PDA

View Full Version : 3 Pass Blast

kjelders
09-08-2014, 10:38 AM
7 of us did what's called the "3 Pass Blast" Saturday. The three Cascade Mountain passes are; Steven's Pass, Blewitt Pass, and Snoqualmie Pass. The weather was perfect. We stopped in the town of Leavenworth, WA. A tourist baravarian town on the east side. Later in the day we ate a late lunch at The Brick in the town of Roslyn, WA were they filmed the tv series Northern Exposure.

New owner and forum member Schnapps (Rich) joined the ride with us. I also met forum member Talldude (Manuel) while in Leavenworth.

Steve 0080
09-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Cool...any pics from the passes???

kjelders
09-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Cool...any pics from the passes???

Unfortunately no....hence the name "blast", because that is how you ride them! :icon_wink:

WCody
09-18-2014, 03:50 PM
The idea for the 3 Pass Blast is to ride their designated route and try to get as close to their designated total time that they have come up with beforehand. You're not supposed to exceed the posted speed limits, etc.

The closest rider wins a prize.

I've done the Stevens/Blewett/Snoqualmie ride before but, much prefer the longer Cascade Loop routes. Hwy 20 is much more scenic than I-90 but, it can be much slower too... depending upon traffic.

But, I'm much to impatient to ride at the posted speed limits and so, never tried the 3 Pass Blast. ;-)

kjelders
09-18-2014, 03:53 PM
The idea for the 3 Pass Blast is to ride their designated route and try to get as close to their designated total time that they have come up with beforehand. You're not supposed to exceed the posted speed limits, etc.

The closest rider wins a prize.

I've done the Stevens/Blewett/Snoqualmie ride before but, much prefer the longer Cascade Loop routes. Hwy 20 is much more scenic than I-90 but, it can be much slower too... depending upon traffic.

But, I'm much to impatient to ride at the posted speed limits and so, never tried the 3 Pass Blast. ;-)

I'm doing Hwy 20 this weekend. It's my favorite road to ride here in Washington. The 3 Passes this time will be Washington Pass, Blewitt Pass, and Chinook Pass, which means one more time ride down Yakima Canyon. Total ride for the day close to 600 miles.

Steve 0080
09-18-2014, 10:36 PM
600 miles in a day is quite a hike...for a local ride!!!

kjelders
09-19-2014, 07:53 AM
600 miles in a day is quite a hike...for a local ride!!!

You have to get the miles when you can. Our fall/winter rains are moving in next week.