PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Goodbody

hiflyer
09-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Since I got back from Franklin, I've taken on the role of nurse to my lovely wife who had back surgery last Wednesday. When she is sleeping I go out to the garage and fiddle with the bike. Surgery was a success, she just has to heal from the surgery itself now. Until that happens I will probably be all over this board. I've got to say I'm a little bummed at the thought of waiting a full year to gather with other F6B's again. Maybe some of you North Texas guys will want to do a Talimena Drive ride when the leaves start to change. The best part of the riding season is almost upon us. Oh, I may be playing nurse...the goodbody part is debatable.

Ridlikhel
09-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Hiflyer,

I lived in Dallas for 34 years and owned two different bikes, but never was riding season over.

How much colder can it be in Oklahoma? :shock:

I hope your honey heals with little pain and lots of joy!

hiflyer
09-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Hiflyer,

I lived in Dallas for 34 years and owned two different bikes, but never was riding season over.

How much colder can it be in Oklahoma? :shock:

I hope your honey heals with little pain and lots of joy!

Thanks for the well wishes. I ride year round, been known to be on the highway when temps are in the single digits. I like to look forward to planned events. I meant that I have nothing planned as of yet for the next year. As soon as my sweetie is back to tip top, I'm going somewhere. Fall is my favorite time to ride.

Scotrod
09-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Good to hear the wife is doin well!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Always good to take care of each other!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: Been down that road several times,,, both directions!!! LOL!!!

Not much of a cold weather rider, but I usually do a Hill-Country run around X-Mas,,,

jkelley
09-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. I ride year round, been known to be on the highway when temps are in the single digits. I like to look forward to planned events. I meant that I have nothing planned as of yet for the next year. As soon as my sweetie is back to tip top, I'm going somewhere. Fall is my favorite time to ride.

Been wondering how she was doing since we talked at the rally. Come on back to NC and we'll ride! Like you the best part of the year for riding is coming up for me as well. I am a winter rider, can't stand the heat.

Phantom
09-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Glad to hear that she is doing well, perhaps next year she flies into Asheville while you ride in and then pick her up at the airport so that both of you join us. Should be more comfortable for her. :icon_cool::yes:

hiflyer
09-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Glad to hear that she is doing well, perhaps next year she flies into Asheville while you ride in and then pick her up at the airport so that both of you join us. Should be more comfortable for her. :icon_cool::yes:

She said that sounds good! I told her you would loan me the T-Rex to pick her up.:shhh:

53driver
09-08-2014, 08:52 AM
Glad to hear the missus is doing well after surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery and getting back to doing the things she likes to do.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve 0080
09-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Hope your wife heals quickly !!!!