PDA

View Full Version : Removing front chrome heat shields for new exhaust

GiddyupF6B
06-17-2013, 08:10 PM
I just got off the phone with Jimmy from Torq Master, what a great guy to deal with! Anyway, I am exchanging my front chrome stock covers for black chrome to match my new exhaust and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for doing this? I am bringing my F6 home on Wednesday and already have turn signals and pegs on the way but am most excited for this exhaust!!!! The exhaust itself looks pretty straight forward and I am confident I can knock that out in a couple of hours but could use some guidance on those two front chrome shields on each side. I know I need to remove some body panels and front chin so advice on this will be appreciated. Thanks for the help guys!!!! Giddy

Steve 0080
06-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Not sure as I did not remove mine.....but...I did change out pipes...should come right off once you have the pipes off....keep the rubbers from your old ones and onlu remove the single bolt by the rotor and the clamp on the head of the pipe and they come right off...make sure you don't bend the little tabs so they line back up!!!

Darkknight
06-18-2013, 05:18 AM
Well, I'm hoping my Torqmasters are close to being on the way. I ordered mine a couple weeks back.

I'm doing the same thing with the shields so I'll let you know how it goes when I do it. What style did you order? I ordered the Daytonas but the Super Snakes and inverted Snakes were sweet also.
Did you get an estimate on delivery? I'm thinking 3-4 weeks.

I also did the smoked signals, Honda LED fog lights, luggage rack, black mini boards, dual USB power plug, YUASA battery maintainer, and waiting for the GesaGear cover the RIVCO highway pegs and the pipes. Being the black bike I also ordered some 3M paint protective film and placed that where my knees would contact the paint.

There is no limit in sight for accessories. There IS however a limit on my VISA.

GiddyupF6B
06-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Well, I'm hoping my Torqmasters are close to being on the way. I ordered mine a couple weeks back.

I'm doing the same thing with the shields so I'll let you know how it goes when I do it. What style did you order? I ordered the Daytonas but the Super Snakes and inverted Snakes were sweet also.

I also did the smoked signals, Honda LED fog lights, luggage rack, black mini boards, dual USB power plug, YUASA battery maintainer, and waiting for the GesaGear cover the RIVCO highway pegs and the pipes. Being the black bike I also ordered some 3M paint protective film and placed that where my knees would contact the paint.

There is no limit in sight for accessories. There IS however a limit on my VISA.

I got the Daytona's. Jim told me shipping from him was $38 but then I mentioned it was free from Wingstuff so i will talk to him later and see how to proceed. Most likely he can send the shields with core charge directly to them and ship or I will get the exhaust from them and the front pieces just shipped directly from him, I'll know later. I am going for a pretty loud and aggressive tone, deep and throaty. My 109 had a two into one sideburner with no baffles so anything will seem quiet in comparison. I want my Wing to growl, I don't think I could have a quiet bike....I love to hear it growl!

yellowskeeter1
06-18-2013, 03:17 PM
You will have to remove front cowling where the fog light go, both side covers to get to the bolts. Pretty easy.

Texas TC
06-18-2013, 09:15 PM
You guys are going to like your new Torq Masters. I have had mine for about five hundred miles and have been extremely pleased. The sound is awesome, but not too loud.

bikeng
06-30-2015, 06:44 PM
I have the six 2 six Cobra on mine....awesome!

VP8
07-01-2015, 04:14 PM

Dark knight...I installed the 3m paint protector pro series on the sides of my gas tank too... looks great. Can't even notice its there unless you stare at them. Make sure you get a yellow turbo squeegee to apply the 3m paint protector...it's a lot easier.

VP8
07-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I just got off the phone with Jimmy from Torq Master, what a great guy to deal with! Anyway, I am exchanging my front chrome stock covers for black chrome to match my new exhaust and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for doing this? I am bringing my F6 home on Wednesday and already have turn signals and pegs on the way but am most excited for this exhaust!!!! The exhaust itself looks pretty straight forward and I am confident I can knock that out in a couple of hours but could use some guidance on those two front chrome shields on each side. I know I need to remove some body panels and front chin so advice on this will be appreciated. Thanks for the help guys!!!! Giddy

Giddy, to swap out the front heat shields, you will need to remove the lower front cowl and the protector assembly. This is because there is a screw that holds the front heat shield, and it's covered by the protector assembly. I actually painted my front heat shields black. I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a video on how to remove the necessary parts... so I made a video myself to help others. Feel free to watch it as a reference... hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-tNsINapA

GiddyupF6B
07-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I appreciate the feedback guys...this thread is two years old and I've had 3 exhausts since then! :icon_doh::icon_mrgreen:

Hardrock
07-06-2015, 04:06 PM
I appreciate the feedback guys...this thread is two years old and I've had 3 exhausts since then! :icon_doh::icon_mrgreen:

What do you have now, and what was your take on the previous exhausts?

bobsF6B
07-06-2015, 04:41 PM
The new stock exhaust on the 2015 F6B is good too.