PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear !!!

wantone
09-08-2014, 09:36 AM
If there was one thing I wud buy from Harley Davidson that wud be their clothes. I really like their rain gears. If only it did not have a HD logo.

I guess I can get generic one from cycle gear but their stuff is useless after few uses. I really want some quality product that is going to last forever like Honda :icon_biggrin:

Any Suggestions....

Spanky
09-08-2014, 09:47 AM
tell people it stands for Honda Darkside, or Harley Destroyer

DaWadd
09-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Helly Hansen makes a nice rain jacket and pants with reflective piping. Think it cost me $75.

Steve 0080
09-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Thats a good one!!!!! H.D. does everything first class!

53driver
09-08-2014, 10:07 AM
I own British Motorcycle Gear "Discovery" jacket & "Pioneer" pants, fully armored, fully waterproof.
Not inexpensive.

Rode through "really cold rain" several times (didn't want to write 'freezing rain') and had no issues.
Had the set for 5 seasons now and the gear is still very new looking and holding up well.
I wish I had gotten a slightly larger waist and slightly longer inseam in the pant though....

Cheers,
Steve

bob109
09-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Along with my "rain gear" I purchased a pair of "Spider Feet"! They are, IMHO, the "Cat's A$$". Versatile and easy to stow with their own pouch they sure keep the feet dry and allow easy shifting. They have rubber soles:icon_biggrin:

F6B1911
09-08-2014, 02:29 PM
One of the best rain suits I ever purchased was a DriRider. Can't seem to find that brand here, a Google search shows it is available in Australia. Still can't find a domestic reseller of DriRider products. I'd still be wearing it, but you know how it goes, it just don't fit anymore!!

DaWadd
09-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Oops, rain gear I have made by WetSkins not Helly Hansen.

sub vet
09-08-2014, 03:10 PM
If there was one thing I wud buy from Harley Davidson that wud be their clothes. I really like their rain gears. If only it did not have a HD logo.

I guess I can get generic one from cycle gear but their stuff is useless after few uses. I really want some quality product that is going to last forever like Honda :icon_biggrin:

Any Suggestions....

Actually one of the few things h-d did get right, ...... this one OR the yellow/green one will disable the stealth mode !! .batman-smilie.

ISLANDER1089
09-09-2014, 05:34 PM
I discovered Frogg Toggs who make rain gear for all kinds of outdoor sports. http://www.froggtoggswarehouse.com/products/frogg-toggs-toadz-kikker-ii-reflective-jacket

Not only are they waterproof and very light weight but they breath so you don't sweat while wearing them.

Steve 0080
09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
I have the Frogg Toggs for here in FLA due to the humidity which is twice as bad after a shower....most of the time I just get wet and drive for 10 more miles and I am dry again.....really not a fan of rain gear!!

Kirkster1520
09-10-2014, 10:44 AM
I read an article one time that said HD makes more money from their clothing line than the sale of their motorcycles. Also, I was in a HD dealership last year and was looking at their clothing. I didn't see any clothing made in the USA. It was all made overseas somewhere. So much for American branding.

2kewlgypsy
09-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I still wear my Harley rain gear with the F6B. My back is covered by my colors, but it still says Harley up my legs. Not sure that I care, they are a good set.
2~kewl

racer
09-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Frogg Toggs - good gear, reasonable price and light weight.

er.medic
09-10-2014, 05:20 PM
I just bought a set from Nellson-Rigg, here's the link http://nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1675 I haven't received them yet so I can't offer an opinion. I will update once I have tried them out.

Johncmendenhall
09-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Yes
Get some.

Kurare79
09-12-2014, 01:54 AM
On my F6B i'm so hot, that the rain drops evaporate before they can hit me :lolup:

So, no need for rain gear. :clap2:

srt8-in-largo
09-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Top shelf stuff money no object? BMW.

Affordable but still pretty good? Frogg Togg.

CoCoKola
09-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Along with my "rain gear" I purchased a pair of "Spider Feet"! They are, IMHO, the "Cat's A$$". Versatile and easy to stow with their own pouch they sure keep the feet dry and allow easy shifting. They have rubber soles:icon_biggrin:

+1 on the frogtogs.

curious, spider feet like this: http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Waterproof-Covers-Motorcycle-Biker/dp/B00DHVIXDU ?

the one review said they melt. most things will against hot pipes though...

BIGLRY
09-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Frogtogs are the only thing that fit my 6'5" 400lb body and keep me dry in inclement weather.:rainyday: I won't travel with out them in my ditty bag.
Now if it is an emergency and you need something fast and cheap look at Home Depot or Lowes for some DuPont TY122S Disposable Elastic Wrist, Tyvek Coverall Suit, under $10 they usually come with booties and will keep you dry. :301:

XKnight
09-24-2014, 07:05 PM
If you like your Harley rain gear then keep wearing it. Don't worry about what logo it has. I still wear my Harley shirts when I ride the F6B. I like getting strange looks from people.:shock: Just this weekend a buddy of mine asked me what model Harley I was riding?:icon_lol:

That being said, Harley Davisdson doesn't actually make any clothes or boots. They just put their logo on other manufacturers goods that are usually made In the good old Communist Republic of China and then they jack up the prices. Most of their boots are made by Wolverine and Bates, but Harley charges about twice the price because of the logo. I bet you can find the exact same rain gear without the logo for much cheaper than what Harley charges.

hiflyer
09-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Now is the time of season I put away my mesh jacket and summer rain suit, and break out my Aerostitch two piece. I have 250k miles on my jacket that I bought in the late 90's. What I love about this gear is that (1) some of the best protective gear available, I have friends who have gone down wearing this stuff and got nary a scratch (2) if it rains, no need to stop (3) comfort, it feels good, and when it gets cold, a sweatshirt over my heated liner has no bulk, (3) dealing with Aerostitch. Best customer service, bar none, and the availability of a custom fit. All of my A/S stuff is custom fit. I renew the water repelling capability of the gore tex when needed. Some of you guys like the cruiser look in your gear, to each his own, I like this look, and I wear a full face (modular), another part of my raingear (and everyday gear)

jkelley
09-25-2014, 04:52 AM
I own British Motorcycle Gear "Discovery" jacket & "Pioneer" pants, fully armored, fully waterproof.
Not inexpensive.

Rode through "really cold rain" several times (didn't want to write 'freezing rain') and had no issues.
Had the set for 5 seasons now and the gear is still very new looking and holding up well.
I wish I had gotten a slightly larger waist and slightly longer inseam in the pant though....

Cheers,
Steve

Saw this stuff at a motorcycle deal in Greenville last year. Nice stuff. Not cheap by any means but good stuff.
I still wear my HD gear as well. only issue is my crotch gets wet in a heavy rain, still have not found a hole or anything.

Fla_rider
09-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Dang still monsoon season in South Florida! 'windy'

Steve 0080
09-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Saw this stuff at a motorcycle deal in Greenville last year. Nice stuff. Not cheap by any means but good stuff.
I still wear my HD gear as well. only issue is my crotch gets wet in a heavy rain, still have not found a hole or anything.

TMI......

srt8-in-largo
09-25-2014, 10:22 PM
:crackup:

jkelley
09-26-2014, 05:03 AM
LOL, I'll get you a pic.