PDA

View Full Version : Klock Werks Windshield

BLACKBETTY12
09-07-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm thinking about purchasing a Klock Werks but undecided on dark smoke or light tint. What do you guys suggest? I find myself leaning towards the dark smoke but don't want it to be too
dark for night riding.

JackB
09-07-2014, 07:52 PM
the dark will look great.

bobbyf6b
09-07-2014, 07:53 PM
You will be looking over it so dark tint is fine.

RcBtx1999
09-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm thinking about purchasing a Klock Werks but undecided on dark smoke or light tint. What do you guys suggest? I find myself leaning towards the dark smoke but don't want it to be too
dark for night riding.

I bought the Klockwerks smoked. Love it, it's short and with a flip to keep weather off you, you look over it. It's fine at night.

mtcgun
09-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Dark... you wont be looking thru it unless youre only 3 ft tall.8391

Mrf13
09-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Dark for sure.

BLACKBETTY12
09-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the replies! Dark it is...

BLACKBETTY12
09-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Anyone know who has this in stock and best price?

RcBtx1999
09-08-2014, 08:56 AM

I think it was Eastern Performance is who the seller was. When you get it, you can install it yourself. There is a couple of good video's on you-tube and Klockwerks is supposed to have one out, they did not when I purchased mine......... Just checked Wingstuff had the best price at 251.00.

XKnight
09-08-2014, 07:23 PM

I bought mine from Revzilla when they were in stock. I decided to get the tinted shield instead of the dark smoke and am glad I did. While the dark smoke definitely looks cooler the tinted allows for better visibility, especially for us shorter/medium height folks. I do look over the shield, but I also like to be able to see the road in front of me and with the dark smoke, especially at night, I don't think I'd be able to see much of the road. If you're a tall person then it's probably not an issue. I also have the Mustang seat which lowers me an inch and sits me back a bit so which seat you have and your height are factors to consider.

BTW, the Klock Werks is infinitely better at wind protection than the stock shield and looks as good if not better too. I have found that what helmet you wear with different shields makes a big difference as well in overall comfort/wind protection. My half helmet doesn't work very well with the Klockwerks, but was great with my 19" shield. My Shark Modular Evoline in the 3/4 mode works very well with the Klockwerks, but didn't work so great with the 19" shield. There are so many variables to getting just the right combination of windshield and helmet. Good luck!