015, 10:25 PM
My friends drool over my F6B with envy, and the Harley owners ask more questions than anybody, most having not heard about them yet. These are the hottest bikes on the street right now, 13, 14 or 15. If you got one you are looking good.

smokinjoe187
02-08-2015, 11:15 PM
i will be the first to say that i wish my bike had cruise control
but heres my thoughts on this subject now
after many windshields i'm finally happy
don't ask me which one or why please
as we all have found out there is no perfect windscreen
i have upgraded the sound system to my liking(thanks Jimmie Tee!)
i added a razor tour pack and thats where my sub lives now
i added a break away right when i first got it and i'm used to it now
my ultimate king seat is flat out the perfect seat for me...
i added a k&n and switched to rotella t6 and use wix filters
i bought a brake bleeder and brake fluid so i limit my visits to the stealer
i added heli bars and i can say my bike fits me perfect
Dark side Michelin run flat
i really hope honda reads our posts
really
when you loose this much value on a product as we have i guess the best thing is to say is I have learned a valuable lesson
i will never buy a motorcycle that does not have ALL the things i wanted
WE ALL SETTELED FOR THIS BIKE WITH OUT THIS STUFF!!
lets just STOP whinning about this and ride the piss out of them
shame on us for expecting honda to make the paint right or a add on cruise control
take charge of your own path lifes to dam short to be un happy with buyers remorse
nuff said

bob109
02-09-2015, 06:30 AM
I find it rather amazing and amusing that folks knowingly buy a motorcycle and in advance of the purchase they know exactly what the machine has and doesn't have in regards to standard accessories. IMHO Honda did a remarkable job of accurately describing the differences between the 2013/2014 Basic/Delux Models. Knowing that the "American Edition" had neither cruise, ABS, reverse or even a tool kit was rather clear in all brochures and other media data Honda provided. With all that information in hand, prior to a purchase, why would anyone in their "right mind" buy a bike only to complain of what it didn't offer and complain about it for the duration of "ownership":banghead: I'm guessing that ones "infatuation" with the "looks" and "style" of the F6B overcame any logical reasons that should have prevailed before making a major/expensive purchase. Now that the 2015 are here with the much wanted "cruise" one can remedy their self proclaimed mistake and trade their "ill equipped" 6 on the "newest model". You can almost surely bet that after the purchase of a 15 American version the complaint will be the lack of ABS. That said, I beginning to think that the purchase of a "full blown Wing" would have been the right thing for folks wanting "it all". The GL1800 with the surgically removed trunk seems like the more logical purchase. Honda made the F6B available because of "customer want" at a "price break" folks could afford. It all comes down to purchasing a Yugo or Tata and wanting all the "bells and whistles" of a BMW or Caddy...."you get what you pay for":shhh:

taxfree4
02-09-2015, 07:03 AM
If you don't want to go through all the expense and bother, I have the Omni Cruise and it works like a charm, never fails. This has the tightening screw for a secure fit, no traveling.

http://www.omni-cruise.com/omni-cruise-1/

opas ride
02-09-2015, 11:40 AM
I find it rather amazing and amusing that folks knowingly buy a motorcycle and in advance of the purchase they know exactly what the machine has and doesn't have in regards to standard accessories. IMHO Honda did a remarkable job of accurately describing the differences between the 2013/2014 Basic/Delux Models. Knowing that the "American Edition" had neither cruise, ABS, reverse or even a tool kit was rather clear in all brochures and other media data Honda provided. With all that information in hand, prior to a purchase, why would anyone in their "right mind" buy a bike only to complain of what it didn't offer and complain about it for the duration of "ownership":banghead: I'm guessing that ones "infatuation" with the "looks" and "style" of the F6B overcame any logical reasons that should have prevailed before making a major/expensive purchase. Now that the 2015 are here with the much wanted "cruise" one can remedy their self proclaimed mistake and trade their "ill equipped" 6 on the "newest model". You can almost surely bet that after the purchase of a 15 American version the complaint will be the lack of ABS. That said, I beginning to think that the purchase of a "full blown Wing" would have been the right thing for folks wanting "it all". The GL1800 with the surgically removed trunk seems like the more logical purchase. Honda made the F6B available because of "customer want" at a "price break" folks could afford. It all comes down to purchasing a Yugo or Tata and wanting all the "bells and whistles" of a BMW or Caddy...."you get what you pay for":shhh:
Good write-up my friend....Those who are always "whining" about no cruise control or ABS knew full well in advance what they were buying...I get a little tired of the same old issues on these options...Ride what you have, enjoy it, be thankful you can ride, and move on!!!

Limoles
02-09-2015, 01:30 PM
If you "little tired" , just take a nap and relax - will help . Let others express their feelings .

terrydj
02-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Whinge whinge whinge whinge ????
I ride a motorcycle ???
A Motorcycle ???
Come from a time where the only accessory yah had on a bike was a couple of Occy straps to hold on yah sausage army bag and when yah got real trendy a Cassette recorder or a $2 radio in yah pocket
Yeah and yah buy a vehicle and it depreciates, yeah that's never happened before ???
Yah ride a motorcycle
Yeah load it up with stuff, or don't but don't whinge and wine
Oh and throttle locks work, are cheap, don't break down and yah only need a screwdriver to fit em. :icon_cool::icon_cool:

opas ride
02-09-2015, 02:59 PM
If you "little tired" , just take a nap and relax - will help . Let others express their feelings .
I don't need a nap my friend, but how many times can a person post the same old issue about the lack of cruise on the 2013/14 models on the F6B..Anyone looking for this bike should have known in advance that it came with no cruise control and what good does it do to keep beating up on Honda because they made the original choice....Perhaps it should have been available but the "chicken left the coop" a few years back....Ride safe......

bob109
02-09-2015, 07:15 PM
If you don't want to go through all the expense and bother, I have the Omni Cruise and it works like a charm, never fails. This has the tightening screw for a secure fit, no traveling.

http://www.omni-cruise.com/omni-cruise-1/

Like the Omni Cruise, the Go Cruise uses the identical "friction principle" of easily controlling the throttle. Had OEM cruise on my Royal Star Tour Delux and rarely used it. The simplicity and reasonable cost of the Omin and Go Cruise is a "no brainer". Something to relax your throttle hand without fuss and ado:icon_wink: I added silicon o-rings to each side of the Go Cruise which enhanced it performance and removed any "lateral movement". Works great! A pic for clarity:icon_biggrin: